WMMA Bantamweight 2015

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Karakal, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Karakal

Karakal Yellow Belt

2015 is already starting out to be exciting with Miesha vs Sara, Ronda vs Cat and Holm's debut.

I really don't know who will win between Miesha and Sara but I see it going to a decision and it could go either way. People underestimate Miesha and overestimate Sara. Miesha is somehow always the underdog even tho she dominates most of the fights, might be due to her looks and style. Mcmann is feared due to her Olympic status and muscular build, however she is not a great MMA fighter yet and her wrestling can only take her so far. Her punches look really powerful, but they do not have the knockout power, just watch her fight with Raquel Pa'aluhi. I wouldn't be surprised if Miesha wins this fight, I also wouldn't be surprised if Mcmann grinds out a decision by overpowering her.

As for Ronda vs Cat, this is going to be an intense fight and I see it being the fight of the night. This fight will not end in a decision and I have a feeling Cat is going to make Ronda bleed before being submitted. After this fight, Ronda will no longer look invincible and if she does, I am going to be impressed.

I see Holm outclassing Pennington, we may not get a KO but I see her winning this fight. Any take down offense by Rocky will likely be stuffed. Holm has not been tested on the ground and I doubt she is anything flashy, but just cause people haven't seen much of it, doesn't mean she is that bad. She has been training with Jon Jones and many other big names at Jackson's-Winkeljohn's and they don't just box.
    As for her next opponent, Germaine de Randamie may not be the best person to test Holm's wrestling but it would be a heck of a fight.

Rin Nakai vs Jessica Andrade needs to happen!

Larissa Pacheco vs Julianna Pena would be amazing! They are both ready around March.

Speaking of March, that is the date Correia wants to get back and she was called out by Kaufman, if this happens, Correia can kiss goodbye a title fight. Unless the UFC wants her to get smashed by Rowdy in which case they don't give her another top 10 opponent.

Lauren Murphy vs Liz Carmouche would be an entertaining fight IMO

Shayna Bazsler vs Ashlee Evans-Smith sounds like a good match-up too

Win or lose, Miesha Tate needs to fight Alexis Davis next, this fight is way overdue, those two fought every veteran except for each other. But Miesha could face Jessica Eye.

Alexis Dufresne, Jessamyn Duke and Sarah Moras should be cut this year, making way for new talents such as Tonya Evinger and Pannie "banzai" Kianzad.

This year is going to be an exciting one for the ladies. Specially the 115 pound division, which I will discuss about soon.

Give me your opinions peeps, have I missed out on a great fight that might happen? How do you think my match making will play out in terms of who wins and if those fights are even reasonable. Any other new bantamweight prospects that might sign up to the UFC this year? Do you think Nakamoto will change her mind and give octagon a try? Who will be the rising star of 2015? Who will lose their status this year? Lets have a respectable conversation

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  2. melvinj0

melvinj0 Gold Belt

Outside of ROusey Vs Holm, I don't have much interest in the division.

The 115 women's division has already proven to be more exciting and more filled with legit talent.

I think Rousey will be a full time actress but 2016, and the division may possibly die off.

3. Charlestonboy

Charlestonboy Blue Belt

Hopefully Holm turns out to be the real deal otherwise it's gonna be a year of boring titleshots.

4. Handawg

Handawg Brown Belt

Lauren Murphy vs Liz Carmouche ?

Fuck the melatonin just pop this shit on and i'm out like a light.

5. Better Every Day

Better Every Day Jo Jo Calderwood avatar Platinum Member

Shouldn't one wait until Sara Moras actually loses a fight in the UFC before talking of cutting her?

6. Handawg

Handawg Brown Belt

Evinger also got smashed up by Pennington to get into TUF 18.

7. Nihongi

Nihongi Black Belt

I kind of raised an eye when he saw NEW talent like Tonya Evinger

8. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Ice & Fire belt

Robbery of the year vs Dufresne, who looked awful in her last fight.

9. Better Every Day

Better Every Day Jo Jo Calderwood avatar Platinum Member

I initially thought that Holm should be a clear favorite against Pennington, but I'm not at all sure of this now.

I watched a highlights video of Holm recently, and I got the impression from that that Holm has not had strong opponents so far. Checking her opponents' records only reinforced that impression. I think Pennington will definitely be the strongest by far that Holm has faced to date. Pennington herself, on the other hand, has fought very strong opponents in the past, and has those experiences to help prepare her.

10. Karakal

Karakal Yellow Belt

I agree and yes she should, but I mentioned her cause I don't believe she belongs in the UFC. Yea she made it through TUF but that doesn't mean anything as they could be facing a shit challenger. Either way I am sure she will eventually be cut later this year or next.

11. Karakal

Karakal Yellow Belt

Yea look I don't think Evinger is all that good, but she is definitely have some great matches, plus I said that cause she was selected as one of the fastest rising womens bamtamweight 2014. If she wins the invicta belt this year, she might be offered to fight in UFC. If not, im not too fussed. It's not like she will ever make it to top 10 IMO.

Speaking of talent, I forgot to mention Irene Aldana. I really hope she joins the UFC, she is a badass!

12. Karakal

Karakal Yellow Belt

13. Karakal

Karakal Yellow Belt

I think Rousey will be a full time actress but 2016, and the division may possibly die off.[/QUOTE]

Womens Bamtamweight division is here to stay bro. With or without Rousey, people need to understand it. I know Rousey is making it sound like she is the sole reason but there is more talent. Zingano had 2 amazing fights that was better than any of Rouseys fights in the UFC so far. Nunes also brought excitement. Wait till you see the returns of Larissa who is only 20 yrs old. Holly Holm is another one ppl are excited for. Yea they might not have names that are as big as Rousey to draw in the crowd atm but it doesn't mean it will all be dust once she leaves.

14. Marianne

Marianne Green Belt

Exactly this. Correia isn't gonna do well against Davis, Tate, Kaufman, Murphy etc. Also, Rousey has a history of getting matches against specific opponents she wants to fight and now she has even more leverage to do so. I see her cutting ahead of Kaufman in the line again, this time to smash Correia (not that Sarah wouldn't)

15. Karakal

Karakal Yellow Belt

That's right. Kaufman would definitely put Correia away, but unfortunately this is the UFC where average fighters with big mouths push in front of women who are superior. Bethe built her name just by putting fingers down, I would call her smart but its so simple and anyone could have thought of that.

Either way I am looking forward to getting rid of the fake Bethe hype that they are trying to create.

16. grndzro

grndzro Green Belt

Thread failed as soon as I read Cat will beat the crap out of Rousey before losing....

I'm sorry. There is no female fighter on the planet with a more single minded devotion to winning than Rousey. She trains harder, pays more attention to nutrition, has better natural talent, and is meaner than any other contender. She will never lose a match.......ever.

17. Hespect Housey**

Hespect Housey** Green Belt

Ariel Helwani's shoe box on weekdays; Fallon Fox's
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6/6
    Grade: Hespect

18. Karakal

Karakal Yellow Belt

Are you being serious? She won 10 fights and you are already sure she will beat every woman on the planet. And well done for u quoting her about trains harder than everyone else. Just because she believes she trains harder than anyone else that doesn't mean people should believe her. I guess you are a fan boy. And please show me where I said Cat will beat the crap out of Rousey before losing, I said she will make her bleed. I hope you return to this discussion after the fight and give me a post fight discussion.

There has been many MMA fighters who have plowed through 10 people, thats not an indication of a worlds toughest fighter. Next time, please don't quote her words, it doesn't strengthen your argument. ;)

19. loisestrad

loisestrad Gold Belt Platinum Member

That's true. But there hasn't been many MMA fighters who have plowed through 10 people as highly ranked as Rouseys opponents, in fact not any.

Yeah, I know - the talent pool in wmma and the division(s) can't compare to that of the mens.

20. Karakal

Karakal Yellow Belt

Look I respect Rousey as a figher (without being a fanboy) and I think she has done great for the WMMA, however we all know she has not been tested. Most her fights were quick armbars, one was an early stopage (Sara Mcmann) and one was an impressive KO (Davis). She is physically a gifted and talented girl but ppl have to understand it is being exaggerated to hype her up. I mean its great to promote WMMA but its creating an unrealistic picture of Ronda's capabilities. Shes just a human yo, anyone is defeat-able, plus what no one takes into account is how unpredictable an MMA fight can be. A woman who is weaker and less skilled could end up winning cause of a perfect punch. But even when talking about other undefeated fighters potentially hurting her, Ronda fans just rage and disagree... its like dude... chillax... shes just a human and anything is possible.