With all the talk that Hendricks is doing

Mikeyz

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
About wanting a TS and his claims that he's a big threat to GSP's title because of his left hand, is he putting himself in a must win situation here?

Like, let's just say that he fights GSP and gets completely outclassed (like Fitch and Koscheck 2 for example) Can you see Dana holding a grudge and relegating him to gatekeeper status?

No. He's an exciting fighter who knocks people out. Dana "held a grudge" against Fitch because he's boring and Kos has already lost to the champ twice.

I wouldn't see Dana holding a grudge, but most people who lose a title shot get do get put into a gatekeeper position. It's nothing personal, that's just the way it works out a lot of times. They had their chance and came up short, very few will be given another shot at the title, so that's where they end up.

No. He's an exciting fighter who knocks people out. Dana "held a grudge" against Fitch because he's boring and Kos has already lost to the champ twice.

Pretty much.

Fitch's 3 most exciting fights imo are Hendricks,Silva,GSP...2 of them losses.

I wouldn't see Dana holding a grudge, but most people who lose a title shot get do get put into a gatekeeper position. It's nothing personal, that's just the way it works out a lot of times. They had their chance and came up short, very few will be given another shot at the title, so that's where they end up.

^This

That and the video game thing.

He didnt put himself in a must win situation, the UFC did.

He's more than earned a title shot and now he has to face someone else to secure it. He must win.

I don't dislike Hendricks for talking right now, the guy's on a tear and needs to be doing what he can to get the attention he deserves. I find it unlikely that Dana will take anything personally should he lose a title fight.

Sonnen talked a lot of shit and lost twice.

Dana then gave him another shot because he talked a lot of shit.

So no, Dana will probably not hate him for selling the fight.

Here's what we know TS:

He beat three top ten fighters in a row.

you know who the last guy was in the WW division to do that? Thiago Alves.

hes good

agree diaz is first but hendrix will take care of ellenberger, improve his resume, and make it criminal not to be next in line for gsp

No , he said he deserved the title shot and Diaz didn't and also said he wouldn't fight unless it was for the title . But when it came down to it he accepted another fight and he fell in line like a good little soldier under the reign of the tyrant Dana white

Back