Withnail and I

Rimbaud82

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
withnail-and-i-movie-poster-1987-1020244507.jpg

One of the best comedies ever imo, who has seen this film and what did you think? Particularly yanks.

I'm a big fan.

Richard E Grant knocks it out of the fucking park in that movie.

It's also a film I quote quite often, but not a line that ANYONE recognizes.

When people say "here" or "hair", I quite often reply with "Here, hare, here." in the same posh British accent as Uncle Monty when they find the dead rabbit nailed to the door of the cottage.

Never fails to elicit confused looks and slow nods.

I'm a big fan.

Richard E Grant knocks it out of the fucking park in that movie.

It's also a film I quote quite often, but not a line that ANYONE recognizes.

When people say "here" or "hair", I quite often reply with "Here, hare, here." in the same posh British accent as Uncle Monty when they find the dead rabbit nailed to the door of the cottage.

Never fails to elicit confused looks and slow nods.

Love that haha, I like to quote it too. So many good quotes. When I am drunk I just have to go for "I assure you I'm not... I've only had a few light ales"

Last edited:
Me brar told me about this a wee bit ago, haven't got around to seeing yet but will, thanks for the reminder.

Me brar told me about this a wee bit ago, haven't got around to seeing yet but will, thanks for the reminder.

Glad I did, such a great film! Watch it soon and don't forget!! haha

You lived in Belfast by the way? and your brar told you a wee bit ago, not sure if thats it a typo but if you lived in belfast it's probably deliberate :icon_lol:

Last edited:
Glad I did, such a great film! Watch it soon and don't forget!! haha

You lived in Belfast by the way? and your brar told you a wee bit ago, not sure if thats it a typo but if you lived in belfast it's probably deliberate :icon_lol:

Lol, aye: deliberate. He's still there. Gonna try an watch it tomorrow seeing as I'll be off work. Cheers again mate.

One of the best comedies ever imo, who has seen this film and what did you think? Particularly yanks.

One of the best movies ever! This from a yank from the south.

"We are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell. Making enemies of our own futures."

-I

Back