Elections Wisconsin GOP leaders consider voting virtually while making voters go to polling places

In this thread were going to pretend Democrats wouldn't do the same thing if positions were reversed and were all going to be outraged.

Except it's the GOP that can be relied upon to attempt voter restrictive measures wherever they can.

Huh? The article talks about state senate possibly using virtual vote for legislative matters. As well, as other public operations.

I didn't see anything about public votes in the article? Are you tying this to something else? Doesn't the state offices of the DNC handle their primary voting protocols? Or is this about the GE? Because, again...public voting wasn't mentioned in that article..
This. The state Senate doesn't need to verify each person to see if they are a legitimate vote. No one read past the headline. Way to go Democrat supporters
Derp derp derp

The Republicans want people to go out and vote because they know most people, especially Democrat demographics, won't go out and vote in this current situation. The Democratic heavy urban centers like Milwaukee are the hardest hit , so people are going to be wary of getting on public transport and going into polling centers where everyone is too close , interacting with the same voting center staff.

Republicans ,generally speaking, trying to make voting as hard as they can get away with, because when voting is convenient there is a greater Democratic turnout.
Milwaukee went from 180 polling places to 5. Not a typo fucking 5. Insanity. Legit voter suppression upheld by SCOTUS.

I wanted to vote but I was on day 2 of symptoms. This fucking covid-19 shit sucks

McConnell is big on senate having to be physically present. One of the things that slowed down the first relief bill was a few Republicans were quarantined and he didn’t want to allow a way for them to vote outside of the chamber.

There is a pretty clear difference of having a legislative body vote remotely and a state do it. The logistics are far larger and more needs to be considered.

They should delay the election or come up with an alternative like mail ins. You can’t just ask people to physically show up if this isn’t fixed by that time.

This does not have anything to do with Mitch it's about President Trump talking about opening up the Country for business. Trump pushing to get the country running again.

My point is does this also mean Senate running? The last few days I seen Dr Fauci being twisted into a knot trying to come up with something to get people working again. Trump does not care about spreading of the virus not as long as wall Street is happy.

He mentioned at least 7 times about how well Wall Street responded to positive news. Andrew Yang is the first one of the major political people who ran for President who points to the dangers of restarting the economy to soon.

Trump wants people working again beginning of May this forces Dr. Fuaci to talk about risky procedures to get people back to work while numbers are climbing. We are adding over 1500 per day dying from it and Trump thinking lets get people working again.

I think this sums it up.

"
So when the state legislators could have done something to protect the general population, they just ignored it. But when it comes to themselves, they're much more safety focused.

"

It’s like here in GA where the R’s voted to allow concealed carry virtually everywhere (including college campuses) but not the State House “because people can’t be trusted.”

Democrats had primary elections in March in 23 different states lol. Even after some stars shut down.

Republicans continue to show us what absolute human trash bins they really are. Have we ever seen a more morally bankruptcy and blatantly criminal group than republicans. They can get away with it because republicans have no morals, no decency standards and the lower they go the more their supporters love them.

Their followers are either fucking retards or benefit directly from the policies. This I've seen without fail. I know someone who falls into the latter category and I shit you not, they said "We can probably start to bring the younger healthier people back to work soon". This is probably someone who has purchased houses and cars with tons of debt mind you. So they need people to go back to work and risk their lives so he can ensure he doesn't default on his loans. This is the big driver of the mess. Everything in this country is financed with debt under the guarantee of future income. No one owns their restaurant, they lease space. Their businesses themselves are financed with loans, and hardly any landlords own their buildings outright. Now the income is gone and the entire system is imploding rapidly.

Their followers are either fucking retards or benefit directly from the policies. This I've seen without fail. I know someone who falls into the latter category and I shit you not, they said "We can probably start to bring the younger healthier people back to work soon". This is probably someone who has purchased houses and cars with tons of debt mind you. So they need people to go back to work and risk their lives so he can ensure he doesn't default on his loans. This is the big driver of the mess. Everything in this country is financed with debt under the guarantee of future income. No one owns their restaurant, they lease space. Their businesses themselves are financed with loans, and hardly any landlords own their buildings outright. Now the income is gone and the entire system is imploding rapidly.

Good point. Most people are a few missed paychecks from financial ruin, and their employers aren't much more secure than they are. Back to the main thread though, I am a bit concerned, as a resident of Wisconsin, that the unchecked power of the GOP legislature is going to get people killed just to spite the governor. We saw it with the election, and I fear the next thing is to "re-open" the state before the viral danger is over. Remember, these are the same folks who enacted emergency "lame duck" legislation to take away power from the incoming governor because Scott Walker lost re-election, effectively ending democracy in the state by denying the elected governor the power to enact the agenda he was elected to enact. The irony is that these state legislators themselves wouldn't have this unchecked power were it not for gerrymandering. Their hypocrisy knows no bounds.

In this thread were going to pretend Democrats wouldn't do the same thing if positions were reversed and were all going to be outraged.

But both sides!!!!!!!

Well not both sides in reality. But both sides in the imaginary scenario in your mind!!!!!!

Oh, so now all specific problems are ok because both sides bad.

How convenient. For conservatives, constantly.
I have zero faith in the left. The right needs to clean up their shit too but if roles were reversed Dems would do the same. Don't even pretend differently. Carry on with your outrage.

"Everyone sucks, ignore everything"

The new variation of the earlier Trumper mantra "fuck everything".

I have zero faith in the left. The right needs to clean up their shit too but if roles were reversed Dems would do the same. Don't even pretend differently. Carry on with your outrage.
"If Democrats were Republicans, they'd do it too"

Well they are reversed in many places. The dems hold quite a few states. I dont see them doing this.

So, only in your mind is this both sides.

Back