With the pussification of American Football under way.....how long until mma/tUFC

You're an idiot for thinking the nfl has "pussified" considering the recent news of brain damage and long term effects of concussions. My guess is you're a complete waste of skin with little to no athletic prowess that sits in your lazy boy pointing at the tv calling every athlete with a better life than you a pussy.

and my guess is you could be sold an ice cream cone in a blizzard..

Players have been hitting helmet to helmet for years and years yet now it's a problem. lol

Imagine the MMA banning the following

Kicks: Since kicks has more power than punch
Takedowns: It is very brutal for the person in the bottom to take GNP punches
Submissions: It causes broken bones

After banning those things, they will also use bigger gloves since smaller gloves hurts more. They will also use traditional boxing ring since the octagon has metal cages which connotes more brutal environment for fighters.

Don't forget Headgear and Eyewear.

I'm looking forward to the full body kevlar suits w/ Motor cycle helmets.

I do think they should ban the kick to the knee, that just a cheap as fk. If they allow that, then allow Knees to the guy who puts one hand on the mat.

Not this shit again... Man if I had it my way it would be pride rules with elbows.

ph03b.jpg

sup.

He's clearly said in interviews he thinks it's because of his kick-boxing career. Good try though.

How am I an idiot?? The rule changes to the NFL are ridiculous. Pretty soon it will be a 2 hand touch/flag league.

The UFC will change rules over the years.....they already have. Not 1 person has answered this question realistically yet. What are the next couple rule changes you anticipate?

People are only looking to ban the knee kick that Jon Jones uses, and they shouldn't even do that because kneebars are legal-- the goal of the two moves is exactly the same, to stop your opponent by attacking their limb-- and those kicks are way harder to do properly than people think they are, and they aren't gonna tear the ACL instantly like people think it will.

Nobody's looking to get rid of kicks in general. If that were the case, then the imaginary people you're talking about would be attacking kickboxing before they go to MMA, and nobody's trying to Nerf kickboxing either.

He's clearly said in interviews he thinks it's because of his kick-boxing career. Good try though.

Well, that doesn't prove much then.

Just kidding. Some of the beatdowns he got in K-1 were brutal. Worse than his MMA fights.

Seems to me that every time anyone is knocked out they probably got a concussion. In some of the more brutal fights I'm sure there are multiple concussions.

is under attack?

Don't say it won't happen, because it will. After every Anderson Silva and/or Jon Jones fight, you have "mma fans" on here calling for the banning of kicks. Tonight you have people crying about suplexes.

It's inevitable that the sport will continue to change, and with that the rules will evolve as well. So what are some of the next things to get banned in the UFC?

The only opinion that counts are those at the top level... Ufc, Nfl whatever. No one gives a shit whether joe couch potato thinks its pussifying a sport or not.

I love how there is always some idiot to chime in like this.

OP is bringing up a great point and yes it is inevitable. As the United States locks down on sports that require pure violence you will see rise in other sports and other leagues in other countries. We'll just need to keep our eyes open for alternatives.

It's pretty sad how many pussies exist in america now. I'm afraid it's only going to get worse. Get your passports ready!

Of course you support him, you're a child as well.

Back