Wladimir Klitschko, the champion we need

Hes a true sportsman

This is the key.

In america the people who do boxing are the criminal thugs who otherwise would have fought on the streets anyway. They claim to have been saved by the boxing gym, but their true personalities always threaten to break through. And professional boxing is just seen as a violent spectacle by most.

In russia boxing is considered a true sport and then you get true sportsmen like the Klitschkos participating. The Klitschkos would never have done boxing if they had been born in america.

I would be upset about wlad if he did hold his opponent to a boring ass decision but he actually finishes fights. Not all his fights are eye candy but c'mon now.

I don't think I said he didn't go for a ko.. I simply said he gains an unfair advantage. I mean, a lot of guys good up their ko ratio if they weakened their opponent with an illegal tactic first.. even more if they both weakened the opponent with the illegal tactic, and had all the opponents hard work erased every time he got close.

Total fights 67
Wins 64
Wins by KO 53

NOT BAD.

The status quo punishment for clinching and holding is taking away a point every few rounds. Klitschko realized that if he wins the vast majority of rounds the penalty will make no difference. He adapted to the rules in a way that anyone could have, no different from Floyd landing a few clean jabs and simply evading the rest of the fight.

Also, he only clinches against certain styles of fighters. For most fights he throws hard crisp shots and KOs his opponent.

The status quo punishment for clinching and holding is taking away a point every few rounds. Klitschko realized that if he wins the vast majority of rounds the penalty will make no difference. He adapted to the rules in a way that anyone could have, no different from Floyd landing a few clean jabs and simply evading the rest of the fight.

Also, he only clinches against certain styles of fighters. For most fights he throws hard crisp shots and KOs his opponent.

Well.. I could headbutt somebody and cause a cut.. take my point deduction .. and enjoy the advantage for the rest of the fight, but nobody would be supporting me for it.. I choose not to support Wlad and his abuse of the rules and the chumps that are supposed to be upholding them..

I hate Tyson Fury, but I hope he beats Wlad and erases him from the significant portion of the history books...

I hate Tyson Fury, but I hope he beats Wlad and erases him from the significant portion of the history books...

Too late...he is going to stand out real clearly in those history books. After Tyson, Lennox will be remembered, and then the Klitschkos, but not much anybody else. Heavyweight boxing 2000-2015 (and probably 2020 as well...) will be Wladimir Klitschko when looking back.

I don't think I said he didn't go for a ko.. I simply said he gains an unfair advantage. I mean, a lot of guys good up their ko ratio if they weakened their opponent with an illegal tactic first.. even more if they both weakened the opponent with the illegal tactic, and had all the opponents hard work erased every time he got close.

C'mon...

Well.. I could headbutt somebody and cause a cut.. take my point deduction .. and enjoy the advantage for the rest of the fight, but nobody would be supporting me for it.. I choose not to support Wlad and his abuse of the rules and the chumps that are supposed to be upholding them..

Ah, so you are just a hater, now it makes sense.

Ah, so you are just a hater, now it makes sense.

Yes.. a hater of people that abuse holding to gain an unfair advantage. The fact is, we saw Wlad before he learned how to cheat properly.. he was a jelly legged fella that went even with guys like Samuel Peters.. He wasn't just getting caught like Lennox..he was going even with guys that didn't belong in the same ring.. fast forward to the Manny Steward era, and thats not a prob.. he used the same tactics that saw bum Valuev go unbeatin for a long time.. grab people when they get clase..lay your weight on them until the ref pushes them away from you.. work..repeat when they get close again..

His last fight..deducted a point... Maybe you should actually watch his fights before you get all sensative in his defense..just a thought

1 fucking point in how many fights???

really?

i don't really watch him that much, because i'm not a fan of his style

was that the guy he knocked out with a left hook?

Too late...he is going to stand out real clearly in those history books. After Tyson, Lennox will be remembered, and then the Klitschkos, but not much anybody else. Heavyweight boxing 2000-2015 (and probably 2020 as well...) will be Wladimir Klitschko when looking back.

Did the whole 90s era other than Lennox Lewis not happen, or something? Holyfield, Bowe, and Vitali in the 00s will all be remembered as great HWs (along with many other very good HWs in probably the 2nd best era in HW history).

1 fucking point in how many fights???

really?

i don't really watch him that much, because i'm not a fan of his style

was that the guy he knocked out with a left hook?

No.. his cheating got checked so it went to a decision.. More and more, we are seeing Refs grow a back bone and stope this illegal tactic. Broner was also penalized in the Porter fight... it's a foul... it needs to be checked

just putting a disclaimer that the writing in the OP is my own and cannot be re-used without my permission. Normally I wouldn't do this but I noticed something a bit different this time.

just putting a disclaimer that the writing in the OP is my own and cannot be re-used without my permission. Normally I wouldn't do this but I noticed something a bit different this time.

Too late, Croz.

It's already making the rounds all over the internet thanks to yours truly.

Total fights 67
Wins 64
Wins by KO 53

NOT BAD.

I love Wlad, he is amazing as a boxer, and as a personality outside the ring. A freaking magician, doing fun shit all the time like saving sealife with hot, petite, blonde Hayden.

Even at 38, he is still taking on the best, and taking all contenders. We regard him as a weak era champ, but no one has been able to step up, beating all mandatories and top guys.

He is making 10 million plus a fight now... that is a pretty big prize per fight to pass on along with the belts.

If Fury or Wilder were top fight and win, especially by knock out, they would be making multi millions easily in their next fights.

well sir..you have the authority to be a minority.. Wlad's style typically puts people to sleep.. it is a minimalist style that uses illegal tactics and a size advantage to gain bunk victories

Other than the size advantage isn't this pretty much a description of Floyd?

Too late, Croz.

It's already making the rounds all over the internet thanks to yours truly.

I'm trying to find a proper home for this one. Figured I might as well try my hand at writing actual articles for a change.

Back