WNF Back? Erislandy Lara v Willie Lee tonight on ESPN

Wow , teddy suggesting Glen Johnson as a possible next opponent, I like to see despaigne get at least 3 - 4 more fights , I understand that he is 30 and has over 300 amateur fights and his window is small but it aint that small.

Random Question: I don't know much about actual technique, but after a jab-str.right-lft hook combo, what's the next punch (in theory)?

Random Question: I don't know much about actual technique, but after a jab-str.right-lft hook combo, what's the next punch (in theory)?

back to the jab, and step to the side is want i would do.

back to the jab, and step to the side it want i would do.

Ah. Thanks. Just watching Despaigne throwing combos reminded me that I had no clue what fighters were supposed to do after throwing the lft hook.

Ah. Thanks. Just watching Despaigne throwing combos reminded me that I had no clue what fighters were supposed to do after throwing the lft hook.

It depends to, if their on the inside and its a short left hook, then some would say a straight right or right uppercut would be next.

Well that was workmanlike, should have gone for the kill though, oh well.

Despaigne has wins over Andre Dirrell and Jean Pascal in the amateurs, interesting

Men beating up on boys. That's the cuban system.

I don't know too much about Despaigne so I can really tell you how he would do against them against as a professional. But I say I like his offense... He does over pop his jab, but he can commit to offense if he wants to. And importantly, he has a quick, stiff, stiff jab. It's obviously way too early, but I say he has the foundation to beat Pascal. He has the quick jab, the stiff jab Pascal can't just dart right over and he has the movement and the capacity not to let Pascal off the hook after his burst flurry. But like I said, way too early in his career... but probable.

Dirrell is another story... He just all the sudden turned into one of the dirtiest technical fighters in the game. Straight dirty, but respect.

It depends to, if their on the inside and its a short left hook, then most would say a straight right would be next.

Ok. So inside it essentially becomes a 2-3-2 after the jab?

Despaigne looked good, I'll be interested to see how he develops. His amateur pedigree is impressive.

Dawson should have been more aggressive he desereved to lose

Should Dawson use his rematch clause against Pascall, I honestly seeing him dominating Pascall, because he should know better and be much more aggressive.

Ok. So inside it essentially becomes a 2-3-2 after .

That's a combo I like cause if you land the left hook clean, it will turn the head enough to where the straight right will land cleanly on the chin.

Should Dawson use his rematch clause against Pascall, I honestly seeing him dominating Pascall, because he should know better and be much more aggressive.

Yes I agree and hope he does take the rematch, cause I think he is better then he shown last week. But pascal earned the win.

These are the type of fights that light fire under your ass. I think Dawson comes back a lot more aggressive. When Dawson came at Pascal with more than two punches, Pascal turtles up... His defense is shit too boot. Uppercuts get through, body shots, even jabs from time to time. Pascal really isn't that great.

Pascal fights like a football player. He'll have three bursts of offense in each round and try to steal rounds with flurries at the end. It's really a shitty style of fighting. It might get the job done, but don't expect people respect it. And it's still a style that can be exploited. Glen Johnson and Cloud would have stopped Pascal last week. I am that confident in saying that.

These are the type of fights that light fire under your ass. I think Dawson comes back a lot more aggressive. When Dawson came at Pascal with more than two punches, Pascal turtles up... His defense is shit too boot. Uppercuts get through, body shots, even jabs from time to time. Pascal really isn't that great.

Pascal fights like a football player. He'll have three bursts of offense in each round and try to steal rounds with flurries at the end. It's really a shitty style of fighting. It might get the job done, but don't expect people respect it. And it's still a style that can be exploited. Glen Johnson and Cloud would have stopped Pascal last week. I am that confident in saying that.

I totally agree, Dawson will be better after this loss, and yeah Cloud and Johnson would have walked him down and finished him.

That was a quick as show. He look sharp. That left hand and uppercut look sharp. Sharp as hell he looked.

A little quick , but Lee had no business being in that ring.

Back