With 4 seconds left Rosenstiuck would not have had time to follow up with strikes on Overeem

You have zero clue on this topic.
You're telling me Overreem wasn't ktfo on the way down? Dan saw it right away and ran in, Roz immediately goes to load up a power shot, sees Dan rushing in and turns and walks away.

You're in denial kid

The more I watch the clip, the more I kind of side with thinking the fight should've continued.

Reem was immediately back on his feet. And although he was extremely hurt, he wasn't completely KO'd. A fighter shouldn't be allowed to call his own shot. Meaning, even if you know that man is extremely injured, you don't stop until the ref stops it. You don't walk away because you deem it fair or necessary.

Some of you call it sadistic, but that's combat sports. Hell that sports in general. Where my football players at? What did your coach tell you? You play until the ref blows the whistle! Linemen, you drive your opponent into the stands until you hear that whistle.

Let's change the scenario slightly. Let's say ol dude hit Reem, walked away Mark Hunt style, and Dan DIDN'T step in?

Personally I'd rather a fight finish like Romero vs Rockhold, then the way that fight ended on Saturday night. At least I knew Luke wasn't getting up and he was completely KO'd Reem was back on his feet and with 4 seconds left, that must suck.

Many defensive lineman that play football, typically much larger than a ufc fighter, can run 40 yards (almost half a football field) between 5-6 seconds. A lot can happen in 4 seconds
5 is extraordinarily slow. 4.55 to 4.85

5 is extraordinarily slow. 4.55 to 4.85
For a D lineman? That’s more like an average cb/wr. Some of the fastest guys in the history of the nfl run between 4.2-4.4

For a D lineman? That’s more like an average cb/wr. Some of the fastest guys in the history of the nfl run between 4.2-4.4
Montez sweat a defensive lineman ran a 4.3 last year. I promise big guy, I know what im saying here. 5 seconds is unbelievably slow and 6 doesnt happen. 4.55 to 4.85ish

Quinten William's, 320 pounder ran a 4.82. Shits is wild

Montez sweat a defensive lineman ran a 4.3 last year. I promise big guy, I know what im saying here. 5 seconds is unbelievably slow and 6 doesnt happen. 4.55 to 4.85ish
So he’s faster than Chris Johnson and Randy moss? Lol

The refs job is to watch the fighters not the clock. Dan saw his face tear apart and stopped it immediately, as he should have.

that's where the debate came in. In that 4 seconds he could have landed 7 more brutal shots to Overeem's busted face... and Dan woulda been under fire for not stepping in when he was dropped.

Except this wouldn't have happened cause Rosenstriuck already walked away before Dan did anything.

You're telling me Overreem wasn't ktfo on the way down? Dan saw it right away and ran in, Roz immediately goes to load up a power shot, sees Dan rushing in and turns and walks away.

You're in denial kid

Roz didn't see Dan, he decided to walk away by himself, watch the finish, Dan is nowhere near them and is not in a position where Roz can see him till he's already walking away.

Many defensive lineman that play football, typically much larger than a ufc fighter, can run 40 yards (almost half a football field) between 5-6 seconds. A lot can happen in 4 seconds
Maybe on High school junior varsity.

I ran a 4.9 in high school and I was not considered particularly fast.
(I eventually got down to a 4.7 in college, which was pretty good for 6’3 200lbs)

There are NFL guys who run the 40 in 4.3 seconds.

My HS track coach said he ran a 4.125 40 in his prime. I never saw him do it but I did see him absolutely smoke our best sprinters (including kids who were all-County) in a 100 yard dash when he was 40 years old.

You don't give someone an extra 10 seconds to finish a choke they "definitely" would have finished. You don't let someone have a other 5 seconds just because you think they should get a decision win. He got absolutely thumped and his face exploded. It is unfortunate timing for Overeem but the fight was over.

If Masvidal can land a flying knee in 3 seconds from all the way across the cage, than I'm pretty sure 4 seconds is plenty long enough for a follow up.

that's where the debate came in. In that 4 seconds he could have landed 7 more brutal shots to Overeem's busted face... and Dan woulda been under fire for not stepping in when he was dropped.
Well, the thing is he stopped before Miragliotta got there and thought it was a walk off KO which it wasn't. I respect that he didn't want to hit on someone who was out, but in this case he wasn't completely out of it. If we ignore the 4 seconds left - had Rosenstiuck started to GNP Overeem immediately after, the fight would have been called in seconds. The thing is he didn't go for GNP and although Overeem clearly was not going to last long, breaking it off when he was able to stand up made no sense at all. Not necessarily a bad stoppage and not necessarily a good one either. To me it was similar to Silva vs Bisping - Bisping was down but not completely out of it and had Silva decided to go for GNP the fight would have been over but he didn't.

It's pretty funny to see so many people struggle with Rozenstruik's last name.

Back