Wired Playstation 5 Exclusives , new article 8/10/19

Didn’t take long for a master race chode, did it?

People like that are why I loathe PC gamers. "Muh fps!!!!! I miss out on a ton of great franchises, but look at deez framezzzzzzzzz!!!!!!"

Not a single mention of 60fps or more. I guess performance doesn't sell.

Fuck 8K, both consoles are struggling to deliver 1080p 60fps consistently today. It's hilarious.

People like that are why I loathe PC gamers. "Muh fps!!!!! I miss out on a ton of great franchises, but look at deez framezzzzzzzzz!!!!!!"
Nobody needs 120 fps, but we are talking about 60fps on consoles since Gran Turismo 1 had a hi fi mode in one track. We are waiting 22 years for it.

Nobody needs 120 fps, but we are talking about 60fps on consoles since Gran Turismo 1 had a hi fi mode in one track. We are waiting 22 years for it.

Idk maybe because I am older, frame rates mean jack shit to me. My first console was an NES for my 7th birthday in 1987. Each console generation gets better, the PS5 will be no exception. The improved loading speeds of ssds sounds like a fantastic upgrade that will have more of a direct impact on my gaming enjoyment than higher frame rates would. People who complain about the frame rates on consoles are like people who wonder why Honda Accords don't have 500 horsepower. You get what you pay for.

Idk maybe because I am older, frame rates mean jack shit to me. My first console was an NES for my 7th birthday in 1987. Each console generation gets better, the PS5 will be no exception. The improved loading speeds of ssds sounds like a fantastic upgrade that will have more of a direct impact on my gaming enjoyment than higher frame rates would. People who complain about the frame rates on consoles are like people who wonder why Honda Accords don't have 500 horsepower. You get what you pay for.
I may be older than you, I had an Atari 2600.

There's no excuse for not running at 60 fps today, like I said, the PS1 was capable of it. I honestly cannot understand how someone that has experienced 60 fps can say: 'uhhh I prefer 30". GTFO.

I may be older than you, I had an Atari 2600.

There's no excuse for not running at 60 fps today, like I said, the PS1 was capable of it. I honestly cannot understand how someone that has experienced 60 fps can say: 'uhhh I prefer 30". GTFO.

It's not that I wouldn't prefer 60 fps, it's that I don't care. Are 2 pieces of chocolate cake better than 1? Perhaps, but only marginally so. 30 fps console games are perfectly enjoyable for me.

The framelords can try to convince console gamers they are dumb, but in reality it is dumb to try to disagree with what someone finds personally acceptable/enjoyable/preferrable. It isn't like the pc master race are required to purchase a console, they can build a pc rig with all da framezzzzzz!

I've purchased the $750-850 tier GPUs for the last 7 years of gaming but I still get excited for new consoles. I did manage to completely skip the Xbox One this time around though. Halo 5 was the only game not on PC. First time I've skipped a major console since, never.

Still holding out on another Sega console...

It's not that I wouldn't prefer 60 fps, it's that I don't care. Are 2 pieces of chocolate cake better than 1? Perhaps, but only marginally so. 30 fps console games are perfectly enjoyable for me.

The framelords can try to convince console gamers they are dumb, but in reality it is dumb to try to disagree with what someone finds personally acceptable/enjoyable/preferrable. It isn't like the pc master race are required to purchase a console, they can build a pc rig with all da framezzzzzz!

Depends. You can't objectively say that 30fps is just fine because it is just plain inferior in some games and even dizzying.

GTA V and RDR2 are perfect examples. GTA V at 60fps is quite spectacular, especially when driving. It just feels fluid to point of ecstasy. At 30fps, it is slightly nauseating, especially in 1st person which is my favorite way to play. RDR2 if released on PC will be the same.

But some games are perfectly fine at 30fps. God of War for example.

Depends. You can't objectively say that 30fps is just fine because it is just plain inferior in some games and even dizzying.

GTA V and RDR2 are perfect examples. GTA V at 60fps is quite spectacular, especially when driving. It just feels fluid to point of ecstasy. At 30fps, it is slightly nauseating, especially in 1st person which is my favorite way to play. RDR2 if released on PC will be the same.

But some games are perfectly fine at 30fps. God of War for example.

Correct, it is subjective. I played both those games at 30fps for 100+ hours on consoles and they were fine for me. Sure they would be better at 60, yes 30 is inferior but that isn't my argument.

Correct, it is subjective. I played both those games at 30fps for 100+ hours on consoles and they were fine for me. Sure they would be better at 60, yes 30 is inferior but that isn't my argument.

How big was the screen and did you play in 1st person?

In the article the lead designer 'biggest grin' was caused by the introduction of an SSD to the console. SSD's are now HDD prices for demand is currently in M.2 SSD's. M.2 SSD read/write is five times faster over a Sata SSD.

How can an inclusion that started to be phased out in 2014 for a product to be released in 2020 bring jubilation?
Your thoughts arent facts.

If you're going to try to PCMasterRace, at least get what you're saying right.
M.2 is a FORM FACTOR standard. It has nothing to do with the speeds of an SSD.
This M.2 WD Blue will be no faster than this 2.5" WD Blue because the M.2 is still SATA based. You have to step up to an M.2 NVMe drive, like this WD Black to get a speed improvement.
<NightKingBringIt>

Last edited:
M.2 is a FORM FACTOR standard. Has nothing to do with the speeds of an SSD.
This M.2 WD Blue will be no faster than this 2.5" WD Blue because the M.2 is still SATA based. You have to step up to an M.2 NVMe drive, like this WD Black to get a speed improvement.
<NightKingBringIt>
No idea what any of this means but

<bball2>

M.2 is a FORM FACTOR standard. It has nothing to do with the speeds of an SSD.
<NightKingBringIt>

Oof.

ps4 owner here, they're really not missing out on much.

wait, what? so... people with $200k+ sportscars should buy honda accords because... they're missing out on the franchise?

and i'm not sure i agree that each gen gets better. the hardware is obviously newer, but the with consideration to their respective time/hardware/pc counterparts/games, i think they've been getting worse since the ps2/xbox (ps3 had great games but garbage hardware)

you don't seem to have an argument, as far as i can tell.

and it's (probably) not even a 60 fps vs 30 fps issue. i played/saw some ps4 games that couldn't sustain 20 and many that were prone to pretty bad stutters.

ps4 owner here, they're really not missing out on much.

wait, what? so... people with $200k+ sportscars should buy honda accords because... they're missing out on the franchise?

and i'm not sure i agree that each gen gets better. the hardware is obviously newer, but the with consideration to their respective time/hardware/pc counterparts/games, i think they've been getting worse since the ps2/xbox (ps3 had great games but garbage hardware)

you don't seem to have an argument, as far as i can tell.

and it's (probably) not even a 60 fps vs 30 fps issue. i played/saw some ps4 games that couldn't sustain 20 and many that were prone to pretty bad stutters.
Name all the PS4 games you played that couldn’t sustain 20 FPS.

Name all the PS4 games you played that couldn’t sustain 20 FPS.

off the top of my head:

strafe
monster hunter
gta5 in some areas

i noticed drops/choppiness with bloodborne and ds3, but i'm not sure it was that low/actual frame rate or a combo issue with loading the frames.

edit: and warframe was usually pretty bad in multiplayer, but that's kind of to be expected with the gazillion particle effects and etc. although, now that i think of it, plains of eidelon (newest area in warframe when i stopped playing) often had bad frame rates even solo.

Last edited:
off the top of my head:

strafe
monster hunter
gta5 in some areas

i noticed drops/choppiness with bloodborne and ds3, but i'm not sure it was that low/actual frame rate or a combo issue with loading the frames.
BB can go to shit in areas. MH I don’t remember dropping to anything near that bad.

It’s developer issues though, not the hardware.

Capcom got RE2make running at over 1080p at 60fps.

Im talking to someone who thinks game developers can program differently because SSD's are standard now on Playstation 5. Including different types of the M.2 slot is trivial since the 2280 won out. Its equivalent to me talking about HDD's and feeling the need to list IDE.

Im talking to someone who thinks game developers can program differently because SSD's are standard now on Playstation 5. Including different types of the M.2 slot is trivial since the 2280 won out. Its equivalent to me talking about HDD's and feeling the need to list IDE.
It’s pry best to just walk away at this point. Not even master racers like you.

Back