Without realizing it, Mendes admits Conor is best striker in the division

Oh im ready. I'm a realist ,on a website full of delusional neckbeards..

Aldo is has also been spectacular to watch during his career IMO.

They're both great fighters.
Matchup wise Mendes was able to compete with Aldo(on his second attempt) but it was still clear as day that Aldo was the superior fighter in the rematch. Mendes was in the zone in that fight, had a full camp(that was not the reason he lost to Mcgregor) and still came up short.

Aldos defensive footwork is really much better than Mendes. I doubt Aldo vs Mcgregor will look anything like Conors previous fights. Im excited.

I'm pumped too, Aldo has terrific striking defense, terrific striking offense, speed, athleticism, fantastic wrestling, sick guard passing, and is one of the most complete fighters ever.

In his recent "not an excuse but an excuse" postings Mendes states that the way to beat Conor is to have quick feet and take him down. Basically admitting that he is supremely outclassed in striking against Conor, but also admitting he has the best striking in the division, since Chad had no problems standing and trading with Aldo for 5 rounds and getting the better of many exchanges.

#conorbless

GSP's gameplan was to take away his opponents strengths and have them fight in areas that they are weak.

By suggesting that the path to fighting Conor is clearly to take him down and have your way with him, isn't a compliment to McGarnicle's striking prowess (which is honestly no joke...) it's more a commentary as to just how weak Conor's ground game is.

See with Aldo, you are not safe ANYWHERE. On the ground, Aldo's got a great sub game. Conor? Not so much. So I could see why Mendes wanted a more mixed bag with Aldo.

Get it now or are you just obtuse?

GSP's gameplan was to take away his opponents strengths and have them fight in areas that they are weak.

By suggesting that the path to fighting Conor is clearly to take him down and have your way with him, isn't a compliment to McGarnicle's striking prowess (which is honestly no joke...) it's more a commentary as to just how weak Conor's ground game is.

See with Aldo, you are not safe ANYWHERE. On the ground, Aldo's got a great sub game. Conor? Not so much. So I could see why Mendes wanted a more mixed bag with Aldo.

Chad is not GSP, he prefers to stand and bang and KO people. Admitting he has to take McGregor down and hold him there as his only path to victory is admitting he is the best

Chad is not GSP, he prefers to stand and bang and KO people. Admitting he has to take McGregor down and hold him there as his only path to victory is admitting he is the best

colorobtuseanglearrow.png

I can agree with TS halfway -- Connor may or may not be the best striker in the division, but I don't believe that Chad is saying as such simply because he stated that a fighter would be best served to take Connor down. Aldo has shown significantly better defensive wrestling than McGregor. Perhaps Chad just feels it's a safer gameplan and a bigger discrepancy of skills to turn a fight against Connor into a wrestling match.

Chad knows he had his way with Conor on the ground. Chad likes champ money and the champ belt more than he does "standing and banging"

It's pretty easy math, fella.

Have you seen any of Chad's fights from 2008 to 2012? For the first part of his career, Mendes was a LnP machine, which makes sense given his wrestling pedigree.

He only developed excellent stand-up post-2012 after Bang Ludwig came onboard.

I enjoy the hell out of watching McGregor and I believe he will likely beat Aldo but until he beats Edgar I will have that nagging doubt in my mind

This fight is the books, why bother making up bullshit now? He didn't say anything like that, poor poor thread. Wasteland this rubbish.

The way to beat Conor is to be Frankie Edgar. That slow plodding forward style will be easily outworked by his quickness.

Ummm no. Edgar doesn't have nearly the same punching power as mendes does. So conor will literally pummel frankie. While I think frankie is a good wrestler, I don't think he has the same pure strength mendes has in keeping conor down. fact is, nobody does. I see edgar taking conor down, but I also see conor getting back up, fairly quickly. While on the feet, I see conor brutalizing edgar.

Not sure what's worse, guys who get beat by Conor and won't shut up about it, or guys who STFU and move out of the weight class.

In his recent "not an excuse but an excuse" postings Mendes states that the way to beat Conor is to have quick feet and take him down. Basically admitting that he is supremely outclassed in striking against Conor, but also admitting he has the best striking in the division, since Chad had no problems standing and trading with Aldo for 5 rounds and getting the better of many exchanges.

#conorbless

That's quite a leap.

D1 Wrassler, the Shit thread starter and mind reader trolling Sherdog.

Even 99Silva was better than you.

#conorbless

No problems? He was KTFO in the first fight and LOST the 2nd fight as well.

Back