WMMA if Ronda left

Clippy

Good Times
@plutonium
Reaction score
What would happen if she just ... quit.

I sincerely think this would be a good thing. She's too far above everyone's level. I think championship fights would be more competetive and things would actually be more interesting.

Thoughts?

Not to discredit Ronda, she's awasome and that's the problem .. she needs to get worse for WMMA to get better.

Maybe to level the playing field she could stop training or something.

It would obviously be done forever then.:)

Some "fans" would stay, some fans would stop watching the UFC . I'm sure just like when Lesnar left the UFC

It's no different than Anderson, Jon Jones, GSP, Aldo, RDA who went undefeated for YEARS and YEARS in the UFC. They were a level above their competition, they destroyed their divisions.

Ronda is no different, she is a dominant champion who is a level above her competition.

The same thing would happen to her division if she left that happened when Jon Jones and GSP left, their divisions become more competitive

A BW division with Zingano, Meisha, Nunes, Holm, McMann, David and Kaufman would be very competitive with each other.

It's no different than Anderson, Jon Jones, GSP, Aldo, RDA who went undefeated for YEARS and YEARS in the UFC. They were a level above their competition, they destroyed their divisions.

Greetings time traveler, does RDA beat Khabib in their rematch or does it never happen due to injuries ruining Khabib's career?

Life will go on, some new girl will explode in popularity, probably Paige Vanzant, people on Sherdog's butthurt will rage on forever.

If she would leave right now, I guess Nunes and Tate would battle out the top position. Plus, UFC would probably try to push Joanna Jedrzejczyk and especially Paige VanZant publicity-wise to make them more famous.

But I think the far more interesting question is, what will happen in three years, when she is still unbeaten and is going to retire? Tate and Zingano will be beyond their peak and Nunes will be 30 yoa. UFC should really step up NOW and get more young talent into the pool. Even if that means that their first couple of fights will lack technique.

Another thing I thought of recently was to re-open Strikeforce as a "farm-league" sort of like what NXT is or OVW was for WWE. A league for up and coming MMA fighters to fight in weekly or monthly (depending on the roster) televised events. Don't know if this is such a good idea, but why not? Maybe even set up a training facility like WWE did.

BTW: After reading her mother's comments and if it's true who she is dating recently, her downfall might not be that far away, I'm afraid. I really hope this stuff won't fuck her career or her personal life up.

Ronda is no different, she is a dominant champion who is a level above her competition.

The same thing would happen to her division if she left that happened when Jon Jones and GSP left, their divisions become more competitive

A BW division with Zingano, Meisha, Nunes, Holm, McMann, David and Kaufman would be very competitive with each other.

I think there is a difference. Most of these champions were fun to watch. Sure there was some crappy Anderson fights and GSP jab fests ... but not 20 second crappy quick finishes against fighters who looked like they had NOTHING to offer.

Last edited:
I think there is a difference. Most of these champions were fun to watch. Sure there was some crappy Anderson fights and GSP jab fests ... but not 20 second crappy quick finishes against fighters who looked like they had NOTHING to offer.

Man, you must hate those classic Tyson fights.

It would DIE

so leave Ronda.

wait rda went undefeated for years i didn't know could of swore that he lost last year

RDA who went undefeated for YEARS and YEARS in the UFC. They were a level above their competition, they destroyed their divisions.:eek:

It would be a bad thing for everyone if she quit today.

For the UFC it would be bad because without Ronda, they lose one of their top 2 biggest ppv draws. Ronda can generate close to a million buys while having the worst of the worst undercards, not even Brock was doing that.

For fans of WMMA
, the entire W135lb would fall into the same level of obscurity as the male flyweight division. Very few people would care about any of the fighters in that division, and the majority of their fights would likely get relegated to the prelims as fodder, just like flyweight fights usually are. Ronda may be far and away the biggest star, but she still brings tons of attention to the rest of the division, similar to how the featherweight has gotten so much more attention in the last year, because of Conor McGregor.

For the fighters, it would be terrible. Cyborg never comes to the UFC and likely loses her contract that she has with zuffa that allows her to be paid so much in Invicta. Meisha, or whoever wins the title after Ronda leaves would be heavily criticized as a paper champion, and due to the roll back in exposure the division will have to deal with, she'll likely be on par with mighty mouse in popularity at best. Unless you're a woman that posses natural charisma, sex appeal, and a fighting style that appeals to casuals, good luck getting exposure.

For casuals, they lose because they lose their only investment in watching the UFC. Super stars like Ronda are needed to get eyes on the sport from people who are outside of the combat sports bubble, and hopefully convert some of those people from being just Ronda Fans, to UFC fans in general. The more often she fights, the better chance those casuals stick around if they become interested in the fighters competing under her. The UFC has wasted her last two ppvs with crap under cards, so I don't think too many of her fans will stick if she left today.

She already left..nobody seems to want to believe it

She already left..nobody seems to want to believe it

I know she's not coming back and I been saying it

You guys can't handle how right I was

Back