With 4 seconds left Rosenstiuck would not have had time to follow up with strikes on Overeem

If we all look closely here..
Reem is unconscious,
Dan starts running,
Dan yells "stop"
Rozen looks at Dan,
Dan taps him also signaling the end of the fight.
Rozen walks off.
Reem tries to stand.

If Dan doesn't yell and tap Rozen he probably gnp reem into hamburger.
This is not an argument about whether the stoppage was good or not. It's against the notion that Rosenstricuk would have kept on attacking if the ref had not waved off the fight.

As you can see, Rosenstricuk was on the other side of cage with his back turned and hands down. He assumed the fight would have been stopped. In his mind, there was no reason to turn around. Thus if the fight wasn't stopped the four seconds would have ticked away without him facing his opponent. Even had he realized, I doubt he could have rushed across the cage and connected cleanly with Overeem in just four seconds. Rosenstricuk could have easily lost the fight.

I posted that in another thread but you're timeline is off Dan had stopped the fight long before that. That was Dan letting Reem know he already called it in a way his dazed mind could understand.

Rozen stops because dan told him too, not some early showboating.

Last edited:
He was hurt already before the final blow hit. It's his own fault for getting pearl harbored like that right before the end.
Yeah, and he was getting beat up the entire 4th and fifth. He was clearly gassed and dropped his hands for the first time in the whole fight and got falcon punched down the pipeline. It’s not like he was piecing up rozen and slipped or something

one knockout doesn't make a round 10-7 , not even in boxing

ref probably shouldn't of stood back up in retrospect and stayed on his back / guard position
Lemme refresh your memory....
giphy.gif

That right there was a 10-5.

This is MMA's version of Chavez vs Taylor.
I agree w that stoppage too,but because of the standing count that was a bit different. Meldrick did not really answer the referees questions.

Overeem got melted and then turned into shredded beef after.

Many defensive lineman that play football, typically much larger than a ufc fighter, can run 40 yards (almost half a football field) between 5-6 seconds. A lot can happen in 4 seconds
That's because they're A level athletes!
Rosenstiuck being a D level athlete wouldn't have made it across half the octagon.

That's because they're A level athletes!
Rosenstiuck being a D level athlete wouldn't have made it across half the octagon.
Bro most lineman have 100 pounds on him of course he could

that's where the debate came in. In that 4 seconds he could have landed 7 more brutal shots to Overeem's busted face... and Dan woulda been under fire for not stepping in when he was dropped.

But Dan didn't step in what Reem was dropped.

That's the point so many people are trying to make. He doesn't see the punch and drop and think, "This fight is over." He waves it off AFTER Rozy walks away and AFTER Reem gets up.

If Rozy starts to come in and punch, then Dan NEEDS to come in and stop it if Reem can't defend himself.

If I'm the ref and Rozy walks away, as he did and Reem is getting back up, I don't stop the fight.

Reem was absolutely done boys he was ktfo when he hit the ground he woke back up.

The only people upset about the stoppage are Reem fans.

I posted that in another thread but you're timeline is off Dan had stopped the fight long before that. That was Dan letting Reem know he already called it in a way his dazed mind could understand.

Rozen stops because dan told him too, not some early showboating.

Exactly! You can even see him yell when he ran in.

That's the point so many people are trying to make. He doesn't see the punch and drop and think, "This fight is over." He waves it off AFTER Rozy walks away and AFTER Reem gets up.

If Rozy starts to come in and punch, then Dan NEEDS to come in and stop it if Reem can't defend himself.

If I'm the ref and Rozy walks away, as he did and Reem is getting back up, I don't stop the fight.
Good thing you're not a ref because Reem was legit Koed.

When his ass hits the canvas it wakes him back up.

But he did stop it. Look at @Mmmmmmma1234 video above.

Reem going to have a Phoenix scar the rest of his life.

How does Reem always stay classy? Even after this? Man o man. Huge respect. Fck what the haters say. Dude is 40 and a true warrior. Everybody who steps in that cage is. However doing that shit for 23 years and still facing the best.

On that note... Even though he would have won the fight were it not for the last seconds... I hope he stops fighting soon... Can't see much more horrific shit like this... He has been out of his prime for years and years.

He made a mistake by doing a Hunt walk off homerun when he had ample time to connect a solid follow up for lights out no debate finish.

Back