Without the JDS wins would Cain even be in consideration for HW GOAT?

Cain was never GOAT HW. Only delusional nuthugger UFC fanboys think that shit.

He was never close lol he needs to clean out his division. Shit match making and shit luck is what has done him in

Hard to be GOAT when you keep fighting the same people for 5 years. 3 opponents in his last 7 fights (counting the Werdum rematch)

With Bigfoot's new resurgence it's only a matter of time before he gets a third shot at Cain.

Cain was never in the discussion for me. Not to say he couldn't climb into the discussion by winning...

But as now he isn't in the goat discussion in his weight class for me

You don't just take things away.

"Take away the Shogun fight and Jones never becomes champ."

Couture had a better run at HW, so did prime CROCOP, so did Fedor, and Nog.

Werdum has a better resume of wins than Cain and IMO a better career.

IMO Cain isn't in that convo yet.

That's like saying if Francis Ford Coppola didn't make the Godfather and Apocalypse Now, would he still be held in such high regard as a director

Beating the shit out of JDS - twice - is about as high an accomplishment as it gets in HW MMA.

this one.

"minus their accomplishments, has anyone really ever accomplished anything? I mean, like, really..."

Werdum is the heavyweight GOAT.

Give him JDS after he takes care of Cain again so we can see Werdum beat the shit out of him to solidify that statement.

Without a doubt when Werdum beats Cain again, and then goes on to avenge his loss and beats JDS. NO ONE can deny that Werdum is the GOAT.

If Fedor never fought in Pride, would he have been undefeated in Pride?

UFC has done a disservice to Cain's legacy by having him fight the same guys over and over. I think he unjustifiably hyped as a potential HW GOAT when he really didn't have all that much experience.

He only has 15 fights to his career and 5 of those were the same guys. It wasn't until his 15th fight that he fought someone with Muay Thai and it showed. Cain should be fighting guys like Arlovsk, Stipe, Browne, Barnett, etc. I want to see how he deals with others styles. He's wasted a good majority of his career on rematches and it looks like it's going to continue.

no one did him a disservice - he fought bigfoot twice, the second time because bigfoot beat overeem - maybe they should have just given overeem the shot anyway haha but either way, that fight fcked sht up

junior dos santos was the second best fighter in the world at HW and he had a win over cain - the trilogy totally made sense, they didnt even make an immediate one, they made junior fight and win beforehand - everyone wanted to see that fight

Comparing him to Fedor is a joke

Taking nothing away from him as a fighter but realistically he has fought elite competition for 6 years, nearly 5 of those years he will have fought 3 people and lost to 2 of them with the next match pending. Outside of Nog and Brock, Rothwell was his biggest win. has anybody besides mcgregor been called GOAT with such little resistance? It kind of seems like he absorbed JDS's accomplishments with the 2 wins but I feel like he hasn't really proved himself against elite competition with varying skill sets like so many others have had to do

McG has been called GOAT as a joke - and because so many people take the bait, the joke keeps going. The UFC tried marketing Cain as an all-timer, but really, fighting the same two guys in five fights over two years? The UFC's heavyweight division is pathetic. That's not Cain's fault. But Dana and crew have a lot to answer for.

no one did him a disservice - he fought bigfoot twice, the second time because bigfoot beat overeem - maybe they should have just given overeem the shot anyway haha but either way, that fight fcked sht up

junior dos santos was the second best fighter in the world at HW and he had a win over cain - the trilogy totally made sense, they didnt even make an immediate one, they made junior fight and win beforehand - everyone wanted to see that fight

I agree with you that a fair amount of people wanted to see Cain vs. JDS 2, but I'm not so sure of #3 that soon, still, ok.

Now, after we saw Cain vs. JDS 1/2/3 and BF 1/2 they want Cain to go Werdum 1/2? I'm gonna root for Werdum just to avoid the third fight!! Really, make Cain fight at very least one other fighter before the shot!

Why was Cain in consideration for HW GOAT in the first place? too soon...

Back