WME-IMG's first great idea?

Jermei

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dana White says that new UFC owner Ari "Get The Fuck Out" Gold got the UFC 206 ppv on Fox. The PPV was on Christmas eve and apparently did very well in the ratings. 5 million viewers. Also said airing a PPV every Chrismas Eve is expected to become a tradition.

Dana had a great idea, but because its Ari Emanuel making these deals it sounds like Fox will just do it because he's that guy who gets what he wants because everyone wants to work with him to get ahead financially... its only one idea for one day of the year but I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC on Christmas Eve is still a thing 20-30 years from now...

Skip to 11:40

giphy.gif

Great way to celebrate love and compassion to our fellow human beings, watching some cunts get beaten up. Fa la la la la la la la la

Firing Mike Goldberg was

the best move so far.

These scrums should be titled: 'Watch DANA lie his ass off & believe his own BS scrum'

I had a casual ask me if I'm watching "the fights"
I even came downstairs and turned on the TV to make sure that I wasn't missing anything

Why not just replay the ppv a couple of weeks after for all of them?

It only did well because it had the NFL as its lead-in. When the NFL isn't airing games on Christmas Eve, you can expect more average/shitty ratings.

It only did well because it had the NFL as its lead-in. When the NFL isn't airing games on Christmas Eve, you can expect more average/shitty ratings.

No doubt. For sure it helped but it's still a good spot to take for the UFC to play one free PPV every year.

Back