Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

With child on way, Snowden to apply for Russian CITIZENSHIP

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by phoenixikki, Nov 2, 2020.

1. phoenixikki Black Belt

[​IMG]

Edward Snowden has announced he will apply for Russian citizenship. The exiled American whistleblower has explained that he wants to ensure his son doesn’t ever have to live separately from his family and without a permanent home.
    Snowden himself has existed in a legal limbo since 2013: Still a US citizen, but without a passport, and residing in Russia on temporary residence permits. Another possible factor in his application might be the fact that Russian law prohibits the extradition of the country's citizens to foreign countries.

“After years of separation from our parents, my wife and I have no desire to be separated from our son,” the former CIA and NSA contractor wrote in a series of tweets on Saturday.

[​IMG]

"That's why, in this era of pandemics and closed borders, we're applying for dual US-Russian citizenship."

“Lindsay and I will remain Americans, raising our son with all the values of the America we love – including the freedom to speak his mind,” Snowden added. “Our greatest wish is that, wherever our son lives, he feels at home.”

“Lindsay and I will remain Americans, raising our son with all the values of the America we love – including the freedom to speak his mind,” Snowden added. “Our greatest wish is that, wherever our son lives, he feels at home.”

The surprise announcement, which is poised to galvanize critics demanding he be tried for "treason," comes days after Snowden and his wife Lindsay revealed they are expecting their first child – who will receive Russian citizenship when born.

Continue reading

It's a shame that a real American hero has to seek refuge in another country while traitors like Hillary Clinton, Biden, Comey and other walk freely. But who knows maybe after Trump wins he finally pardons him. Whichever the case, history will redeem Snowden in the end.

2. Hadron90 Red Belt

Snowden is a hero.
    He is also a criminal.
    I'm glad he leaked what he leaked, but I also oppose a pardon for him.

3. ViD Purple Belt

All good. He’s joining Steven Seagal and Roy Jones Jr

Chesten_Hesten likes this.
  4. blaseblah Steel Belt

Trump isn't gonna do anything, pardoning Snowden would've been one of the most obvious ways to raise his stock before the election and he didn't.

bufetadanacara likes this.