Multiplatform Official Next-gen WITCHER 3 Discussion

At this point I don't know if I'm ever going to play Cyberpunk. I bought it for $10 on PS4 just so I could get the free PS5 upgrade but it's going to get lost in the shuffle of new games at this rate.

Development has been brought in-house after being worked on by Saber Interactive and now has been indefinitely delayed

Jfc this company
I don't know what JFC stands for but I presume it's negative; therefore, I approve. <Lmaoo> Seriously, and I said this last year, these cats are all creative talent and a big, fat L on execution – naught has changed. Persistent issues like these are a trickle-down from top, so I'm thinking studio director need go and a project-prioritising, calendar-thumping teams whisperer brought in. Bunch of headless chickens on that farm, it looks from the outside.

I don't know what JFC stands for but I presume it's negative; therefore, I approve. <Lmaoo> Seriously, and I said this last year, these cats are all creative talent and a big, fat L on execution – naught has changed. Persistent issues like these are a trickle-down from top, so I'm thinking studio director need go and a project-prioritising, calendar-thumping teams whisperer brought in. Bunch of headless chickens on that farm, it looks from the outside.

JFC = Jesus fucking Christ iirc

Spot on. You have to wonder how long the shareholders will let these issues persist without bringing in new leadership. Can it make the situation worse, sure. But it seems to me that the current leadership isn't able to meet deadlines. At some point the confidence has to wane and bringing in better people should be considered.

So Q3 2023 it is.

Yup, that's what I'm thinking too.

This has to be the longest length of time between an announcement of a update/remaster for a 'next-gen' console to the actual release.

At least they could release a video with before/after comparison, to preview what improvements they're implementing.

Basically we know there's going to be a resolution & framerate improvements, but those were in the PC version at launch in 2015. Its not exactly a huge leap to bring those over to the XBX/PS5. Is ray-tracing that difficult to add into a game, that it takes 2+ years?

Are they updating the textures? Because I've played Resident Evil 4 on PC, and the textures hadn't been updated since the PS2 version in 2005 and they looked VERY dated.

Last edited:
Lots of anticipation online about an announcement for the specific Q4 2022 release date in the very near future.

Hopefully they'll include a trailer displaying all of the advancements.

Awesome.

Looking forward to those livestreams, and the summaries of what they improved.
Yeah man, exciting stuff.

I had started a new playthrough a few weeks ago, got past the Butcher part when things really open up. I'm holding off now until this.

I hope it doesn't break the mods I'm using though!

I hope it doesn't break the mods I'm using though!

It probably does.

Might as well continue. If your computer is a beast and you have graphical mods chances are it'll be as good now as it will be after the update.

This update may be in development for 2+ years, but I wouldn't trust they're going to be pulling any miracles like an entirely new combat system. I'm still expecting it to be a 4K/60FPS update for consoles with new textures & raytracing (because everyone really wants raytracing for some reason).

Also, hopefully they'll fix bugs that are still in the game after 7+ years, like Geralt's hair always glitching in and out of his Griffin Armor during dialogue cutscenes.

Otherwise, I'm not getting my hopes up sky high.

It probably does.

Might as well continue. If your computer is a beast and you have graphical mods chances are it'll be as good now as it will be after the update.

This update may be in development for 2+ years, but I wouldn't trust they're going to be pulling any miracles like an entirely new combat system. I'm still expecting it to be a 4K/60FPS update for consoles with new textures & raytracing (because everyone really wants raytracing for some reason).

Also, hopefully they'll fix bugs that are still in the game after 7+ years, like Geralt's hair always glitching in and out of his Griffin Armor during dialogue cutscenes.

I'm hoping the changes are more than graphical. I guess we'll know more next week. I have GOW and others to tie me over until then.

It probably does.

Mods really want me to break down and upgrade my PC. But I don't really need to.

I'm hoping the changes are more than graphical. I guess we'll know more next week. I have GOW and others to tie me over until then.

My suggestion - Don't get your hopes up too high. There's been alot of speculation of what they're going to add besides raytracing & Netflix series DLC... especially since its been in development for over 2 years.

Before I say the rest of the post, let me acknowledge I have absolutely no idea how difficult it is to add raytracing to a 2015 game, but it sounds difficult. It wouldn't surprise me if the hardware performance takes such a significant hit that neither the PS5 or SeriesX will be able to get above 30FPS with raytracing on.

Overall - given how busy CDPR has been over the last 2+ years, it wouldn't be surprising if they had only a few employees working on this update at any one time, if for months there was any work done on it at all. It wouldn't surprise me if at the beginning of the year the head-honcho of the studio had to be reminded about the promise made a year and a half ago about the next-gen update being in development, and he said...

'Ok, lets focus on doing two CP2077 updates in the first 10 months of 2022, then we'll take a dozen personelle and get them to work on the Witcher 3 update and it'll be done before Christmas.'

Or... I could be 100% WRONG... and they've had a dozen personelle working on this major overhaul of the Witcher 3 with significant improvements to every aspect of the entire game, solidifying it as the GOAT game for decades to come.

Guess we'll see when its previewed next week.

Back