Winning gloves in Japan-store pictures

Pullmyfinger

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I replied to a recent thread about which locations in Tokyo to buy Winning gloves.
There are two shops that have them in stock.

These two shops are both open for retail sales.

1.) Center Sports in Shibuya.
They have the standard colors in stock.
https://www.center-sp.co.jp/ec/

2.) Fitness Shop in Suidobashi.
They have a huge selection, with many custom colors in stock.
https://livejapan.com/en/in-tokyo/in-pref-tokyo/in-akihabara/spot-lj0006594/

Fitness shop in Suidobashi has a big selection; pictured below.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

last week I emailed the Winning Company to ask if their factory was open for retail sales. Their reply is pasted below:

"Thank you for you inquiry.
The address of our Tokyo office is as follows.

Winning Co.,Ltd.
40-14, 3 chome Sendagi Bunkyo-ku Tokyo 113-0022
81-3-3828-8136

But we are sorry to say, our stock is very low because of so many back orders.
so We recommend you purchasing from our retail store.
Here is the list of our retail stores around Tokyo area.

・Fitness Shop
Teramoto BLD
6-13, 3 chome Misaki-cho Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
101-0061
Tel: 81-3-3265-4646

・Center Sports
Toho BLD B1F
19-3, 6 chome Jingumae Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
150-0001
Tel: 81-3-3400-3308

・Americaya Sports
6-136 isesaki-cho naka-ku Yokohama city, Kanagawa
231-0045
Tel: 81-45-261-3073

Please try to contact them directly.
Thank you.

Best regards,

Masaki Kamimaki
Winning Co.,Ltd.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Regarding prices in Japan. As of June 2020 the exchange rate is roughly:
¥10,000 is equal to $94 USD
¥20,000 is equal to $187 USD
¥30,000 is equal to $280 USD
¥40,000 is equal to $374 USD.

You'll have to do your own conversions in the future. But those rates are current as of June 2020.

I mentioned the shop in Shibuya called "Center Sports", they only stock the standard colors. Their prices are a little lower because they are NOT charging the 8% tax.

The Fitness Shop that the pictures below were taken at DOES charge the additional 8% tax.

Of course, Japan is expensive in general. It cost me ¥700 yen each way to take the train (approx. $13 round trip). and about ¥2,500 for parking at the train station. (approx. $22 USD)

Prices on Japanese products are high, but so is the cost of living as well as the cost of doing business.

With all of that being said, here are the pictures.

Cheers Gents!

9.jpg 8.jpg 20.jpg 18.jpg 25.jpg 26.jpg 22.jpg 23.jpg 24.jpg 29.jpg

Price conversion summary: ADD 8% to all prices listed below.

REGULAR COLORS (Red, Blue, Black, White) CUSTOM COLORS

MS-300-B (10 oz.) ¥24,500 ($229) ¥31,850 ($298)
MS-400-B (12 oz.) ¥27,000 ($253) ¥35,100 ($328)
MS-500-B (14 oz.) ¥29,000 ($271) ¥37,050 ($347)
MS-600-B (16 oz.) ¥31,500 ($295) ¥40,950 ($383)

Y40,000 :-(

If I ever make it back to Japan, I'll go in so that maybe I'll be blessed to be able to touch a pair of Winning gloves cos I sure as hell can't afford to own a pair!

man, i couldn't help myself, i literally couldn't, i'd hundred percent grab everything i could and run

just seeing all those gloves looks beautiful

Are there retail locations in other major cities in Japan? Like in Kobe, Sapporo, Osaka, Kyoto, or Nagoya?

Are there retail locations in other major cities in Japan? Like in Kobe, Sapporo, Osaka, Kyoto, or Nagoya?
I'm not sure.
Any of the "Fitness Shops" you see should have Winning gloves.

They may not all have a complete lineup like the shop in Suidobashi does, but they are dealers.

For example, I went to one Fitness Shop that was located in a shopping mall.
They only had Windy gloves in stock.
When I asked they said the could order any Winning gear and have it there within 2 days.

That depends on the item.
The guy at the shop logged into a website for dealers and looked up a few items to see if they were available in the system.

If it's in their system, they can get it in 2 days.

Custom stuff will vary.

man, i couldn't help myself, i literally couldn't, i'd hundred percent grab everything i could and run

just seeing all those gloves looks beautiful

theirs nothing wrong with stealing if you need it AND YOU NEED IT

OMG. It's like a candy shop! I wonder how much could I take to plane to avoid taxes?

OMG. It's like a candy shop! I wonder how much could I take to plane to avoid taxes?

I've never really had this issue, but in general, you can take them out of the bag and say they're used and for your personal use and you'll just walk out. If you're doing it for resale, and they're still NWT in bags, good luck and you better have a good story.

I used to get my friends to buy me hockey sticks way back when. All they did was tape the blade, rub a bit of black on the tape off a puck or more tape and say they were used. Guys used to come back with 10 sticks and never had a problem with customs. Differs from country to country though I guess

Somebody really needs to invent a better glove drying system because I'm tired of sticking a wiffle ball in my glove and sitting in front of a fan. Back in the day we used to cut rings out of PVC and use them to hold the glove open. The best system I've come up with is to wipe out the interior of the glove with a cloth that's dipped in mild bleach water and then put a softball practice Wiffle ball in the compartment and sit in front of a fan for a few hours, having multiple gloves is critical if you work out daily so you dont swamp one and never use your sparring gloves for bag work. I have two pair of Old Skool 18 Oz "primetime" gloves and four pair of ringside premium sparring gloves but fairtex are probably my favorite so far. old school Mexican and Thai gloves used to have a more flexible thumb and more padding on the wrist but I don't know if they are still holding to that tradition

Somebody really needs to invent a better glove drying system because I'm tired of sticking a wiffle ball in my glove and sitting in front of a fan. Back in the day we used to cut rings out of PVC and use them to hold the glove open. The best system I've come up with is to wipe out the interior of the glove with a cloth that's dipped in mild bleach water and then put a softball practice Wiffle ball in the compartment and sit in front of a fan for a few hours, having multiple gloves is critical if you work out daily so you dont swamp one and never use your sparring gloves for bag work. I have two pair of Old Skool 18 Oz "primetime" gloves and four pair of ringside premium sparring gloves but fairtex are probably my favorite so far. old school Mexican and Thai gloves used to have a more flexible thumb and more padding on the wrist but I don't know if they are still holding to that tradition

yeah this is the thing that matters

Having multiple gloves are very important to avoid disgusting smell

Back