WNBA players make more then UFC fighters

The WNBA would go insolvent in one season if not for the NBA propping it up. If left on it's own, the WNBA wouldn't be able to pay jack squat.

The WNBA has never made money as a whole, half the teams didn't turn a profit as of 2016 - and I doubt that will ever change.

I don’t know man. I heard theWNBA will be killin it next season with the new gogirl female urination device sponsor they signed.

upload_2019-8-13_15-45-45.jpeg

But do they get these?

maxresdefault.jpg

I feel your post should be at bus stops across America to encourage kids NOT to pursue a career in cage-fighting.

Perry’s nose died Saturday in a foreign country for one of those bad boys.

The UFC underpays their fighters. The current show/win is $12/$12 and the base Reebok is $3,500. The show/win should be $24/$24 and Reebok base $10,000.

A UFC fighter who fights 2 or 3 times a year and has an agent that can get them some sponsors outside the cage should be able to pull down $150K a year.

Out of the UFC's roster of 600 people, at least 300 are probably broke and living paycheck to paycheck with less than $10K in the bank. That's absurd for a pro athlete of a multi billion dollar company. The UFC should also up their bonuses from $50K to $100K.

You cant use median income in the fight business most guys dont make much until they are known. Also many fighters fight once in a year...

LOL, are you serious? The highest paid wnba player made like 100K. There are a 100-200 UFC fighters that make more than that easily. You got guys making millions a year and over a 100k a fight.
Somebody doesnt know what median means....

Though. To compare players being employed by a team to the UFC contractors is retarded. A guy going 0-1 and then cut is still gonna affect that median. The best solution would be the ufc actually getting some real competition.......

Some MMA fans have such inferiority complexes.

Somebody doesnt know what median means....

Though. To compare players being employed by a team to the UFC contractors is retarded. A guy going 0-1 and then cut is still gonna affect that median. The best solution would be the ufc actually getting some real competition.......

I very well understand what it is but I just ignored it, the point I am making is that the median is not relevant to the topic here. It's just a stupid argument that TS put together to try and say the WNBA pays better lol.

The highest paid WNBA player makes a $110,000 a year, avg salary is $71,000, which means they're salaries range $50,000 to $90,000. Like you said, you got a bunch of guy at 0-1 making peanuts affected the scale. The salary range in the UFC is from $12,000 to millions. If you take active UFC fighters who have 3 fights a year and ranked fighters that "median" increases drastically. Take a guy like Charles Olivera, ranked 12th at LW, never a title contender.....in two fights this year he's made $480,000.

And you know that median income includes Connor making 3 million so it’s less for most fighters
you dont understand math do you? connor's 3M doesnt affect MEDIAN the way you are thinking... you are thinking of MEAN, because median is not affected by weight of the extreme numerical values at top and bottom of scale.

you can have the number $3 million (connor), $2 (bench warmer fighter) and $1 (worse bench warmer fighter)..... in that data set the median would be $2 .... see how connor's $3M didnt help the median? :)

with that same data set the MEAN would be 1,000,001

this is why people that dont understand math shouldnt be talking about finances

you dont understand math do you? connor's 3M doesnt affect MEDIAN the way you are thinking... you are thinking of MEAN, because median is not affected by weight of the extreme numerical values at top and bottom of scale.

you can have the number $3 million (connor), $2 (bench warmer fighter) and $1 (worse bench warmer fighter)..... in that data set the median would be $2 .... see how connor's $3M didnt help the median? :)

with that same data set the MEAN would be 1,000,001

this is why people that dont understand math shouldnt be talking about finances
It was a obvious joke. Thanks for the explanation though. Lol.

Believe it or not every thread somehow becomes a thread on Connor around here.

Mma would be paid more if it had a bigger brother like boxing or so helping it with cash.

Wnba has nba. If it didn't help the woman's sport wouldn't exist

WNBA players are much higher level athletes so it makes sense

giphy.gif

2i-AXT7-yGTb028pcDHk2k62B8dclCVcQODYg1q9OOk.gif

The best wnba players get paid north of a million per season to play overseas

The WNBA would go insolvent in one season if not for the NBA propping it up. If left on it's own, the WNBA wouldn't be able to pay jack squat.

The WNBA has never made money as a whole, half the teams didn't turn a profit as of 2016 - and I doubt that will ever change.
They should just disband the league

Unless everyone plays in a bikini

LOL, are you serious? The highest paid wnba player made like 100K. There are a 100-200 UFC fighters that make more than that easily. You got guys making millions a year and over a 100k a fight.
Put the pipe down

There are 30-35 guys making near that much in the ufc

Back