With Win, Anderson deserves title shot vs Vitor Belfort, not Weidman.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by DatSamboKid, Jan 8, 2015.

1. DatSamboKid

DatSamboKid Black Belt

If the old lion wins verus Weidman, I think Silva vs Belfort 2, maybe isn't fair to a Jacare or Rockhold, but makes most sense at this point, and can bring huge numbers coming from Brazil, most likely a stadium fight. It's understandable that Jacare or Machida/Rockhold winner would theoretically deserve the title shot, but I truly believe that Silva would be the better path for the grow of MMA.

With that being said, I find it horrifying that Dana White dared saying that Silva deserved a title shot, not mentioning if it was Weidman or Vitor. If Weidman wins at UFC 184, which I personally think he will do, and if Anderson wins at UFC 183, which I believe he is capable of doing, no way in hell Silva vs Weidman 3 should happen now.

I always looked at Silva vs Weidman 3 as a potential huge fight, because as fans, I'm not sure we were satisfied by the out come of both fights. First fight Anderson, goofed around like a Clown and got knocked out fair and square, Weidman deserved that belt more than anything. Second fight, Weidman shows us what he is capable of inflicting in the first round, but Silva survives. Slowly we could see the paste getting raised and bammm Silva snaps his leg off a check, which is totally acceptable because it was a perfectly timed defense/offense technique that Weidman applied and Silva payed for it.

A third fight needs to happen in History, I think as Silva fans, we need to see him get undeniably beaten by Weidman, just as we saw Cormier get beaten by Jones. When Jones beats his opponents, there is no question of debate on who is the better fighter at the end. The two fights I've seen haven't put a stamp on the Weidman/Silva controversy in my books and a third fight is needed, but please not now.

This is bad timing and such a terrible business move, this is the perfect time for the UFC to milk the cash cow in Anderson Silva. Give him fights like Diaz, like Bisping, Like Rampage at 205, like GSP, fights that are great for Anderson. Fights he has very good chances of winning, yet will be entertaining to watch and meaningful for both.

Separate Anderson from the top 5 at this point, let Weidman take care of Vitor, Jacare and Luke. Once that will be done. When Weidman will be even more proven as a champ. When Anderson Silva will have proved he could rise from the ashes, then throw the third fight. Now is just terrible timing.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  2. GrindingANARCHY

GrindingANARCHY Banned Banned

I need a longer screen to read this

3. Lovetap

Lovetap Brown Belt

If Silva wins and IF Silva wants to fight Weidman again I would love to see Silva vs Weidman 3. Say what you will but both fights were textbook flukes. I'm not taking away anything from Weidman but I'm not taking away anything from Silva either save for that it was a bad injury and he's getting older.

4. estranged

estranged Black Belt

how long did it take you to type this shit up? i can't even read it

5. samoajoe

samoajoe Brown Belt

Diaz last win was against a 145lb fighter years ago. Silva crushing him really shouldn't impress anyone I'm shocked people are acting like this is a super fight.

6. Toxxus

Toxxus The Ancient One

I'm a huge Anderson fan and he remains my favorite fighter ever, but at no point in the previous two fights did I feel he was getting the upper hand.

He got hurt pretty badly in the 2nd one before the freak leg break and I think him losing the fight in a more conventional way would have occurred by round 3.

7. tsarbomba

tsarbomba Blue Belt

I agree with you ts, he should at least beat another middleweight before another woodman fight

8. DatSamboKid

DatSamboKid Black Belt

stop smoking weed and concentrate a bit, read it.

9. Zap

Zap It's clobberin' time.

Don't worry ts. The old lion will get his ass handed to him and Andy will get "hurt" before he has to get embarrassed by Weidman again.
    Uncle Dana will make the bad man go away. Right now it's your turn.

10. JDB

JDB Brown Belt

He never got hurt before, Anderson always showed. Weidman is the ones that's always hurt, his knee and hand is already fucked.

11. rpn453

rpn453 Brown Belt

I agree. Silva-Belfort 2 for the title would be great, but I'm not ready to see Silva-Weidman 3 yet.

12. the can

the can fat guy belt

i have a feeling anderson will not win. diaz can take a beating and just keep going forward.

13. KR811**

KR811** Blue Belt

Silva said if a Brazilian wins the title before he fights for it he won't bother. If Silva wins and Belfort wins silva may retire with a win. I would have zero problems with that.

14. Reffson

Reffson Purple Belt

I've always been a big fan of GOAT Anderson but beating Diaz, whom I have great respect for as a WW, should not land a title shot for Anderson at MW. He should have to beat at least one top contender (Luke, Jacare, Romero, Moose) to secure the shot.

If Jacare beats Romero, he deserves the shot HANDS DOWN.

15. The Clinch

The Clinch Middle-Earth with Glee-Glop and the Floopty-Doos. Platinum Member

Words words wrods wraoawd wosoda

16. Magooglie

Magooglie Yellow Card Yellow Card

It's clear Dana and the UFC are hurting for money. They just want to get the most well known names on the headlines. But that's bad long term planning since they're not focused on creating new stars. Terrible cycle.

17. JDB

JDB Brown Belt

Watch the Leban fight.

18. Son of Sonnen

Son of Sonnen Brown Belt

When Anderson beats Diaz the only thing Dana and over rated Joe Silva should be working on is lining up enough trucks to haul the cash it will take to get GSP out of retirement and into the octagon with Anderson for the July 4th card.

19. JDB

JDB Brown Belt

This, whole thing is probably just a publicity stunt.

20. Bmartin89

Bmartin89 Purple Belt

No he does not he lost twice in a row to the champ & is now going to get a gift title shot for beating a WW, Who anybody in the Top 10 middleweight would destroy. This is just Dana White trying to milk every dollar out of silva because he knows Andy is on his way out. In the end it's all about them PPV$$$ Dollars