Woe is me, Serena Williams has a meltdown at the US Open

This is what, like her 20th on court meltdown? She's a great tennis player but a horrible human being.

I watched the video.

It seemed a little shady to me.

The coach at the end said of course he was coaching, every single coach coaches every single point, it just never gets called. He said the other coach was doing exactly the same thing, for every point.

Well its only cheating if you get caught and Serena's coach is the one who got caught

Her coach coaching, or getting caught or everyone doing it is all a separate issue to the way Serena handled it during and after. She seems delusional and her passionate support of women's rights and perceived inequality has blinded her or prevents her from seeing things properly. The reason the ump took a point then a game was because you were out of your mind with emotion and were berating and patronizing him. Admit your fault and move on, the better player won today...

Her coach coaching, or getting caught or everyone doing it is all a separate issue to the way Serena handled it during and after. She seems delusional and her passionate support of women's rights and perceived inequality has blinded her or prevents her from seeing things properly. The reason the ump took a point then a game was because you were out of your mind with emotion and were berating and patronizing him. Admit your fault and move on, the better player won today...

She handled it poorly, but there's an argument to be made that the calls were a bit extreme.

Coaching never gets called, and apparently others (men) are allowed far more expressions of emotion than Serena was allowed before she got her game penalty.

The commentators were shocked at the call, especially during a final match.

She handled it poorly, but there's an argument to be made that the calls were a bit extreme.

Coaching never gets called, and apparently others (men) are allowed far more expressions of emotion than Serena was allowed before she got her game penalty.

It is an interesting situation. I theorize (with no evidence) the ump is more of an old school tennis guy and was trying to keep the match classy and proper. He seemingly overreacted and she way overreacted...

I watched the video.

It seemed a little shady to me.

The coach at the end said of course he was coaching, every single coach coaches every single point, it just never gets called. He said the other coach was doing exactly the same thing, for every point.
Regardless, it is still against the rules. If she accepts the reprimand and moves on then there is no penalty. Instead she threw a fit and it cost her one of her two chances to get back on serve

That chick takes the same supplements Lebron takes from that clinic in Miami.

That video is hilarious, she's even more crazy than you alluded to.

We had a thread a couple months ago about how Serena was mad because officials wanted to test her for doping from time to time (understandable since she's the #1 player). She also dodged a dope testing by locking herself in her house's panic room and calling 911 because... an official rung her doorbell. Lol.

Dat roid brain.

I watched the video in the OP, and the commentators weren't shocked. They basically said that while men DO tend to do worse, they simmer down after the first offense, which results in a warning. Serena didn't even get started until after the warning. She did it to herself.

It is an interesting situation. I theorize (with no evidence) the ump is more of an old school tennis guy and was trying to keep the match classy and proper. He seemingly overreacted and she way overreacted...

In the video, the commentators said that the umpire was highly respected and has been in his position for 18 years.

I don't know shit about tennis, but it seems like Serena lost her cool and got punished for it. Even if the first warning was bullshit (again, I don't watch tennis, so I don't know), her reaction to a warning cost her a chance at winning the tournament.

I don’t expect Williams to get any sympathy here, but the umpire absolutely, totally fucked up the game. That was some Steve Mazzagatti-level interfering with & fucking up of the sport he was supposed to be passively overseeing.

Don't really follow tennis so its hard for me to judge. I mainly know Serena Williams for doing a guest voice on Avatar the Last Airbender. Her and Adasanya, what's up with black athletes digging that show?

Anyway, I can definitively say with the years of experience in broscience I have that this was a textbook example of roid rage.

Saltrena Williams IMO

I watched the video in the OP, and the commentators weren't shocked. They basically said that while men DO tend to do worse, they simmer down after the first offense, which results in a warning. Serena didn't even get started until after the warning. She did it to herself.

In the video, the commentators said that the umpire was highly respected and has been in his position for 18 years.

I don't know shit about tennis, but it seems like Serena lost her cool and got punished for it. Even if the first warning was bullshit (again, I don't watch tennis, so I don't know), her reaction to a warning cost her a chance at winning the tournament.

Don't get me wrong, I come from a serious soccer background, my father was FIFA back when that meant something. You don't get in the ref's face, the consequences are swift and final.

Regardless, it is still against the rules. If she accepts the reprimand and moves on then there is no penalty. Instead she threw a fit and it cost her one of her two chances to get back on serve

Agreed.

The old days had better outbursts

Don't get me wrong, I come from a serious soccer background, my father was FIFA back when that meant something. You don't get in the ref's face, the consequences are swift and final.

The umpire in the Serena match seemed so patient with her outburst. So then, we he finally said "fuck it, it's past due" and called her on verbal abuse, she clung to the fact that she called her on calling him a thief. Which, in itself, doesn't seem so bad. But that happened after he accused him of being a sexist, repeatedly demanded that he issue a public apology, and overall just disrespecting him on multiple levels.

Umpire was dead ass patient with her and she kept pushing. It's on her.

I don’t expect Williams to get any sympathy here, but the umpire absolutely, totally fucked up the game. That was some Steve Mazzagatti-level interfering with & fucking up of the sport he was supposed to be passively overseeing.
he did make an impact but I watched the entire match and Serena was out of it emotionally and mentally before the ump got "involved". She was getting beaten bad and would have lost with any ump sitting there...

those are some enormous, women?

giphy.gif
<{clintugh}>
<{katwhu}>
<{boisedyme}>

Serena gets accused of "cheating" in her words, where the umpire saw her getting coaching when she wasn't allowed to. She starts berating him and telling him he needs to appologize because she's a mother and she never cheats and this is after (*before?) slamming and breaking a racket. She continues to mouth off as they take a break and she is docked a game because of verbal abuse and she loses it, talking about being a woman this and men that... Shes playing the sexism card, the "i'm a mother" card, the perpetual victim... "because i'm a woman you're going to take this away from me?"

She is a mess and about to lose to a 20 year old... I used to really enjoy her but man she is insufferable. Get with it Serena...

*edit: ...and she lost. instead of shaking the umpires hand she points and tells him he needs to apologize... the camera showed her coach making hand signals from the crowd and looking around like he knew he shouldn't be doing it... minor but rules are rules...

*edit 2: apparently coaching from the stands is a common occurrence and its up to the umpires subjectivity to call it. The plot thicken... and the "black" card will most certainly be played, though it shouldn't have much impact due to the Japanese gal also being part black...

*edit 3: Thanks @Loiosh

While I see how she would be upset at the accusation of she really was innocent, even her coach was happy to admit that he was coaching from the stands. So that entire tirade from Serena was straight bullshit. All the lies about integrity and being a mother were straight up lies. It's fucking disgusting that she faked indignation like demanding an apology despite knowing she was in the wrong.

So fuck her and the bullshit horse she rode in on. She's a cheater. Her fault for getting caught.

Back