With Volk's guillotine escape, what were the best submissions escapes ?

Ankalaev vs Craig for sure

could've been the greatest one ever but
84e71ewn4lj21.gif

he tapped so its not related to this thread lol.

Franklin escaping Lutter's armbar

Rampage slamming Arona

I'm not even sure which one impressed me more - surviving the guillotine or surviving the triangle. I need to rewatch the triangle to see what happened. That was crazy it looked 100% done.

Volk getting out of Ortega's guillotine last night made me think of a few past championship fights where the champ was locked up in what looked like a sure submission, and managed to escape.

b1f968f8-1ea5-11ec-897a-4119d31a6faa_image_hires_181311.jpg

That shit looked deep and he looked completely helpless for a few moments there, but I guess the heart of a champion kicked in at some point and he just willed his way out of it.

So the other one that instantly come to mind...

Bones vs Vitor

2e72194760e9aa66e4f74304b77a9b92.gif

What are some others?

Do you realize you made the exact same thread i made with the exact same pic ?

Wonderboy had a very, very tight guillotine on Woodley in their first fight.

I'm not even sure which one impressed me more - surviving the guillotine or surviving the triangle. I need to rewatch the triangle to see what happened. That was crazy it looked 100% done.

Volk said he thought he was about to lose the title from the guillotine but wasnt too worried about getting out of the triangle.

That one might win the thread.
He didn't escape it, I'm pretty sure that guys making joke. His arm got broken and then he got put into a triangle choke and elbowed until the ref stopped it. He also tapped to that armbar, but the dipshit ref didn't see it and let his arm get broken.

b1f968f8-1ea5-11ec-897a-4119d31a6faa_image_hires_181311.jpg

Was about to go to sleep goood.. The triangle choke was tight too ! Damn Volkanovski is a tough dude.. What other great submissions escapes you have in mind ?

690.jpg

Obligatory Poirier guillotine on Khabib

Ng_n7r9jin75S21fytH-wCNIkxhpZsNcwVW9tjAdkIKuRtuICtK2p2LaZIoMG4UlR9O6itj4SyhjrmFT4XVAMf8gEr2O4ivD_2LHn4tayrFhNAbYlX3YcObK-yvc30qsoCZBB_4nrso

Machida escape of Tito's triangle was amazing too
Bendo v Cowboy 1.

Back