Winning Headgear Sizing

My head measures 21 inches, do you think medium would be perfect?

I would guess yes, but I'm starting to understand why Kazumichi was so reluctant to give his opinion - I think the shape of your face/head makes a big big difference.

Maybe you don't have it fitted right try adjusting the laces on top and in the back, of course you are going to feel an impact if you are hitting yourself. Getting hit with gloves during sparring when your adrenaline is going and hitting yourself with your bare hands is different. It actually hurts more to hit yourself then to get hit during sparring. I dunno how that works out but its true.

Huh! That's interesting, I wonder why it's that way too. Thanks for the tip!

is there a general consensus that head gear would be better tighter then looser? im in between and want to know what would be the better of the 2

is there a general consensus that head gear would be better tighter then looser? im in between and want to know what would be the better of the 2

you want it to be snug. if it's too loose you have to constantly readjust it. if it's too tight it compresses your skull and gives you a headache. you have to find a balance in between.

Hi Francis, how is the sparring with your size L headgear? Did it move around at all? Feedback much appreciated. Thanks.

How did
yea i think you're right, i got a 3L(yea i know i got a big head:redface:) but my measurement was 24in, which would make me a 2L.

HEADGEAR Size List (FG-2900 & FG-5000):
Medium: 21.0 - 23.0 inch / 54 - 59 cm.
Large : 22.5 - 24.5 inch / 57 - 62 cm.
2 Large: 23.5 - 25.5 inch / 60 - 65 cm.
3 Large: 25.0 - 28.0 inch / 63 - 68 cm.

I know they have a return policy as long as you don't spar with it, the laces have to be white and the stickers have to still be on the headgear for them to accept returns.
How did the 3L work out for you? I have a 24” head as well.

Back