Wladimir Klitsschko vs Cody Koch

TheRatman

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I was just looking around a came across this fight.

Wladimir 18-0 vs Cody Koch 25-1

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks Paul, thats messed up, I was wondering why it was his last fight, the one to Wladimir on boxrec, he seemed young. The videos are of his fight with wlad, Wlad was a still a beast back then.

What is surprising is how light and quick Wlad move around the ring. Hard to believe thats a 6'6 200 and something pound man moving like that.So smooth.

Last edited:
I Remember watching koch in the toughman competions. He was a very exciting fighter with huge knockouts. He came in right after butterbean left, and was their best figher for a while.

i don't beleive charges were ever brought in the case.

I used to watch Cody during the old Tuesday Night Fights on USA back in high school and college. He was trying to distance himself from his toughman days and looked pretty decent. Strong southpaw that could go the distance. I saw a fight between he and Ed Mahone when Ed still had a 100% KO record and worked the body very very well for a heavyweight.

Cody was outboxing Ed, but ended up losing. He claimed he was hit low, but the ref disagreed and he lost by TKO.

When he died he was scheduled for a rematch with Mahone, but obviously it didn't happen.

If I remember the reports, he was kicked out of a bar by more than one bouncer and was choked unconscience...and later died of his injuries. I think the poster above is correct that no charges were filed, but not sure why.

I used to watch Cody during the old Tuesday Night Fights on USA back in high school and college. He was trying to distance himself from his toughman days and looked pretty decent. Strong southpaw that could go the distance. I saw a fight between he and Ed Mahone when Ed still had a 100% KO record and worked the body very very well for a heavyweight.

Cody was outboxing Ed, but ended up losing. He claimed he was hit low, but the ref disagreed and he lost by TKO.

When he died he was scheduled for a rematch with Mahone, but obviously it didn't happen.

If I remember the reports, he was kicked out of a bar by more than one bouncer and was choked unconscience...and later died of his injuries. I think the poster above is correct that no charges were filed, but not sure why.

That's a shame.
The report says there were 6 bouncers.
If 6 bouncers can't control one man without having to kill him.... then there's something wrong.

All you have to do is push the man away and call the cops if it's that bad.

Imagine being the father who lost his son in such a needless way, to have no closure on it.
What a nightmare to have to live through.
All because some bouncers needed to show how tough they were.

For coming from ToughMan competition.... he doesn't look bad in that video at all.
Good movement, tough chin (he's taking Wlad's punches pretty dang well).

Back