Wladimir Klitschko, the champion we need

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by ZroC, Aug 30, 2015.

1. ZroC

ZroC Silver Belt

edit:
    So I decided to actually make a blog and put this down as my first post in it. Going to have to edit out the second and third posts on this forum, click here if you want to see the rest. I'l be uploading more stuff there in the near future.
    http://theglitchking.sportsblog.com/posts/3749368/wladimir-klitschko--the-champion-we-need.html

You hate Wlad?

You want a Mike Tyson to save boxing?

Kim Duk-koo
    Mike Tyson
    Don King

Death
    Chaos
    Corruption

Imagine if that had carried over into the late 00s. Imagine the politically correct world of 05-15 with a second Mike Tyson running around. In a world were the medical industry hound our sport to the extent they will fabricate or twist evidence to suit their agenda to get it banned. Now imagine this same world with the Mike Tyson you always wanted. It would have been a field day for them. The second coming of Mike Tyson in this soft stroking climate would have seen the sport banned. You think Tyson was controversial in the 90s? Boxing would have been stripped down completely if stuff like happened in this period of time. We live in the land of the Diaz blurred middle fingers, a land where boxers have their mikes taken from them because they mention race on TV.

Following the death of Kim Duk-koo boxing was trimmed, it was shunned by media and medicine alike, but it was never taken away completely. It remained in the limelight but just reduced. It was trimmed, our tent was cut down to size. They were waiting, oh yes they were waiting for a Tyson to come along just so they could have an excuse to rip our tent limb from limb.

This is what they got. They got a dangerous man so they could point and prove to the world that this is a dangerous sport. And almost everyone lapped it up. The casuals got a freak show of knockouts and the promoters got a freak show of promotion. They knew with the death of Kim their options were becoming limited, so they embraced the freak show. This is when boxing changed. This is when boxing went on the freak show life support. It's a little known secret that the hardcore fans of the Tyson era didn't care for him. This is because they knew what was coming, the promoters were turning him into the honey boo boo of their beloved sport, while the gathering wolves who hunt for hurt sheep on our pasture twisted him into fresh meat ripe for the taking, Tyson became the messiah for those wanting to kill our sport.

You think Tyson acted odd? The dude was young, ambitious and had no clue the wolves were hunting him. Statistically Tyson didn't have a chance. He thought everyone around him was there to help him. We joke "and then Cus died" as if to say Cus was his one true mentor, his one true helper. Cus picked Tyson from a young age to be a destroyer, his protege, his project. Cus used Tyson just as much as anyone, from day fucking one. Tyson was used by everyone from day fucking one. Of course he was going to be a little strange. This is what they wanted. They wanted this strange guy to show up on the scene and wreak havoc, then the promoters could point their finger and say "hey, look at this strange guy - this freak show, come see grab a ticket." And the detractors of this sport could point their fingers and say "hey, look at this strange guy - this freak show, come see, cancel your ticket." This is what wolves do when they want to feast on you.

You're always strange to wolves, because wolves don't feast on their own, that's why they need to point their finger and tell you you're different. You are different, you're better than them. You're not a wolf, you're a human. You proved it by becoming the Tyson 2.0 you are today. The dude who sits in news rooms cracking a joke, the dude who appears in comedy and voice acts in cartoons posting fun at yourself. You're the Tyson 2.0 the boxing gods wanted, the Tyson 2.0 they knew we needed. You proved it long ago when you punched the lights out on a man who hurt your pet pigeon. This is why you started fighting. To protect your flock.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  2. ZroC

ZroC Silver Belt

3. ZroC

ZroC Silver Belt

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  4. Canned Tuna

Canned Tuna Silver Belt

That's long. Start a blog.

5. Cracky

Cracky Fanny Pack

Ouch.. my scroll finger is busted now...

I'll say this.. Wlad is boring and happy to use a boring ass style..I don't think what he does inspires people to want to watch the sport.

6. ironfist05

ironfist05 Silver Belt

but not the one we deserve...

7. Black Blood

Black Blood Purple Belt

Eh, sometimes Wlad is great to watch... other times, not so much.

8. Sdeaf

Sdeaf Blue Belt

I think you'll find that Wlad is the boxing champ we deserve.

9. ZroC

ZroC Silver Belt

what matters isn't how many people read something, it's that some people will and these people might turn out to be the right people. That's what makes the sherdog boxing community so great, it's full of the right people who are in the right place at the right time. That's why I need Consortium to come back. He's the right guy in the right place who spoke the right words at the right time. There's a small god of boxing listening to him and I need Consortium to take down the golem guarding him so I can get through to the hidden hand who rules our sport.

10. Doctor Axel

Doctor Axel Yellow Belt

Wlad used to be one of the most entertaining boxers to watch.....then Sanders happened.

11. A&R_Superstar

A&R_Superstar Blue Belt

While maybe not the most exciting guy all the time, he does have a lot of great KOs. The guy should be respected by sports fans and aspiring athletes for his accomplishments and the way he carries himself. Hes a true sportsman, hes educated, hes an Olympic gold medalist and hes held the HW title for over a decade. He seems like a decent human being, i dont think we have to worry about finding a video of him KOing Hayden in an elevator.

I like Tyson as much as anyone and people, myself included, like to watch a man just destroy people without mercy. Unfortunately guys like that tend to self destruct.

12. Frank23

Frank23 Enter Sandman Belt Platinum Member

Wladimir Klitschko is a good role model.

13. DeJulez

DeJulez Broner Brodie

Mayweathers a good role model.
    He shows that if you can work hard and dedicate yourself to something, there's no telling what you can accomplish.

14. nac386

nac386 Gold Belt

Kids should idolize the adults in their own life. A father should want his son to idolize him, because he can control the behaviors that he is modeling for his son. Encouraging your kid to idolize a man he doesn't even know seems reckless. I think kids should be taught that they do not actually know who these people are, and that it's okay to look up to them for their accomplishments, but not to idolize strangers.

It's pretty hard to say, "See, son, Mayweather is a man to model yourself after because his hard work (not to mention it's combined with extreme and unparalleled talent that you cannot match) has made him rich," and then expect that kid to not notice all the immoral traits that man possesses.

Love the art, not the artist.

15. ironfist05

ironfist05 Silver Belt

true, but mayweather and pac both overcame a lot to get to where they are. Being African-American in the US is tough, floyd probably faced a lot of racism growing up and even during his career, when the media would probably rather push somebody like Gatti; not to mention he grew up in a Michigan ghetto. Pac was homeless in the Philippines, which is about as hard as it gets and he became a star in the US, a nation which loves its stars American and white. It's probably a huge source of inspiration for African-American and Filipino kids everywhere that these guys were able to even be on the TV when the US would rather show us guys like Algieri or Gatti.

When you're idolizing famous people, you have to look at their best traits because they live their lives under a microscope and every little shitty thing they do will blow up in their face. I don't condone what Floyd and Pac did, but it's important to remember that we probably know hundreds of people who did the same thing, the only difference is that they aren't famous.

16. Farbeyondthesun

Farbeyondthesun Banned Banned

Well according to the Klitschko haters Wilder is the savior of the HW division LOL.

17. AppliedScience

AppliedScience Brown Belt

The interesting thing is that Wladimir will defeat any other person on Earth in a boxing match, largely depending on one of the best left jabs in history.

18. Cracky

Cracky Fanny Pack

largely depending on holding

19. Old Cat

Old Cat Gold Belt

Nice work bubba!! Thumbs up, you word smith you.

20. Gregolian

Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

It made me watch the sport.

21. n...not crazy

n...not crazy Silver Belt

He doesn't jab anymore, just holds his left out extended. If the guy penetrates the outer extent of his glove... time to hold. Hey man, I would too. You could get punched if a guy gets close to you.

He could do this until he's 50.