With the likes of bare knuckle boxing etc about, would a 2v1 mma fight be out of the question?

clivers

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Hear me out, what if 2 lower ranked 125s fought against someone like Jon Jones?

It would be a crazy spectacle even if they did it just as a one off one time. Imagine he ended up finishing them both the kind of exposure and news coverage it would get?

A handicap match is pretty barbaric

Lets start with trying to sanction a triple threat

Ngannou vs. Tony Ferguson and Khabib. I'd watch.

2 trained 125lbers would beat any HW or LHW in the UFC. All you need is one guy in the front and the other guy to jump on their back from behind and go for a choke. You can't defend a choke and also deal with a guy in front of you

WelloffPassionateJunco-size_restricted.gif

No AC would sanction 2v1

Why not? How is any more dangerous than 1v1 if there's a ref there and it's normal mma rules, sure it would be over quick most likely but it doesn't mean it wouldn't be fun.

Why not? How is any more dangerous than 1v1 if there's a ref there and it's normal mma rules, sure it would be over quick most likely but it doesn't mean it wouldn't be fun.
-Normal MMA rules are made for 1v1 fights
-People would consider this barbaric
And a takedown would give the 2 fighters too much advantage

-Normal MMA rules are made for 1v1 fights
-People would consider this barbaric
And a takedown would give the 2 fighters too much advantage

Not anymore barbaric than bare knuckle boxing, and i think youd be surprised depending on the match up, would you favour 2 cm punks vs a DC?

Its going to happen someday.

Could always do the lighter weight p4ps vs a HW. Let them prove they are p4p the best.

I have heard of 2v2 and more team fights, which eventually become multiple v 1. Two guys from my gym were gonna do a 2v2 fight like 5 years ago, but their opponents dropped out.

Hear me out, what if 2 lower ranked 125s fought against someone like Jon Jones?

It would be a crazy spectacle even if they did it just as a one off one time. Imagine he ended up finishing them both the kind of exposure and news coverage it would get?
You're gonna get a lot of heat for suggesting this but it's been done and so have a few more gimmick matches.

2 vs 1 MMA (everyone is the SAME SIZE)

Man vs Woman MMA

One hand tied (this is actually a boxing match not MMA)

Disabled fighters (Garrett Holeve has downs syndrome and David Steffan has cerebral palsy.)

Disabled fight (Kyle Maynard has NO FUCKING ARMS OR LEGS!)

Tag Team MMA

3 vs 3 MMA

5 vs 5 MMA

Medieval MMA

Armwrestling MMA

Lets start with trying to sanction a triple threat
It's been done!

Triple threat MMA

Last edited:
Only 2v1 I'm interesting in is MM and Cejudo vs Ngannou to get this age old question out of the way

they already let nick newell fight who is at a massive physical disadvantage

i say 2v1 with PRIDE rules, BOOK IT DANA

Dude would probably lose to just one of them two. He would die vs both of them

LOL Ngannu sons either of them in less than a minute...that being said the 2 of them combined would most likely beat him (unless one gets KO'd really quickly cause their striking defence isn't great).

Back