WME's conflict of interest pre 207 codling of Rousey will be used as evidence against them in court

so, in your mind, moving up a weightclass to fight the champion there after you just laid waste to your own division is 'special treatment'?

ive said it a thousand times, but if youre salty about the two nate fights then blame RDA

He didn't kill the entire division before moving up. That's glorified bullshit to make him and his accomplishments bigger. Understandable by him to push that angle, of course, but it doesn't make it the truth.
I'm not salty about anything. I explained that he also got his fair share of special treatment and favoritism. How anybody can even deny that is beyond me.

They bought the company. They can do whatever the fuck they want with it.

You understand what ownership is right?

He didn't kill the entire division before moving up. That's glorified bullshit to make him and his accomplishments bigger. Understandable by him to push that angle, of course, but it doesn't make it the truth.
I'm not salty about anything. I explained that he also got his fair share of special treatment and favoritism. How anybody can even deny that is beyond me.
oh? who else should he have beat??????

oh? who else should he have beat??????

In my opinion he should have rematched Aldo immediately. Especially considering the rematch mania the UFC have put out for the last years.
Holloway was also in line and Frankie Edgar was there. Doesn't really matter who - he never defended the belt and was given the chance for the 155 belt against RDA before he pulled out = favoritism and special treatment. When RDA pulled out he got to play around in two pointless money fights at 170lbs instead of defending his belt at 145 = favoritism and special treatment.
And finally he got his fight vs Alvarez for the 155lbs belt and won it, fair and square. The UFC gave him the chance to become a two division champion = favoritism and special treatment.

See where I'm going?

No he isn't. He get his stuff, because he's earned his stuff from being a proven commodity. If Conor couldn't sell, he'd be irrelevant to the UFC. Ronda gets her stuff because Dana prefers her.

Ronda's friends with Dana. Conor is not. That's the difference, and it's visibly shown in just about every interview and action taken by Dana.

Ronda is also a proven Commodity. Just look at her PPV numbers.

UFC 193 Rousey vs Holm 1,100,000
UFC 190 Rousey vs Correia 900,000
UFC 184 Rousey vs Zingano 600,000

She's also a bigger star outside of MMA and has more mainstream appeal. She's an asset just like Conor is. Plus Ronda has been talking about retiring, so I think they will be a little quicker to cave to her demands.

so, in your mind, moving up a weightclass to fight the champion there after you just laid waste to your own division is 'special treatment'?

ive said it a thousand times, but if youre salty about the two nate fights then blame RDA

He shouldn't have been able to fight for two titles in the first place. Aldo wanted to do the exact same thing a few years ago and was denied. The UFC broke their own rules for Conor's sake.

I get you meant to write "coddling", but I keep reading that as "coding" and keep thinking you think Rousey is a robot.

No he isn't. He get his stuff, because he's earned his stuff from being a proven commodity. If Conor couldn't sell, he'd be irrelevant to the UFC. Ronda gets her stuff because Dana prefers her.

Ronda's friends with Dana. Conor is not. That's the difference, and it's visibly shown in just about every interview and action taken by Dana.
God damn this guy is blinded by the swollen colon

UFC's always been an organization based off favoritism. 207 doesn't even have one press conference, and Conor gets pulled off 200 for not being able to make half a media week.

Same fancies for the Iceman.
They have nothing to do with each other. Zuffa owned UFC leading uptown and during UFC 200. They were prepping for a sale so they have to do what's called clean order packaging. Now that WME-ING owns UFC things can become more relaxed. Besides not sure if you recall Zuffa doing the same, but worse to Nick Diaz for no showing media events when he was to face GSP. He got pulled entirely and replaced with Condit. All they did with Connie was postpone the fight a few events. Try to look at all factors surrounding the situation.

I think it's very ikely that Ronda told them ahead of time that she'd only fight if she didn't have to do the media... & she probably said that she waz fine with not doing it at all... & so the UFC agreed & booked it.

If that's true, then other fighters would need to work thingz out ahead of time or face the consequences. They would also need to have the draw power that Ronda haz in order to pull off such a negotiation.... but there'z only a handful of people in the Gold Club that can produce those kinds of numberz... so most UFC fighters wouldn't be able to pull it off.

No doubt the 207 Ronda treatment will be thrown up in the UFC'z facez every time someone missez a presser or is forced to go to one.

All this talk aside... it's certainly going to be an on-going battle on Sherdog for yearz to come! haha....

I think it's very ikely that Ronda told them ahead of time that she'd only fight if she didn't have to do the media... & she probably said that she waz fine with not doing it at all... & so the UFC agreed & booked it.

If that's true, then other fighters would need to work thingz out ahead of time or face the consequences. They would also need to have the draw power that Ronda haz in order to pull off such a negotiation.... but there'z only a handful of people in the Gold Club that can produce those kinds of numberz... so most UFC fighters wouldn't be able to pull it off.

Exclusive club for sure.

people laugh, but all these things can add up.

my uncle's next door neighbour was a lawyer, and he always said that these kinds of things add up.

Example of conor getting special treatment,
1. Being allowed to fight RDA for the LW title having 0 fights at the weight.
2. Being allowed to rematch Nate at 170 after the tap show. Typically you don't call the shots off a loss.
3. UFC offering to build him a training centre to spec of his home gym for a useless rematch.
4. Being allowed to fight Alvarez for the LW belt still having 0 fights at the weight.
5. Being allowed to continually pick fights while not even considering defending the FW belt.

There are more, but these are the main ones. Like never being put in line for publicly calling Lorenzo his partner, and if you say he is, then you agree there would be tons of special treatment.
To say Conor doesn't get special treatment is to simply be in denial.

1. Being allowed to fight RDA for the LW title having 0 fights at the weight.
2. Being allowed to rematch Nate at 170 after the tap show. Typically you don't call the shots off a loss.
3. UFC offering to build him a training centre to spec of his home gym for a useless rematch.
4. Being allowed to fight Alvarez for the LW belt still having 0 fights at the weight.
5. Being allowed to continually pick fights while not even considering defending the FW belt.

There are more, but these are the main ones. Like never being put in line for publicly calling Lorenzo his partner, and if you say he is, then you agree there would be tons of special treatment.
To say Conor doesn't get special treatment is to simply be in denial.

I think that he was put in line for that one when he got pulled from UFC 200 then acted like he was still on the card

When you sell an asset for in excess of $4 billion, it is pretty obvious to everyone this is a business first... This is not a knock on the UFC, Dana, Ronda or Conor... the fact of the matter is that without notable competition in MMA, the UFC will be able to act in whatever manner they wish because the fans don't have an alternative.

Both Conor and Ronda sell... Ronda has pretty much single-handedly (albeit some initial groundwork from Gina), put WMMA on the map... and brought an entirely new fan base with women... sure, not all women are fans of Ronda, but it would be hard to argue that against the fact her rise corresponded almost perfectly with a dramatic increase in female viewership.

I don't know if everyone remembers, but back in the day, women who enjoyed MMA were the outliers not the norm... now, it is common to see 30% or 40% females at a bar watching a PPV... So, if I am Dana, I am going to protect that asset, because I don't want to jeopardize it; if I am WME, I need that asset to help me earn back some of that $4 billion...

Conor is one of those rare, generational personalities that has huge global appeal. Fans watch Mcgregor fight because it is an event, not just a fight. He is a good fighter (perhaps great), who is as entertaining inside the ring and as he is out of it (perhaps more so). Conor will help to continue to grow the sport, so of course they are going to protect, and promote him... this is where the balance between sport and business will get very tricky... Conor has to perform, or his brand will lose its luster... but no one can deny that so far, he has performed.

Here's the kicker, the UFC will continue to protect, cater to, or (as has been stated) show favoritism to their best-producing assets... that is good business.. and it will remain largely unfair to the bulk of the fighters on the roster until there is either some form of fighters union, or legitimate competition that unseats the UFC's monopoly, and likely even after.

They have nothing to do with each other. Zuffa owned UFC leading uptown and during UFC 200. They were prepping for a sale so they have to do what's called clean order packaging. Now that WME-ING owns UFC things can become more relaxed. Besides not sure if you recall Zuffa doing the same, but worse to Nick Diaz for no showing media events when he was to face GSP. He got pulled entirely and replaced with Condit. All they did with Connie was postpone the fight a few events. Try to look at all factors surrounding the situation.

He got pulled off too dumb ass. The fight against Nate wasn't a title fight either. There was no spot to lose.

Ronda is also a proven Commodity. Just look at her PPV numbers.

UFC 193 Rousey vs Holm 1,100,000
UFC 190 Rousey vs Correia 900,000
UFC 184 Rousey vs Zingano 600,000

She's also a bigger star outside of MMA and has more mainstream appeal. She's an asset just like Conor is. Plus Ronda has been talking about retiring, so I think they will be a little quicker to cave to her demands.

Lol so has Conor and WITH BIGGER NUMBERS. You idiots are so stupid. Ronda is where she is at because Dana liked her. Conor is where he is at because he is entertaining.

Stop it. Preferential treatment goes beyond ostensible friendship and non-friendship. McGregor wouldn't be irrelevant if he still had his personality but didnt quite knock people out with the regularity he does.

The reason they've both been able to climb is because of the prominence of their win streaks and personalities. That's it. No matter what Dana pre-planned he still let McG avoid the 145 title for a long while.

Lol what personality does Ronda have are you stupid???

Dana chose to run with Ronda cause he liked her and she turned into a delusional feminist icon.

Period. End of story.

Lol so has Conor and WITH BIGGER NUMBERS. You idiots are so stupid. Ronda is where she is at because Dana liked her. Conor is where he is at because he is entertaining.

Yeah he has bigger PPV numbers, but Ronda's aren't to shabby either. She out draws anybody else that is on the roster. Ronda is also reaching different markets and is very good for the UFC's business.

Ronda was in movies, on a ton of talk shows and commercials, and bringing the topic of MMA onto shows like Ellen and The View.

Conor has sold more PPV's, but he's not even close to touching what Ronda has as far as having a cross over appeal.

She earned all of this by winning her fights and Marketing herself correctly. WME is a Hollywood entertainment company and sees her as a good investment, because she has the ability to reach different markets. I'm sure Dana has influence, but at the end of the day this has nothing to do with him.

Back