With 4 seconds left Rosenstiuck would not have had time to follow up with strikes on Overeem

WHen the referee stopped the fight, the round was over. One of the weirdest fight stoppages ever., its not like there was another round after the 5th. The Reem got robbed. He should appeal this loss.

Masvidal was actually facing his opponent. Rozen had his back turned. It would have taken the ref perhaps the entire four seconds to alert Rozen that the fight was not stopped.

Masvidal is 170. Rozen is a HW.

Masvidal just started the fight. Rozen was in there for almost 25 minutes.

To say that Rozen would have covered the same distance as fast as Masvidal under these differing circumstances is hard to believe.
Your consept of time and when the fight stopped is wrong.
Rozenstruik doesn’t need to cover any distance. Dan stopped the fight while he's running and yelling stop. At 4:56 if the fight isn't called Rozenstruik is standing over a stunned reem.
At that point you can just say let them fight on because Dan had already interfered, but Rozenstruik was definitely in place to throw.

When you're talking about is almost the full 4 later seconds.

Reem did look out on the way down so I can see why Dan stopped it. Only if Dan reffed Silva's fight. ;)
bisping-silva-knee-third-round.gif

Last edited:
Anyone questioning that stoppage quote me so I can be sure to ignore your opinions in the future.

This is not an argument about whether the stoppage was good or not. It's against the notion that Rosenstricuk would have kept on attacking if the ref had not waved off the fight.

As you can see, Rosenstricuk was on the other side of cage with his back turned and hands down. He assumed the fight would have been stopped. In his mind, there was no reason to turn around. Thus if the fight wasn't stopped the four seconds would have ticked away without him facing his opponent. Even had he realized, I doubt he could have rushed across the cage and connected cleanly with Overeem in just four seconds. Rosenstricuk could have easily lost the fight.

if you render your opponent incapable of continuing it ends the fight. it really doesn't matter where he was. overeem was a finished fighter.

that's where the debate came in. In that 4 seconds he could have landed 7 more brutal shots to Overeem's busted face... and Dan woulda been under fire for not stepping in when he was dropped.
source.gif

at this very least 2 more.. brutal uppercuts,, just watch the gif
ConventionalScrawnyEyelashpitviper-size_restricted.gif

Back