Witching Hour/Crazy creepy experience

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by saugeye killah, May 20, 2014.

1. saugeye killah

saugeye killah No need rope hold up pants.

This just happened to me tonight. I know there was another thread about this, and maybe I can merge it later or something, but WOW. I just got some creepy ass vibes. I'm almost certain this won't translate as well into text, but I'll do my best to convey what happened and how it felt.

It's 3:27 where I am right now. Things started to get weird about 2:30 come to think of it.

I was up late trying to finish some stuff. I was putting the first color coat on my daughter's guitar. A thought flashed through my head "wouldn't that suck if a mosquito came up and flew right into the paint?" I did two coats, taking five minute breaks between them. I went to do the third (possibly final) coat of white which I'll be putting purple over (it's a three stripe design), and son-of-a-bitch! A fucking mosquito has flown right into the wet paint on the guitar. Couldn't have been stranger timing, I swear on my mother.

I got kind of panicky at first and spread the problem a little more than I could have probably. I got the mosquito and his guts basically out of the paint but made some atrocious cosmetic problems with the texture in about a three inch area now. Anyway, runny/messed up spot not withstanding I did two more coats and I figure it's not a big deal. I'll just wait a day, lightly sand that area and redo a couple coats. Big deal, It's a couple days and an extra can of paint.

I come inside and eat some chips, look at stuff on the computer. Go up to fall asleep to the living room TV. WTF is going on here?? The cable box is showing all "8888" and keeps rebooting, over and over every minute. Never making any progress. I consider calling tech support but it's too late, and now I've already taken my ambien to boot. After a couple menial attempts at unplugging this and that, nothing's helping and I decide that I'll deal with it in the morning. Fine.

As I walk back through the kitchen, now there's an ENORMOUS mosquito flying through. Huge, like it was sending me a message "Hey, remember me! I fucked up your paint on the guitar!" I kill the huge mosquito with a few paper towels and throw him in the trash. Ugh. Fuck this, is what I'm starting to feel now.

I decide I'm not helping things, best to just lay down and go to sleep. I accidentally lay on the dog who I forgot was in my spot. I pick her up and put her down, she does her little "shaking it out" routine and leaves our room to head to the kids room, where she usually sleeps under their bed.

I lay down and start my ritual of putting on headphones to listen to something while I'm falling asleep but notice the consistent flashing of the TV rebooting from the next room. It's irritating enough that I look up at the glare it's flashing on the wall in the hallway outside our bedroom. As I'm looking at this, I notice the door to our bedroom which is cracked is noticeably, visibly closing on it's own. Is there a breeze? Maybe. Whatever the deal is, it's closing at a very slow, deliberate but easily noticeable pace.

[edit] I remember now watching the door and literally thinking, "this fucking door is about to SLAM shut at any second, Paranormal Activity" style. That thought bothered me enough to get me reluctantly out of bed and to turn on the lights, move the door myself...Make things seem normal again by interacting with them. [/edit]

At this point for whatever reason, I'm starting to get fucking freaked out. I spend about 5-10 seconds thinking this over and realize that I'm not falling asleep in that room anytime soon. Fuck it, I get up come down here and decide to share this strange story with you. It's now 3:44 as I'm wrapping this up.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. Could be me just getting real loopy as I'm working past when I should or something. Mind is tired but the body still wants to go kind of thing. Almost nothing I said isn't something that couldn't be easily explained. But it's the COMBINATION of them in very close proximity to each other, the time of night; all that stuff. It adds up to creepy stew if you ask me. It didn't feel right.

I'll always wonder...How much of that shit is in my head, and how much if/any of it is something "supernatural" perhaps?

Think I'll fire up a smoke and think about it some more while I refigure my sleeping arrangements. Bedroom=out probably. Living room= out definitely.

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  2. Jing

Jing Black Belt

Ambien will fuck your shit up. My buddy took one in tijuana and ended up on the wrong end of a donkey show.

3. MortalWombat

MortalWombat Vombatus Sherdoggus

Don't investigate the basement, that's my advice. Never ends well for sherdoggers.

4. Archon

Archon Green Belt

Chill out
    Overreacting a bit
    Its not as bad as you make it out to be

5. Flash_Monsta

Flash_Monsta Black Belt

cliffs.

Mozzie flys into paint. - so what
    Mozzie in the kitchen - So what
    TV is trying to reboot, or something. - So what
    Door is moving slightly - could be anything, dog would have kicked off if it was something. So what.

Story was crap. Go to sleep TS.

6. MortalWombat

"So what". That's what they said about signs in the basement. Next thing we know, Ronnie's DEAD.

Watch out, TS. Don't mess with this stuff, it never leads to any good.

7. DownwardStrike

DownwardStrike Purple Belt

It's all in your head. Until it isn't.

8. Horus

Horus Green Belt

This is your story? Seriously?

9. Flash_Monsta

Flash_Monsta Black Belt

I was expecting some awesome freaky story that'll make my imagination go insane.

You know what's a really good creepy story, The smiling man. The short youtube video spoilt it a little for me, because it wasn't as creepy as I pictured it in my head.

10. movingparts

movingparts Banned Banned

Foresight from a perception then some dat universal average.

Not so much a presentiment, though.

11. Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo Okay USA Platinum Member

tell your psychiatrist to change your prescription

12. MusterX

MusterX Titanium Belt

2am to 4am is the worst time of night for that sort of thing, 3am being the so called "witching hour" or "Devil's Hour" In the occult it is the deepest part of night and the most active for paranormal activity. It's also the anti-trinity because Jesus was crucified or died at 3pm, so yea, 3am, its the worst for these sorts of things.

13. Flash_Monsta

Flash_Monsta Black Belt

If you're superstitious and gullible.

14. Joe Wong

Joe Wong Gold Belt Banned

I really don't believe in most paranormal stuff but I do find I a lot of it creepy, especially demonic stuff. You won't catch me fuckin with that.

If I wake up having to pee and it's 3-4 my mind will start thinking about a bunch of horrible crap.

15. MortalWombat

Relax, you lot. None of this happened. saugeye is asleep and dreamt all of this.

16. Yellowking

Yellowking Purple Belt

You've been caught in an alternate dimension. I'm here to save you

17. Rob Battisti

Rob Battisti HR for HR

All I got out of that was Ambien and a Mosquito

18. CO68

CO68 Silver Belt

OP is paranoid. Get a good night of sleep and you should wake far less paranoid.

19. saugeye killah

saugeye killah No need rope hold up pants.

Sorry. That was weird.

Not sure what was going on there. I'm still up from that too. Had to stay up through the day to not f up my work schedule tomorrow. Awful. I turned what could have been two awesome days off into on shitty really long day.

20. Kadafi

Kadafi ™️️