Winning FG-2900

I'm speechless.
Thx for an otherone of those sweet review.
(not sure why enyone would need padding in the back of the head for MMA trainning)

We should do a P4P reviewer list.
Watch out Clamp!

Last edited:
(not sure why enyone would need padding in the back of the head for MMA trainning)

For all the shit that shouldn't happen but does... Doesn't matter if it's MMA, boxing or MT/kickboxing.

True, better to have some padding just in case.
I've been kind of looking since I gave my helm to my new sparring partner.
His sister (my wife) would kick my ass if I left marks on him.

The young in-law is new to striking but is a naturaly good counterstriker.
I can't always duck his counter left jab.

Last edited:
Weight: 9.5
Feels lighter than any other headgear I own or have tried on. Way lighter.

We are just in the process of wrapping our headgear design and curious if you have the exact weight of your FG2900's. Any chance you can weigh them and also compare to some of your others in terms of exact weight? Just want to compare if our headgear weight is light enough.
Plus, what size did you scoop up?

Tks Gonzaginator

I'm speechless.

Watch out Clamp!
Thanks. :icon_chee

We are just in the process of wrapping our headgear design and curious if you have the exact weight of your FG2900's. Any chance you can weigh them and also compare to some of your others in terms of exact weight? Just want to compare if our headgear weight is light enough.
Plus, what size did you scoop up?

Tks Gonzaginator
It's a 2L. According to Winning it's 12 oz. I just compared it to a 10 oz glove and the glove feels heavier. I think it's in the 10 oz ball park.

Also I have a Cleto Reyes mexican style, basically the same as the Winning. The Reyes is a lot heavier, maybe around 18-20 oz. Part of it is the leather of course, but the padding is also a lot different. Winning uses thicker, softer padding, sort of pillow like. Reyes uses less padding that's more dense and heavier.

Aw, man. You got some, and in white too. That is great looking headgear! Nice review, and photos. Very cool, I'm jealous. Looks great.

:icon_chee

It's a 2L. According to Winning it's 12 oz. I just compared it to a 10 oz glove and the glove feels heavier. I think it's in the 10 oz ball park.

Also I have a Cleto Reyes mexican style, basically the same as the Winning. The Reyes is a lot heavier, maybe around 18-20 oz. QUOTE]

Tks a million Gonzaginator. Much appreciated.
Was hoping for some exact weights, but will take approximations aswell.
Anybody have a Winning FG2900 that can weigh theirs for an exact weight? Tks guys.

Right now our headgear is weighing in around 14-15oz for the medium. It all fairness though we do have some metal buckles for chin and back of head fastening. Thus elevating some weight slightly.

I'm speechless.

Watch out Clamp!

Bring it on! LOL JK JK! I like the review. It's informative but to the point.

hey fushida, i'll double check if i recorded the weight of our fg-2900 before it was ripped apart for some reason i think it was 290grams but i'll have to double check. i'm kinda curious to see what you guys come up with up there in BC

Mike @ gorilla fight gear

Last edited:
Seriously after ages of wandering around helplessly I found you(Gonzaginator) Clamp and TigerShark and Wes.

Never have I seen more helpfull people in one spot.
Is there anything more to ask beside better shipping to Canada :)

(Testing new sparring partner Wed)

Thanks man appreciate it. We're trying to help out each other, I'm also looking at the other reviews before purchasing something (like the Winning actually) because you can count on most guys here.

I will have some more reviews up soon. :icon_chee

Awesome review, I wonder what makes winnings so special, there are so many other headgear similar to its shape and appearance.

Great review, though I would contend with the visibility. Sometimes, I have a hard time seeing legkicks but considering that it IS designed for boxing, it's pretty damn impressive for MMA. Pretty much never shifts, awesome protection.. all I need in a headgear to be honest.

Seriously after ages of wandering around helplessly I found you(Gonzaginator) Clamp and TigerShark and Wes.

Never have I seen more helpfull people in one spot.
Is there anything more to ask beside better shipping to Canada :)

(Testing new sparring partner Wed)

Did take the in-law way too lightly.
He learned all the thing I told him and tryed them on me.
He even went for a shoot. Guess I need an other helm just in case.

Funnyest quote:
In-law, ''So does Saint-Pierre trains here, do you see him sometimes.''
Me, ''Nope, not realy. I've only run into him like a couple of times. Wait that's him.''
The kid was super star struck.

Thanks man appreciate it. We're trying to help out each other, I'm also looking at the other reviews before purchasing something (like the Winning actually) because you can count on most guys here.

I will have some more reviews up soon. :icon_chee

Gonz is the man!! I'll be getting the FG-2900 and FG-5000 in the next couple of weeks. Will post a review shortly thereafter.

I currently use my Reyes full face for heavy sparring close to fight dates and against heavier guys, and an open face for less intense sessions and against newer sparring partners.

I'll compare both, as i know many people often ask which is more suitable.

Thanks again for the quality review my man, much appreciated. :D

Hey Gonz!

How is this headgear holding up? I know it's only been two months but is this your predominant pair? I'm itching to pull the trigger on these.

It still looks brand new and right now it's the only one I use for sparring. :icon_chee

I still have the Reyes one, but it's a little heavier, the padding is a little more dense and the chin strap bothers me because it chokes me a little bit. It's still the best mexican style headgear out there outside of the Winning, but since I have a Winning that's the one I'm using because as you can see/read in my review it got 95% in every category. Everything's great about it and it feels awesome when you have it on, very light, comfortable. There's no reason not to use it. And when I need a new headgear I'll definitely go with the FG 2900 again. Hopefully this one's gonna last forever though. :icon_lol:

If you can afford it I'd definitely recommend the FG 2900. If you have to save it up first or try to make cash or anything like that go with something else like the Triumph United (costs about 80 bucks but looks similar to the FG 2900).

Back