With Win, Anderson deserves title shot vs Vitor Belfort, not Weidman.

We are in 2015 and you didn't learned yet. UFC isn't about who deserves more. UFC is about business. Andy is getting that title shot. Period.

If Anderson wants a title shot, he should be fighting Romero or Rockhold.
Not Diaz.

Vitor is going in there after a long break, sans TRT. Can he hang? I doubt it.

I wish Machida and Rockhold weren't fighting.
They could have each fought (and destroyed) Romero/Jacare instead.

MW is messed up.

If Silva wins and IF Silva wants to fight Weidman again I would love to see Silva vs Weidman 3. Say what you will but both fights were textbook flukes. I'm not taking away anything from Weidman but I'm not taking away anything from Silva either save for that it was a bad injury and he's getting older.

You're not? Because it certainly sounds like you're saying the only reason he won the two fights is because of things Silva did to lose rather than things he himself did to win. As much as I think a third Silva/Weidman fight is a ridiculous proposition, I almost want to see it happen just to see the shitstorm that ensues when Weidman finishes him within two rounds again. Surely there will be some who aren't satisfied with the three early finishes Weidman will have over Silva by then and will need to see a fourth fight, "'cuz Anderson's getting closer and he deserves another chance to prove the other three were flukes."

To add to my earlier post, it would be sour if Anderson did beat Weidman.
I am of the school that thinks anyone can beat anyone.
If Anderson won, he'd be 1-2 against Weidman. That's not right.

I wish they would have just put Rockhold in there next.

Well TS Anderson is getting that title shot after beating Diaz and no amount of Weidman nuthugger threads are going to stop that from happening.

The days of Weidman having that title are numbered and getting shorter.

To add to my earlier post, it would be sour if Anderson did beat Weidman.
I am of the school that thinks anyone can beat anyone.
If Anderson won, he'd be 1-2 against Weidman. That's not right.

I wish they would have just put Rockhold in there next.

LOLOLOL...If Anderson wins it proves the other two fights before it were flukes.
It would be Rockhold vs Weidman for a title shot.

Dana is giving the title shot to Anderson and cry baby threads made by Weidman nuthuggers will not change that.

Anderson is getting very underrated. Weidman is in his prime, undefeated and is very well rounded and strong in every MMA aspect.

We have yet to see whether he was mentally affected by the losses. If he dominates Diaz, I would not doubt he can compete against top MWs.

Hes 40 40 He's out of his prime and does not need to get his ass beat against weidman again

Diaz last win was against a 145lb fighter years ago. Silva crushing him really shouldn't impress anyone I'm shocked people are acting like this is a super fight.

Don't watch it.

Seriously, if you've got something to complain about this fight then you must be one of those rare guys that watches mma for the wrist control

I thought this thread was going to be all kinds of retarded thanks to the character limit in the title. Turned out to be a good OP. Although the timing or the cash-cow motivation is secondary to me. Personally I dont think he should ever fight Weidman again. But I also dont think he would win. It would be crazy good for his GOAT potential if he avenged the losses when even older. And I have always maintained he is the GOAT striker and should not be in the running for GOAT with being poor at one of the 3 bases that is wrestling. But if he beat Prime Weidman and at his age no less than I dont see how he could be any less than 3rd behind Fedor and Bones. He was so good at striking and there have not been many great well rounded fighters in the past so he may still be now. But it would never hold up. If he beat Weidman his spot would be secure IMO and if legacy is driving him I can see it. But seems too risky. Just have some exciting fights and go out kicking ass with a bag of cash

Rematches suck

I want to see Chris fighting different guys. Not silva for a 3rd time.

Weidman vs Silva 3, we will see Silva retire after the fight in the hospital again.

1st fight, Silva was like a master teaching his student Weidman, and his student finished him off.
2nd fight, Weidman was like a true MMA fighter fighting a scary cat Silva.

So you are really expecting Vitor to crush Chris ?

Hahaha post fight Sherdog reading will be even more hilarious than post JJ/DC.

Im pretty sure this is Andersons doing. Ufc wanted him back and he calls the shots. I think if Andy decides he feels good after the Diaz fight then he should go for Weidman, its not like time is on his side TS.

Anderson doesn't deserve another title shot by beating a WW, let alone one that hasn't won a fight since 2011.

The UFC loves Anderson though

Back