With the pussification of American Football under way.....how long until mma/tUFC

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by flakxd, Dec 16, 2012.

1. flakxd

flakxd Green Belt

is under attack?

Don't say it won't happen, because it will. After every Anderson Silva and/or Jon Jones fight, you have "mma fans" on here calling for the banning of kicks. Tonight you have people crying about suplexes.

It's inevitable that the sport will continue to change, and with that the rules will evolve as well. So what are some of the next things to get banned in the UFC?

2. The Soothsayer

The Soothsayer Purple Belt

Downing the rule changes in American football is borderline retarded.

Look at the brain damage guys are sustaining nowadays after just a few years in the league. I don't want to see kick off returns go away. That would hurt the game. But the helmet-to-helmet outlawing is a long overdue amendment.

And while boxing still makes guys human speed bags for 12 rounds, they'll get hit before MMA. Banning kicks? Are people really saying that?

3. Midnighter

Midnighter Silver Belt

This is stupid.

You are stupid.

4. tkotom

tkotom Fedor belt

Finishes shouldn't be allowed in the first round. If you finish someone in the first round that win isn't legitimate because they weren't able to implement tveir game plan and eventually beat you because apparently they have the cardio advantage.

So yeah ban first round finishes.

5. reigning terroe

reigning terroe Captain “Vai Cavalo” Boomerang

I actually like the new rule change they are presenting instead of kickoff. It makes the end of games more exciting because the team that just scored gets the ball at the 30 and its 4th and 15 and they have the option to go for it or punt. Granted it takes away one of the most exciting plays in Football the Kick Return for a TD but those have been cut down anyway with kicks being placed at the 35 instead of 30.

6. BudBundy**

BudBundy** Purple Belt

say what u want about pride rules. no one was left woth severe brain damage because of them

7. downeykids

downeykids Green Belt

I don't think it's pussification or what ever you called it if people are getting brain damage and don't give me the speech that MMA is safe. Look I hope no changes come unless it's absolutely necessary.

If I had to guess what move would get banned it would be elbows. It just seems like that one has been talked about the most.

8. Kingz

Kingz Gold Belt

the day former fighters start shitting their pants and going crazy because of too many blows to the head. Which won't happen because they don't take as much punishment.

9. The Soothsayer

The Soothsayer Purple Belt

I agree that the new rule change could be fun, and I also agree that the changed kick off spot has hurt kick offs in a big way.

But I just can't imagine football without kickoffs. I'm usually pretty progressive about most things, but I personally think it would be too big of a change from the game.

10. Roger FedorAIR

Roger FedorAIR It ain't easy being white Senior Moderator

[​IMG]

sup.

11. Blark

Blark Blue Belt

Counterpoint: Ninja Rua

12. BudBundy**

BudBundy** Purple Belt

he doesn't have brain damage

13. Kingz

Kingz Gold Belt

dude also had nearly 40 kickboxing fights and most of his biggest KO's has come in his 40's when he should not have been fighting anyway and PRIDE was long gone. Not to menton his arm wrestling MMA shit.

14. Kingz

Kingz Gold Belt

being a shot athlete does not = brain damage

15. Mcnugget

Mcnugget Blue Belt

Go play football since you're tougher

16. Jrohm24

Jrohm24 Orange Belt

17. diamond fist

diamond fist Yellow Belt

You're an idiot for thinking the nfl has "pussified" considering the recent news of brain damage and long term effects of concussions. My guess is you're a complete waste of skin with little to no athletic prowess that sits in your lazy boy pointing at the tv calling every athlete with a better life than you a pussy.

18. Irishwhiskey119

Irishwhiskey119 Banned Banned

I love how there is always some idiot to chime in like this.

OP is bringing up a great point and yes it is inevitable. As the United States locks down on sports that require pure violence you will see rise in other sports and other leagues in other countries. We'll just need to keep our eyes open for alternatives.

It's pretty sad how many pussies exist in america now. I'm afraid it's only going to get worse. Get your passports ready!

19. rafa_baldo

rafa_baldo Black Belt

i've never seen people calling for the banning of kicks...

20. amg

amg White Belt

Imagine the MMA banning the following

Kicks: Since kicks has more power than punch
    Takedowns: It is very brutal for the person in the bottom to take GNP punches
    Submissions: It causes broken bones

After banning those things, they will also use bigger gloves since smaller gloves hurts more. They will also use traditional boxing ring since the octagon has metal cages which connotes more brutal environment for fighters.