Without Mike Goldberg, the UFC feels like visiting my divorced mother

EdmundsEmptyBankAccount

Pulsing expert from Pulsylvania
Reaction score
Mike is my father, Joe is my mother, the UFC was my home...
upload_2019-1-18_8-46-1.png

Mike (my father) was a guy I used to really find frustrating.
- He would sometimes talk too loudly
- He would sometimes mistake a move and make the wrong call
- Much of the early days was Joe (my mother) calmly explaining to Mike what actually happened
- Mike would be sorry, but then make a mistake quickly again. He just couldn't help but stumble over himself.

Now

- Joe (my mother) has become the crazy loud one screaming and everyone else has to calm him down
- Mike (my father) is gone. For a while there, my mother was going around the world spending time with different dudes
- Lately, my mother (Joe) has been housebound (to the USA main PPV cards) and is frequently seen with 2-3 dudes at a time
- There is no chemistry. Everyone is faking it and pretending that it's like the old days... but it's not virtually identical

I think I have to move out of home (UFC)

Last edited:
virtually-identical.jpg

I wish posters who have homosexual crushes on male celebrities would just get out of the closet already. Goldberg doesn't respond to all your fan mail requests for dates for a reason, stalker. Piece of crap.

Mike knew less about MMA that someone with two years of training. His commentary was obvious, it lacked insight. I assume he may not have appreciated the tactical side of the sport and just wanted to see two people go at it. Being a commentator was his job and MMA was just the sport he was covering.

Joe may have been a little biased towards Eddie Bravo jiujitsu but commenting wasn't just a job to him. It was his hobby as well, so the enthusiasm was genuine and his knowledge of mma techniques (striking and grappling) grew at a faster rate than Mike's.

The UFC kept Mike for far too long. Probably because Mike's persona was more easily understood by the UFC's core fan base of loud, unknowledgeable ruffians.

Goldberg was a doofus that fucked up on the regular. But for all his flaws, his excitement was real and the chemistry with Joe was legit.

MQ9lRkF.gif

#BringBackGoldie

A Dana shill dumped this thread.

#Goldie4ever

Back