Wish my nan & grandad were this cool!

*takes notes on form*

my clean form prob sucks, wish i had someone to critique it. any pointers?

Big deal. There are plenty of gay old people.

I think I've posted that video before. Very impressive to see old people, especially old women, doing something like that instead of using age as an excuse to ride around in a motorized wheel chair. Only the most rancid of assholes would make fun of them.

I was at CF yesterday.

I was doing the WOD, I just got there early for the boxing and BJJ, but I was watching the class go.

I've never seen so many partial over-head squats in my life. My snatch form was better than everyone there (that one day) and that was what really bummed me out, as I was hoping to see some awesome technique and maybe learn or talk to folks who could help me.

I'm sure the WOD, if done correctly is a nice item for cardio, and the gyms have a lot of nice gear as compared to commercial gyms, but that's all.

That said, everyone is extremely nice and you do feel as you're all on the same team, hanging out. The difference is like when you're in a squat rack squatting and there are other folks squatting and DLing near you, you feel the silent bonding that you don't feel from the scrawny college kids curling 25s in the corner.

There was a board on the wall and the max DL listed was 455. I can do 455. :-/

Back