Winning glove cut-away video

The guy also did the same with DiNardo and then the guy from DiNardo sent him an email accusing him of trying to steal his secrets, apparently. And so following that, he said he would stop doing these videos.

This is what @Brian The Overlord told me anyway
This guy is so weird. Talks so much about honour, pride, whatever, then throws a hissy fit on instagram the second a fighter chooses another glove brand over his. Dillian Whyte and Daniel Dubois come to mind.

I just found these videos on You Tube.
They cut the gloves in half and show the foam layers inside.

Pretty interesting.

Wah awesome video you got, do you understand what is he talking about? Why the foam from 3 gloves different?
I found his ig few months ago, i thought he sell the gloves but actually it’s all his collections lol.

The guy also did the same with DiNardo and then the guy from DiNardo sent him an email accusing him of trying to steal his secrets, apparently. And so following that, he said he would stop doing these videos.

Hii do you still have the link? Thank you

Hii do you still have the link? Thank you
I don't have a link, @BrianTheOverlord used to post a lot in a Korean boxing forum, I think on cafe.naver, and he told me about it a week ago.

His reaction video to Di Nardo's claims is still in the channel with English Subtitles:

upload_2021-1-23_16-13-47.png

But with all seriously, please, stealing his secret my foot. I think 1v1 did an old video indirectly showing what's inside a Winning Glove a long time ago before too, you don't see 1v1's foams (personal opinion from trying two of his PTE gloves) to be as good as Winning's. And if makers do need to "steal" his secrets, all they need to do buy a pair of Dinardo and dissect it themselves (without posting a video). You think Pakistani makers haven't tried this before in order to learn how to make better gloves?

Furthermore, even if you dissect the gloves and figure out how much foam layers/foams hardness they are using, it's not like it's an easy job to find the exact types (raw material) from the exact makers to replicate it or there would be cheap Winnings all over the market. My two cents.

Last edited:
Wah awesome video you got, do you understand what is he talking about? Why the foam from 3 gloves different?
I found his ig few months ago, i thought he sell the gloves but actually it’s all his collections lol.

I don't understand what he is describing with each glove.

It does seem like he is showing the differences in foam layups between the 12, 14, and 16 oz. Gloves.

Its interesting that each weight glove uses a different foam layup.

Anyone can do that. It's not much of a secret is it? They do it with golf balls all the time

Pretty cool to finally see the horsehair in boxing gloves... looks like hay.

That's my theory as to where the term "haymaker" comes from. I can imagine way back in the day, maybe someone got hit hard by some well worn old school gloves, that they burst open making it look like hay went flying around the ring.

Makes more sense to me than the other explanations out there.

The horse hair looks like coconut fiber. Hope that’s the real horse hair lol.

Attachments

• B7467DD3-59E6-4132-B6CC-273B1D8724B7.jpeg
    B7467DD3-59E6-4132-B6CC-273B1D8724B7.jpeg
    308.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 217380DE-FA50-4C84-B732-9117C9C92E5F.jpeg
    217380DE-FA50-4C84-B732-9117C9C92E5F.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 10
The guy definitely seems a little full of himself.

I do think a lawsuit for showing what's inside is a bit toothless and silly. Emulators have basically replicated the "guts" of various game systems and legally there is nothing Nintendo can do. But you just can't legally copy actual games. So selling knock offs you can't do, and you can't violate trademarks and stuff, but if I can open a big Mac and show what's inside, then pretty sure I can do it with a boxing glove.

Full of himself for sure, but I actually love him as a "character" in his field. No doubts about the passion there. A bit nuts maybe, but isn't that true about about most great artists?

Back