Winning Headgear

is the winning headgear really that muh better than those from ring to cage ect? iv owned a pair of winning gloves before but havent tried its headgear i had rival headgear i didnt really like it very much im stuck between winning ring to cage or top boxer atm

if the winning is a significant different then i dont mind paying the extra 100 dollars for it but not for a minor improvement

is the winning headgear really that muh better than those from ring to cage ect? iv owned a pair of winning gloves before but havent tried its headgear i had rival headgear i didnt really like it very much im stuck between winning ring to cage or top boxer atm

if the winning is a significant different then i dont mind paying the extra 100 dollars for it but not for a minor improvement

Apparently the Topboxer and UMA copies are pretty close to the real thing. They might actually be indistinguishable in a blind trials. No one has done such a thing, though.

the weight seems to be the biggest thing. as lots of good headgears can weigh up to 20oz vs winnings can be around 12 oz or so

the weight seems to be the biggest thing. as lots of good headgears can weigh up to 20oz vs winnings can be around 12 oz or so

I have the Winning FG2900 and it's very light. I'm not sure how the TopBoxer and UMA clones compare in that regard, but I think they're very light also.

Currently in the market for a top of the line headgear, and of course most of the fingers point to Winning. Figured I only have one head and brain so I should protect it the best as possible.

Anyways I've been looking at the Winning FG-2900 and the FG-2300 (not a fan of bars because of limited visibility. Is there any testing to know that Winning is the best or is it the sheer quality of them? Anyone have either of those?

Other questions I have are how do you measure your head size, do I literally just take a tape-measure and wrap it around my head?

Final question (kinda dumb), is Winning a rich douchey brand because I do not want to give off those vibes when walking into a new gym to spar, and personally, I have yet to see a Winning headgear.

Thank you!
Lol while there may be some ‘rich douchey’ things you could bring to the gym (I don’t know like a Gucci embroidered gym bag or something I don’t really care about these things) but protective gear is not one of them. You can potentially save a lot of money with protective gloves, head gear, mouth guards, etc. than you spend. A broken hand, brain trauma, lacerations, missing teeth, eye damage, whatever it may be could cost you A LOT more than what you will spend on nice training gear.

I just received my headguard directly from japan.
Its very light and it feels better than the topten i bought and sent back the same day.

Attachments

• IMG_20190704_000128.jpg
    IMG_20190704_000128.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
I just received my headguard directly from japan.
Its very light and it feels better than the topten i bought and sent back the same day.

Did you wear it non stop once you got it??

Sorry to hijack this thread. Hoping one of you guys can help.
I was looking at buying the FG2900 from Rakuten, shipped to the UK, but I am unsure of the correct size.
My head measures 59cm (23.25 inches). I tried on a Large TopKing head guard but it was too tight.
Should I go with a Large in Winning or request a 2Large to be on the safe side? It's a bit expensive to return it.
Thanks.

Sorry to hijack this thread. Hoping one of you guys can help.
I was looking at buying the FG2900 from Rakuten, shipped to the UK, but I am unsure of the correct size.
My head measures 59cm (23.25 inches). I tried on a Large TopKing head guard but it was too tight.
Should I go with a Large in Winning or request a 2Large to be on the safe side? It's a bit expensive to return it.
Thanks.

Bump

Your best bet would be to compare your head to measurement to Winning's guide, right? That's what I did.
Shape plays a big factor into it. For the person that posted the question I would do a search, this has been discussed on this forum in depth

Shape plays a big factor into it. For the person that posted the question I would do a search, this has been discussed on this forum in depth

Really? Is shape a big factor in general? Or just in a few vocal special cases? I would've thought that most people just measure their head and then compare it to Winning's guide. And that's that. After all, the FG-2900 is not rigid; it's flexible and highly adjustable.

Is there something from Winning or UMA with a chin protection?

Why do you guys dont use a chin protection?

I bought a headgear fg5000 from Kozuji

But I wonder if the M size is too small?

I have a big nose and the tip of my nose constantly touch the nosebar...

So when I get punch in the headgear it pushes the nosebar against my nose (which is not really good I guess)

Should I change for a L size?

The only way I can keep my nose not in contact with the nose-bar is by lifting-up the headgear to the maximum... Is it ok to do that?

I bought a headgear fg5000 from Kozuji

But I wonder if the M size is too small?

I have a big nose and the tip of my nose constantly touch the nosebar...

So when I get punch in the headgear it pushes the nosebar against my nose (which is not really good I guess)

Should I change for a L size?

The only way I can keep my nose not in contact with the nose-bar is by lifting-up the headgear to the maximum... Is it ok to do that?
Sounds like it might be a little small......how is the rest of the fit is it tight on the head.....ie if you get a large do you think it will slip/move round too much

Back