With a win over Arlovski..

Cj Bernauer

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Could Mir fight Werdum? If so, how does that fight go?
Would Mir tango with Werdum's BJJ or would he stick to standing with him? I'd have to think Werdum would destroy him on the feet.

Mir in a title fight would have to be the biggest joke ever.

With the way Mir get's title shots, he could lose to Arlovski, Arlovski get injured, and Mir somehow get to fight Werdum

Mir in a title fight would have to be the biggest joke ever.

Not sure I follow you here.

A.A. is on a 3 fight UFC winning streak, and IMO deserves the title shot right now. With that said, and IF Mir can take out A.A., Frank will have taken A.A.'s spot, and moved into best winning streak in the UFC HW division.

They will have BOTH beaten a similar opponent in similar fashion in Bigfoot.
A Schaub win vs. a Duffee win (close in general, but Mir's win far more impressive)

That leaves Travis Browne win for A.A.'s third win in his streak. Again "IF" Mir beast A.A. then his third fight in the current streak would also be superior to A.A.'s ended 3 fight win streak.

What, do you live at sea-level or something?:icon_chee

Not sure I follow you here.

A.A. is on a 3 fight UFC winning streak, and IMO deserves the title shot right now. With that said, and IF Mir can take out A.A., Frank will have taken A.A.'s spot, and moved into best winning streak in the UFC HW division.

They will have BOTH beaten a similar opponent in similar fashion in Bigfoot.
A Schaub win vs. a Duffee win (close in general, but Mir's win far more impressive)

That leaves Travis Browne win for A.A.'s third win in his streak. Again "IF" Mir beast A.A. then his third fight in the current streak would also be superior to A.A.'s ended 3 fight win streak.

What, do you live at sea-level or something?:icon_chee

8 months ago, people were literally laughing at Mir, and had been so for a couple of years. 8 months ago, if you had said: this guy is gonna fight for the belt, people would have been looking at you like they would be looking at me if I told you right now: Big Nog is getting a title shot in 2017.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: good for Mir, and it's not that he's the joke per se. But I know I'll be laughing my ass off if he gets a title shot.

Last edited:
8 months ago, people were literally laughing at Mir, and had been so for a couple of years. 8 months ago, if you had said: this guy is gonna fight for the belt, people would have been looking at you like they would be looking at me if I told you right now: Big Nog is getting a title shot in 2017.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: good for Mir, and it's not that he's the joke per se. But I know I'll be laughing my ass of if he gets a title shot.

Well, a couple of "good" things here.

- I love the fight, even if it makes absolutely no sense to me at this time. I'm pshyked.
- I do seriously favor A.A. by the way, but again Mir has power, and a ground advantage over AA Sambo and it is extremely interesting.
- While I do favor A.A. the "title" nod over Miocic at this time, some other fans don't. Another win for 4 in a row would solidify the shot for A.A. for many if not most others.

IMO BOTH Miocic and Velasquez NEED to start to actively compete. I hate when a guy that sits out for the better part of a year gets the shot at the title is my biggest "issue".

GOAT Cain takes two years off, and makes a mockery of the HW division. He'll no doubt take another year long hiatus and get an immediate title shot at his leisure pooping burrito on the contenders as he leapfrogs them for a sea level cjampionship fight.

Sorry, rant over, I just love it when HW's fight more that twice a year. An extreme rarity these days.

mir def deserves the shot with a win over arlovski

he is a big draw and is usually in exciting fights

i think he would ko werdum

If Mir wins, I'd give him the shot, he'd deserve a final crack. I think Werdum smashes him but he still deserves a shot if he beats AA.

Back