WMMA Did Great At UFC 228 !

there will always be haters of wmma, especially on sherdog. as much as some may have warmed up to the wmma due to the great showing they put on at 228, the next wmma stinker will revert everything back.

Those three fights demonstrated why I love womens mma. Regardless of technical ability, skill, punching power, whatever, what 95% of the girls do is go for it from the minute the bell rings.

Too many mens fights are a feeling out process, holding back waiting for opponents to make mistakes.

The girls, bell rings, fuck it, full steam ahead.

there are of course exceptions, glad to see Danielle Taylor get cut, Herrig/Casey-Sanchez was two fighters both too scared to make mistake - but on the whole, women go for it.

Valentina Shevchenko will be on the Helwani show today. I'll put up a thread in a little bit.

If you are still hating on WMMA after 228 you need to re-evaluate whether you're really a fan of the sport, or of sweaty dudes grinding on one another.

It's still pretty shitty though.

Yup I've been saying this on all of the threads hating on 228. These girls cannot be in boring fights, especially with the perfect style match ups to have showcase fights.

Suarez gets former champ Carla Esparza, who is a wrestle/boxer. Carlas hands aren't hurting anyone, and Tatiana is a better, bigger wrestler. Expect some slick wrestling from Tatiana, and a mid fight sub for Suarez.

Jessica "She Lineker" Andrade draws former title challenger Karolina Kowalkiewicz. KK is a surprisingly good fighter, strong Muay Thai, and high output. KK is a technician, but doesn't have enough power to hurt Andrade. Andrade will get in the pocket and unload on KK. Expect an early finish for Andrade, either TKO/Sub.

Jsing

I don't watch the WMMA fights either. I'm not interested in the slightest. I have no interest in seeing masculine females fight. Its not everyone's cup of tea, there's nothing wrong with it just like there's nothing wrong with people who do like it.

It's preference.

The difference is that people who don't like it feel the need to litter the threads of people who like it.

Last edited:
Back