Television Witcher S2 semi spoiler question

Frode Falch

Steel Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Four episode into S2 and i got a simple question: is this gonna turn into the yennifer show again?

Because after two good opening episodes, the 3rd and 4th episode seem to be going the wrong way.

<LikeReally5>

I felt like she was slightly less of a focus than in the 1st series, but still very much 1/3 of the trio of main characters.

I felt like she was slightly less of a focus than in the 1st series, but still very much 1/3 of the trio of main characters.
Sounds pretty much the same as the books then.

It's weird when actresses go nude in season 1 and then never go nude again.

Sounds pretty much the same as the books then.
Not read them, plan to at some point, I figure based on the games which supposedly follow that at some point she becomes less of a focus though.

Not read them, plan to at some point, I figure based on the games which supposedly follow that at some point she becomes less of a focus though.
The books are, for the most part, the story of the three of them. I haven't played the games so I'm not sure how closely they follow.

Season 2 was a bit disappointing to be honest.

Production value was up big time but story just kinda meanders.

Wasn't a fan of the random weird monsters they add when they have a legit menagerie of actual monsters to choose from.

The bruxa was cool, the others were just OK.

Also I feel the other witchers are kind of jobbers over all.

Too much focus on Yennifer too.

The books are, for the most part, the story of the three of them. I haven't played the games so I'm not sure how closely they follow.
Interesting, I didn't know that.. I thought for some reason it was mostly short stories from Geralts perspective.. I wasn't even certain for a while in the games whether Triss was more of a main character than Yen.

Was annoying to have focus on Yennefer when she couldn't even use her magic. What fun is that? The season definitely lacked a cool climax like the first one featured, but the mustelid monsters at the end were pretty cool.

Interesting, I didn't know that.. I thought for some reason it was mostly short stories from Geralts perspective.. I wasn't even certain for a while in the games whether Triss was more of a main character than Yen.
In a roundabout way I would say that Ciri is actually the main character.

All I know is Elvish cornrows is a hairstyle that is soooo 12th century gothic.

Just like Andrzej Sapkowski envisioned.

In a roundabout way I would say that Ciri is actually the main character.

Idk if it's loyal to the books or just lazy writing how these characters' paths magically converge with one another.

Idk if it's loyal to the books or just lazy writing how these characters' paths magically converge with one another.

Dunno about the books, but in Witcher 3 Yen is that on again off again ex girlfriend who disappears with no real notice, then randomly shows up for a booty call and to let you know that everything in the world is going to shit. Once you help her out and hook up with her, bam she's gone again.

Then you'll be travelling in another nation and Yen's hanging out with the king there when you walk in.

Pretty standard.

The first two books are the short stories. That was season 1 and episode 1 of season 2. Now they are on the main story which is a 5 part book series. And yeah, the 3 of them are pretty much the 3 main characters it follows.

Also, I don't understand the politics of the Brotherhood. They are mages who are trained to be supporters of a ruler of a kingdom who war against each other but are kind of neutral to each other?

I'm watching the finale now.

Possessed Ciri killed a bunch of Witchers whose numbers are dwindling.

Witchers: mmmkay

The writers have done a good job of making Team W look incompetent.

Yennefer lost her mojo. Ciri is possessed. The Elves have low fertility and high infant mortality rate. What? This episode is all over the place.

Was annoying to have focus on Yennefer when she couldn't even use her magic. What fun is that? The season definitely lacked a cool climax like the first one featured, but the mustelid monsters at the end were pretty cool.

One of the most annoying things they do in TV is take away someone's powers. Other super hero tv shows and things like that have done it and it's never good. As soon as I saw that happen to Yennefer I realized I wouldn't give a shit about her this season and I knew I'd have to wait until the end of the season for her to get them back.

One of the most annoying things they do in TV is take away someone's powers. Other super hero tv shows and things like that have done it and it's never good. As soon as I saw that happen to Yennefer I realized I wouldn't give a shit about her this season and I knew I'd have to wait until the end of the season for her to get them back.
Feel exactly the same. It was obvious from a mile away what the season would be about. Had exactly zero interest in her scenes from that point hence.

Back