Without the JDS wins would Cain even be in consideration for HW GOAT?

The problem with your comparison is that Apocalypse Now was a mediocre movie.

165.gif

I agree he has the potential to be, it really is a tragedy the way he has been handled via match making and the recurring injuries I feel like he could potentially be out of his prime already due to circumstances. If he continues on his current trajectory do you think JDS could surpass him in all time if he keeps fighting and winning but having Cain as his Achilles heel ?

I don't think JDS is going to have a great couple of years. I think the 2 Cain fights and the Stipe fight, took years off his life and slowed him down. I hope I'm wrong about that.

Cain is a mystery, but can he stay healthy long enough to put together a few solid years of competition? Hard to say.

I'm not a Cain fan , but Kongo , Rothwell , Nog ,Brock , Bigfoot , Jds isn't that bad ....if he beats Werdum he is still on the right track

His career feels a bit... lacking in diversity so to speak. And yes he has absorbed Junior's achievements. But he is as good as it gets when it comes to MMA. Also not his fault that HW got so stagnant. I think its inactivity what actually raises concerns with regards to his legacy. His demeanor doesnt help either. Now that the division has opened up, if he can fight 4 times within the next couple of years he might redeem himself.

The way I see it, he is among the goats skill-wise. Record-wise not really. And I don't see him belted again as long as Werdum is defending.

Depends, does Cain gain other less spectacular wins instead or is it just more time for him to be injured?

Peter said it..

his accomplishments make him what he is

He's not in consideration even with the JDS wins. It's clear cut who the GOAT HW is and that's Fedor.

I don't think JDS is going to have a great couple of years. I think the 2 Cain fights and the Stipe fight, took years off his life and slowed him down. I hope I'm wrong about that.

Cain is a mystery, but can he stay healthy long enough to put together a few solid years of competition? Hard to say.

I feel like JDS appears a lot worse for wear than he really is, he obviously had some time taken off of his career by those fights but a lot of people forget he went into the Miocic fight with an MCL injury I believe, and to go 5 against someone who many thought should have gotten a title shot with limited movement which is essential part of his game is pretty impressive. I feel like his next 2 fights will be much more telling about where he is.

As for Cain I really wish they gave him Browne or Stipe, an elite fighter but new face if he loses to Werdum again ( which stylistically I think is probable ) he will be stuck in the no mans land JDS had been residing. Just shit match making in the heavyweight division. I feel like they really want Cain as champ to break into the Latin market

Jds - Nelson , Cc , Werdum , Hunt , Cain , Mir , Carwin and Stipe is as impressive as Cains wins IMO ....Cain only edge is winning trilogy over JDS

Jds - Nelson , Cc , Werdum , Hunt , Cain , Mir , Carwin and Stipe is as impressive as Cains wins IMO ....Cain only edge is winning trilogy over JDS

Not to mention Yvel Gonzaga and Struve, who were current or former top 10-15's

How long was Cain's reign? 2-3 years? I dont think he was champ long enough to be considered the hw goat.

Junior's record is in fact better imo

It's true. Cain's record/reptuation is incredibly inflated and he typically gets credit for things that JDS did (i.e. cleaning out the division) just because he beat him. Cain's run since he beat Brock has been shockingly bad imo

It's true. Cain's record/reptuation is incredibly inflated and he typically gets credit for things that JDS did (i.e. cleaning out the division) just because he beat him. Cain's run since he beat Brock has been shockingly bad imo

Just like on Sherdog, in old Native American tribal cultures, a warrior gains the merits/accomplishments/strength of a warrior that they slay.
So that's why Weidman is now the MW GOAT; he has unofficially defeated all the guys that Anderson Silva defeated and has unofficially been champ since Silva became champ.
And Cain has unofficially defeated everyone that JDS has beaten, including Mir, Stipe, Nelson, Stuve, Gonzaga, and even Werdum. So that means Cain is entitled to a rubber match with Werdum....JDS (who became Cain) has beaten Werdum once, and Werdum has beaten Cain once, so they need to complete the trilogy.
Or so the legend goes...

Fuck people with the UFC hate blinding u. 3 opponents in last 7 fights, okey lets see, how many times did he got injured? how frequent has he been fighting? Dude has a health issue, not a matchmaking one.

Win or lose in the rematch with Werdum, Cain will go down as ONE of the best Heavyweights of all time.

No he won't.

He'll be forgotten because he blew his big chance on FOX & in the Mexican market TWICE.

Back