Winter jacket

neverwas

bondage belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new winter jacket, the choices are Canada goose or moose knuckles. I've been seeing some bad reviews for CG stuff, from bad stitching and dodgy zips. Plus I'm seeing they're not really hounring their lifetime guarantee. The reviews for the moose knuckles stuff has been pretty good, but I'm gonna drop a lot of money on a coat, so anybody with experience of either brands, your views are sort after.

I'm in the market for a new winter jacket, the choices are Canada goose or moose knuckles. I've been seeing some bad reviews for CG stuff, from bad stitching and dodgy zips. Plus I'm seeing they're not really hounring their lifetime guarantee. The reviews for the moose knuckles stuff has been pretty good, but I'm gonna drop a lot of money on a coat, so anybody with experience of either brands, your views are sort after.
I bought a used CG Snow Mantra for a couple hundred bucks (They're like $1.5G new). You can't even wear a Snow Mantra above -20C because you'll be too warm.

I think the rest of the CG lineup is for fashion rather than function because there are many cheaper options that will keep you just as warm. My goto winter jackets are Columbia and North Face, each of which cost between $100 and $200.

My new favorite winter item is Savior electric gloves.

Last edited:
Depends where you live, homie. I’m in minnesota and only pull out my parka a few times in the winter, so I really wouldn’t recommend one as one’s only jacket in most places.

North face 1996 ftw

25035379_TNF_BLACK_3.JPG

My mate bought a Canada Goose jacket and looks like a twat because it's rarely freezing here.
Treated myself to a Berghaus goretex 3 in 1 this year though, sick of getting soaked through shite waterproofs.

I wear an Asbell wool jacket or pullover in the winter when I'm out doors. Truly a great piece of gear that isn't ludicrously expensive.

https://asbellwool.com/

Asbell is a pretty famous traditional archer, and I believe his wife sews and makes all of the wool stuff. Nice mom and pop.

If I'm just around town I like Patagonia nano puff and I still have an old heavy North Face Denali that I rock.

Havent heard of moose knuckles but i got cheapest canada goose jacket they had (like $600) and its amazing. Can wear when its relatively warm for ny winter but at same time keeps you warm when its brick out

I bought myself a Columbia winter jacket a couple of years ago. I'm happy with it.

Helly Hansen for everyday

I picked up a Wuxley Parker this past March (flash sale and I saved almost 300$) I do believe they are a newer brand - I only wore it a few times (everything shutdown in March) and it was very warm.

https://wuxly.com/collections/mens/products/elk-parka?variant=31244018778167

I also picked up a superdry jacket a few years back and that is okay - fits a bit snug.

Helly Hansen for everyday

I picked up a Wuxley Parker this past March (flash sale and I saved almost 300$) I do believe they are a newer brand - I only wore it a few times (everything shutdown in March) and it was very warm.

https://wuxly.com/collections/mens/products/elk-parka?variant=31244018778167

I also picked up a superdry jacket a few years back and that is okay - fits a bit snug.
i can't wear super dry stuff,I'm to big across the chest,back and shoulders. shame cause i like a lot the stuff they do.

Back