With Valentina at 1/8, why wouldn't you bet next weekend?

8k returns 1k.

Before someone asks me why I'm not going to do it, well let's just say my hardcore wager days are behind me lol. Saving up for a house with a joint savings account with the missus, a recipe for disaster when she spots that I bet 8k with Betway that month.

I took a bad beat on Liverpool/Crystal Palace the other day, bet on No Goal with 5 minutes left and then they scored in the 92nd minute, been trying to make it back since lol.

Anyway, I think anyone with the money in the bank who can afford to lose it if an absolute miracle occurs and Montano turns into Amanda Nunes overnight, should definitely do it. Free money.
What if she turns into Amanda Nunes ? Will she get an gifted decision too after losing 4 out of 5 rounds and not even landin a clean punch to the face ?

Also this is the wrong board for this thread. There is an entire board just for you people.

Val is an all around gal. Love or hate her she is one of the few forces in WMMA. Really people should be happy individuals like her are taking this shit to another level.

Unfortunately with his formula you would lose money no matter the result.
giphy.gif

I was thinking of putting down a couple of thousand on this, but I just don't know enough about Montano.

Val is good, and I expect her to win, but we've seen Val come out and perform like shit as well (2nd Nunes fight stands out).

Actually, Shevhoweverthefuckyouspellhername does take this easily.
Is the name really that hard? Funny how everybody tries their best at Albanian last names, and some pretty out there AA names, but something like "Schevchenko" is just too hard. It's said like it's spelled. I didn't look it up and I'm not, so at least give an easier Caucasian name the ol' college effort.

Is the name really that hard? Funny how everybody tries their best at Albanian last names, and some pretty out there AA names, but something like "Schevchenko" is just too hard. It's said like it's spelled. I didn't look it up and I'm not, so at least give an easier Caucasian name the ol' college effort.
It's not. But, this is Sherdog. So, don't want to have anyone hanging off my nuts in the very rare(very rare) event that I make a typo, or have a brain fart. Ok?

Fuck it. I'm thinking of a multi-bet of 5k on Val to beat Montano, Sterling to beat Staman and Andrade to Karolina this weekend.

It'd pay 11.1k.

Add Suarez to beat Carla and it'd be 13k.

You guys reckon I go for that? Only one I'm not sure about is this Staman guy. Can't really remember him, but his record is decent.

I am trying to come up with a situation where Nicco could win but I just can't find any outside of Valentina having a brain fart.

Valentina is practically better everywhere.

Last edited:
8k returns 1k.

Before someone asks me why I'm not going to do it, well let's just say my hardcore wager days are behind me lol. Saving up for a house with a joint savings account with the missus, a recipe for disaster when she spots that I bet 8k with Betway that month.

I took a bad beat on Liverpool/Crystal Palace the other day, bet on No Goal with 5 minutes left and then they scored in the 92nd minute, been trying to make it back since lol.

Anyway, I think anyone with the money in the bank who can afford to lose it if an absolute miracle occurs and Montano turns into Amanda Nunes overnight, should definitely do it. Free money.

If you don't care about risking 8k, winning 1k probably doesn't mean much to you.

I dropped a pretty substantial bet on Valentina in her last fight. I'm not sure I'll do the same this time. Nicco is too much of an unknown quantity.

I honestly think you're wrong, it's the definition of a lock.

Valentina will stop her within 2 rounds.

Weird for me to say this because I think Valentina is awesome, but I would be fully on board for Montano winning here. First, she's cool. Second, she was construed as ducking when she wasn't ducking at all. Third, Valentina is still making it like Montano won't show up or that she is skeptical until the day of the fight.

I don't like that stuff because there are a bunch of champions who had to take far longer time off due to injuries and yet Nicco was being construed as ducking for no good reason.

Also, seeing an upset when it is outright assumed that Valentina is the uncrowned champion just seems appealing. I like a good upset and Nicco is a gutsy fighter.

Like both. Valentina is and should be favored, but I'd really enjoy the upset.

8k returns 1k.

I agree, but so many people also forget Valentina could blow her knee out taking montano down and lose by tko (injury). In a sport where that bullshit can dictate the outcome of a fight, NOTHING is a lock.

Valentina is P4P the best WMMA fighter on the planet and Montano is a journeywoman.
Again, underrating Montano.

I agree Shevchenko is better, but much crazier things have happened than Montano winning.

What if Shevchenko suffers a freak injury? Or has an off night?

What if Montano has the fight of her life and Shevchenko underperforms?

i expect Shevchenko to win, but I certainly wouldn't bet on it with those terrible odds.

I agree, but so many people also forget Valentina could blow her knee out taking montano down and lose by tko (injury). In a sport where that bullshit can dictate the outcome of a fight, NOTHING is a lock.

The voice of reason. Beyond freak injuries, you're also up against terrible referees and judges. No such thing as a lock. Not close to worth it IMO at that price.

The voice of reason. Beyond freak injuries, you're also up against terrible referees and judges. No such thing as a lock. Not close to worth it IMO at that price.
Exactly. Right now, it’s bet $1300 on Valentina to win ONE HUNDRED. That is fucking insane. Unless you wipe your ass with $100 bills, I wouldn’t go anywhere near that shit.

Is this even a gamble though? Like how can Montano win this bout?

Shevchenko should win. But yeah it's a gamble with those odds. Montano might win by going on the offense versus Val's counterpunching style. She beat Murphy & Honchak with strong clinch work. She's not afraid of hitting or being hit. She bloodied de La Rosa's face and secured that win by resisting takedowns.

Why are you not a millionaire? Stop telling people so we can ride this wave together. Needless to say mind blown!

giphy.gif

I don't bet

just seems like if bullet is such a huge fav there no value in better her.

it like how there was no money to bet on the warriors 2.

Back