With a win on Saturday, P4P where would you rank Cormier?

EJRMAN513

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
If you're not a fan in/don't believe in rankings that's fine, don't reply.

Although I don't know if I'd put him there if he wins on Saturday I can see an argument to be made that he'll be #1 P4P fighter in the world.

Let's look at the facts:
*He's fought and never lost at HW or LHW(hasn't even lost a round)
*His wins at Heavyweight include current UFC HW Soa Palelei, Jeff Monson, current top 10/15 HWs Antonio Silva, Josh Barnett, Roy Nelson and HW legend Frank Mir.
*His main accomplishment at HW was winning the Strikeforce HW Grand Prix that he entered as a late replacement and other than the fact Alistair withdrew, the level of competition in the tournament was pretty legit.
*With a win on Saturday he'll have wins at LHW over MMA legend Dan Henderson and the current #1 P4P fighter and LHW GOAT Jon Jones along, with becoming the LHW champion.

Those are some pretty impressive facts if you ask me but like I said, even with a win on Saturday I still hold some hesitation in ranking him the #1 P4P fighter until he has a couple more wins but I don't know. What says you Sherdog?

Aldo #1, Jones or Cormier #2 or #3, and whatever else is whatever it is is fine with me.

Weidman isn't #1 so why would cormier be

p4p rankings are just there so Dana is able to say that the best fighter is fighting in every single main event.

He's not passing up Aldo, Weidman, DJ, Pettis, or Cain.

6 would be fitting. Defends the belt against Bones in the rematch, and wins, can easily make a case for #2-3. Beating Bones twice > anything any champ has ever done (very debatable, I'm just hyped right now, leave me alone), but Aldo gets the OG respect. Dude's been doing it for the longest, and looking spectacular.

1. Aldo
2. Mighty Mouse
3. DC
4. Pettis
somewhere outside the top 10 Jones since he beat a lot of middle weights

1. Me
2. DC
3. Aldo
4. Jones
-
-
-

I only say he can't be #1 because of his LHW resume. Cummins, Hendo, Jones doesn't beat out Silva x2, Machida, or, JDS x2, Brock, Big Nog, or, Bendo x2, Melendez, Cerrone, or, everyone on Aldo's resume, and DJ's long ass reign.

Jones x2 is a completely different story though. That's as good as a resume gets, and could be the trump card to anyone else's resume besides Aldo.

Edit: I'm a complete dumbass, and forgot about his HW wins.

Damn, you can easily make a case that he's #1 P4P if he beats Jones. Barnett, Bigfoot, Jones, Hendo, Nelson, Mir, Nelson(?).

Depending on the way he wins:

A close decision, I put Aldo #1, DC #2, and Jones #3

A clear decision or stoppage I put DC #1 absolutely. He beat the possible GOAT convincingly or absolutely, and is undefeated and has won most of his fights at the weight class above what he's at now against top level guys.

If DC wins then I'd have it.

Aldo
Weidman
Jones
DC

Mighty mouse should be in there too i just don't watch many of his fights. Cain has been inactive for far too long.

6-9 range

Really? Who would you put in front of him?

I already have him around 6th or 7th.

Jones
Aldo
Cain
Weidman
MM
DC>>>>>>>>>>>
Pettis

He's an undefeated HW with LHW size. I think his resume is better than Hendricks, Lawler, MM, and Dillashaw.

I'd have to say #3 [If it's dominant]

Aldo
Weidman
Cormier
Jones

If it's a close SD win I would still probably rank him below Jones.

Really? Who would you put in front of him?

I already have him around 6th or 7th.

Jones
Aldo
Cain
Weidman
MM
DC>>>>>>>>>>>
Pettis

He's an undefeated HW with LHW size. I think his resume is better than Hendricks, Lawler, MM, and Dillashaw.

You can't have him over an established champ, because champs always fight the #1 contender. It doesn't matter what name MM fights. He continually fights the #1 guy in his division each time out. Have to respect the champs. Ronda is female, and that shouldn't count in male rankings. Hendricks, and Lawler have a case of being equal or better than DC's resume, Dillashaw is intriguing, but not deep enough to be in contention.

And how can you have DC > Pettis? Pettis beat the champ, AND defended against a #1 guy in Melendez.

I love me some DC, but you gotta respect champions, and defending against #1 contenders.

I don't put Barnett > a Bendo win. I don't put Bigfoot over a Melendez win.

If DC beat Cain, then JDS, that's a completely different story. Dude's already in the top 3.

I admit to being a bit too drunk and high to be posting things online, but in my opinion (as it stands "for now"), the rankings if DC beat jones would be:

Jose Aldo
Jon Jones
Anderson Silva
Demetrious Johnson
Cain Velasquez
Chris Weidman
TJ Dillashaw
Daniel Cormier
Renan Barao
Robbie Lawler

EDIT: I DID just realize I didn't have Pettis in there, but I would switch him out with Robbie Lawler if asked. The bottom 2 and "11" could be interchanged, IMO, with pretty much every list.

I admit to being a bit too drunk and high to be posting things online, but in my opinion (as it stands "for now"), the rankings would be:

Jose Aldo
Jon Jones
Anderson Silva
Demetrious Johnson
Cain Velasquez
Chris Weidman
TJ Dillashaw
Daniel Cormier
Renan Barao
Robbie Lawler

You certainly are high if you neglected R3. Sober up and come back later.

Back