Wired Playstation 5 Exclusives , new article 8/10/19

I can keep my physical media for at least another decade.

<{jackyeah}>

Backward compatibility is welcome news as well.

Like i said in the reddit post. We've been using SSD's since 2009 on Pc. 2017 is when people started moving to M.2 SSD's on Pc. So welcome to last decade of gaming hardware Playstation users.

I can keep my physical media for at least another decade.

<{jackyeah}>

Backward compatibility is welcome news as well.
All I need to hear TBH. I'll probably be going back to Team Sony next gen unless Microshit does something crazy like land a Nintendo deal

I've owned every PlayStation console and unless they find a way to seriously fuck this up they will get my money again.

Like i said in the reddit post. We've been using SSD's since 2009 on Pc. 2017 is when people started moving to M.2 SSD's on Pc. So welcome to last decade of gaming hardware Playstation users.
Didn’t take long for a master race chode, did it?

Didn’t take long for a master race chode, did it?

In the article the lead designer 'biggest grin' was caused by the introduction of an SSD to the console. SSD's are now HDD prices for demand is currently in M.2 SSD's. M.2 SSD read/write is five times faster over a Sata SSD.

How can an inclusion that started to be phased out in 2014 for a product to be released in 2020 bring jubilation?

In the article the lead designer 'biggest grin' was caused by the introduction of an SSD to the console. SSD's are now HDD prices for demand is currently in M.2 SSD's. M.2 SSD read/write is five times faster over a Sata SSD.

How can an inclusion that started to be phased out in 2014 for a product to be released in 2020 bring jubilation?
I think a bigger question is, why does it matter to you?

You’re clearly not going to get one.

Re: HDD Was more to keep costs down, during development they tend to have a price to sell at in mind and want to stick to it. When the PS4 released they lost money on each console unless you bought a game with it for a little bit.

I only own digital downloads of games.

can I not play them on PS5?

Yeah don't worry about it you can still play them

I might go back to Sony next gen, guess I'll buy some cheap PS4 exclusives now, before they become memorabilia.

I think a bigger question is, why does it matter to you?

I find it comical. Its you who should be pissed.

Another issue that will come up next console generation are the TV makers current push for higher refresh rate TV's.

I find it comical. Its you who should be pissed.

Another issue that will come up next console generation are the TV makers current push for higher refresh rate TV's.
I should be pissed they’re improving on something?

Yeah, I read that and my reaction was "SSD?" And they compare with the spiderman game's loading time and they were all amazed. This one cracked me up though:

(Warning: some alphabet soup follows.)

When describing the CPU and GPU. Do they really think console gamers are that dumb that they had to put that disclaimer?

I'd be lying if I say I'm not excited though.

The big news here of course is that Cerny is confirming that Sony is tapping AMD’s latest CPU and GPU architectures for the next-generation PlayStation’s chip. On the CPU side we’re looking at 8 CPU cores based on AMD’s Zen 2 microarchitecture. This is the same CPU microarchitecture that AMD is expecting to launch in PCs mid-year, with products such as their Ryzen “Matisse” CPU and second-generation EPYC “Rome” processors. While we’re still waiting to see just how well the Zen 2 architecture performs in the real world, it’s succeeding the already very powerful Zen (1) architecture, so everyone has high expectations here and AMD seems eager to deliver on them.

Did you read the whole paragraph?

They say the SSD setup in PS5 is faster than anything currently available on PC.

PS4 was released in 2013, which means it had been in development for several years prior. SSDs, at that point, and still to this day, although they've gotten better, have a very limited lifespan of 2-3 years. It would not have been an economically feasible decision to use ssd storage given the price point and state of the technology at the time.

Furthermore, as someone else pointed out, if you actually read the article, the SSD they are introducing is a proprietary setup that is supposedly faster than anything available for PC.

We get it, PCs have better hardware, but what they don't have is the games, so 'welcome to the last decade of games' on your ultra-nukem-hardware I guess - I bet you just can't wait to play Train Simulator at 500fps and 32K resolution.

Back