Winning Boxing Equipment from America Ya in Japan 2.0

Deathstriker

I eat Simba and wear his skin
Reaction score
Here is a list of where you can find what you want to find on Rakuten if you want to order Winnings boxing equipment from Steve Mitani from America-Ya. He has the best prices and is willing to bypass custom charges for you.

Here is what I've dug up so far, but if you find links to other items I will update the thread. Feel free to ask questions about any item and sizing.

Links to the site and specific boxing equipment:

The Site on Rakuten

Boxing Gloves

Custom Lace up Boxing Gloves

Custom Velcro Boxing Gloves

12oz velcro stock gloves

14oz lace up gloves

16oz stock boxing gloves

16oz velcro gloves

Soft type boxing gloves (not recommended)

Bag Gloves

Headgear (you need to order custom if they don't have your size/color)

Custom FG5000

Custom FG2900

FG2900 stock colors

FG5000 stock colors

Open Faced Amateur Headgear

FG3000 (discontinued, just pulls the cheek protectors together. fg5000 is more effective for nose protection)

Old School Amateur boxing headgear, to be custom made

Cup, no foul protector, groin belts

Custom No Foul Protector lace up

Standard Winning Cup with hip protector lace up

Winning cup high cut lace up

Hip protector velcro cup

High cut groin protector velcro

Punch mitts

Winning Punch Mitts

air thai pad?

Winning Speed Bag

Winning Double end bag

MISC

Winning Handwraps

Winning Knuckle Guard

Winning Vaseline

Winning Sanitizing spray

Key Chains

Last edited:
Please tell me if the circumference head 57 cm (22.5"), what size Headgear should I take M or L?
It fits in two sizes...
Medium: 21.0 - 23.0 inch / 54 - 59 cm.
Large: 22.5 - 24.5 inch / 57 - 62 cm.

Please advise. My head is 57-58 cm (22.5"-22.9"), took size L FG-2900. But when I dress a Headgear, the "cheeks" touch my nose and I can not breathe through the nose. And if I tighten the laces on the back of the head stronger, then "cheeks" diverge, but the Headgear very strongly presses and causes discomfort - it is impossible to wear. What do you think? I need size M?

Photos of Winning Boxing Gear on Facebook

Please post your winnings (preferably custom work) and if you like another glove better than Winning, there is no need to start a flame war.

There is apparently a new store called Kobudo on Rakuten that sells Winnings somewhat cheaper than America-Ya. You can check out the link to their products here. Some procedure, pick what you want to order and write in the comments if you want anything special and wait for them to get back to you. The price might increase for those services. They only take bank transfers and paypal.

Link to the Kobudo Store

(reserved for future posts)

Last edited:
Please tell me if the circumference head 57 cm (22.5"), what size Headgear should I take M or L?
It fits in two sizes...
Medium: 21.0 - 23.0 inch / 54 - 59 cm.
Large: 22.5 - 24.5 inch / 57 - 62 cm.

Large will probably work best for you. Mine is the same way, so I went with large, and it fits fine.

Originally posted by shihtzu:

Before you post a question here search and browse other Winning threads, because almost every possible question has been answered before.

If you are looking for Winning gear, the best and the cheapest place to order is the America-Ya shop on rakuten, and not Winning USA.

Go there:
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/boxing/

1) Register there (google translator might help) and log in.

2) Choose your gear. http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/boxing/

3) Place your order.

4) Mitani-san (the owner of the store) will contact you afterwards asking to confirm the shipping cost (always ACTUAL, no profit), expedited super fast but still cheap EMS shipping (you can see the Japanese Post prices for each weight on any item's page).

5) Confirm the shipping cost (by replying to the email) and America-Ya will charge your card (only once you've confirmed the shipping cost, NOT before this).

6) Your gear will be shipped and the tracking number provided without asking.

7) Once you have the tracking number your gear will reach you in approximately 2-4 days.

(adapted from the FB Winning boxing gear fan club)
https://www.facebook.com/WinningBoxingGear

And please, DO NOT ORDER if you are not going to pay. Because of the foreign non-payers, Mitani-san is considering closing the shop.

Question: If I want custom gear, at which step do I put in my details for custom colours or embroidery/screen printing?

First of all, when you are placing the order there will be a window for comments (below "if you have any message", I marked it with the red ellipse) available at the same step as the credit card details. It is VERY IMPORTANT to write ALL the requests there.

dEG8VS.jpg

Then you will recieve the order confirmation, you can reply to this email and send some pictures to describe your request fully if needed (but first of all accent in advance in the comments window mentioned above you are going to send the pictures then).

Actually as for the custom colours, there are actually schemes in for any kind of gear at its own page, where you can choose everthying (oz. weight and colours of each area) very comfortably instead of describing in text.

baULFM.jpg

Please remember that your card will be charged in YEN, so the amount in your local currency you can see on each item's page is the appx. current rate.

Also in case of custom gloves the general price tag you see is for 16 oz., the cost of the rest is cheaper (you can see it on the page). Your card will be charged for the appropriate amount according to the oz. weight of gloves, not for the cost of 16 oz. (unless you chose 16 oz. of course).

Last edited:
I've ordered multiple items from Kobudo and America-Ya and I've only had great experiences

Winning makes the best hand wraps and boxing shoes I've ever owned. Very pleased with the quality

I own a pair of 16oz lace-up pro gloves. High quality and GREAT wrist support; however I would only use these gloves for sparring. I've used the pro gloves for training (pad and bag work) and it's busted up my hands pretty good.

Crazy as it sounds I have some 18oz cheapo Title gloves that I feel are better training gloves and provide more protection. Then again I don't think the winning pro gloves are really designed for heavy training.

I have some soft type/velcro winnings coming in the mail which I'm sure will be a better fit for that purpose.

anyone ordered customs from america-ya or best to go to winning usa?

answers on a postcard please

Thank you for starting this thread, deathstriker.

Crazy as it sounds I have some 18oz cheapo Title gloves that I feel are better training gloves and provide more protection.

What Title model would that be?

Always looking to try different options :p

This helps a lot if I decide to buy winning. What's up with the soft gloves? Look like hand pillows.

You're welcome guys! Everyone still likes Winnings, so some direction had to be taken.

Thanks for the step by step guide, Minowafanatic.

Soft type is a lot softer than regular winning boxing gloves.

Last edited:
Ok I searched but could not find an answer to this question. If I didn't search hard enough....forgive me.

When making payment....does it have to be a credit card registered to your name or can it be a Visa gift card? You would be surprised how many online places don't accept those.

Ok I searched but could not find an answer to this question. If I didn't search hard enough....forgive me.

When making payment....does it have to be a credit card registered to your name or can it be a Visa gift card? You would be surprised how many online places don't accept those.

Don't know, only one way to find out, but I don't think it will be a problem as long as you have sufficient funds.

Thanks for the step by step guide, Minowafanatic.

No worries, just a repost of what shihtzu originally had for 1.0. All his doing, I just went and used the waybackwhenmachine to find it

Last edited:
Thanks for this DS and MINOWA this is Fantastic. What APP can I use to try out some color ideas I have for Custom Gloves?

Thanks for this DS and MINOWA this is Fantastic. What APP can I use to try out some color ideas I have for Custom Gloves?

Photoshop or draw a boxing glove with MS Paint and fill the colors with what they have available. Think about it for a few days before ordering.

I'm looking to buy a hip protected cup, how much is shipping? I remember I used to go somewhere on the sight and it used to give me a price depending on the weight.

Can't seem to find it, even if I did, how much does the cup weigh?

Im really on the fence here, Im about to order gloves and a no foul protector, but I dont know which gloves I should order. Im not going custom, but I need to decide, lace or velcro, 14 or 16....

any input dudes?

Good think is you can't go wrong either way. But if I was you, I'd go lace up.

Damn it I don't want to go custom for a simple cup. But I do need a white or black color size M

They do shipping by the weight, it's not too heavy, should be around the boxing glove weight.

Honestly I feel like velcro would work better for me nowdays, but it's a personal choice if you want the really thin wrist protection padding or not. 16oz if you weigh above 150 non cut and if you want a good chance of getting money back if you decide to resell. I personally don't think the wrist protection padding is a big deal for me even though I like it. So velcro and laces is a toss up, just pick whichever one you like.

They do shipping by the weight, it's not too heavy, should be around the boxing glove weight.

Honestly I feel like velcro would work better for me nowdays, but it's a personal choice if you want the really thin wrist protection padding or not. 16oz if you weigh above 150 non cut and if you want a good chance of getting money back if you decide to resell. I personally don't think the wrist protection padding is a big deal for me even though I like it. So velcro and laces is a toss up, just pick whichever one you like.

SO you think 16oz lace up? thats sort of what im leaning towards.

I'm 175 lbs athletic build and I would love to get 14oz because I hear 16s are a bit bulky. Can anyone post a side by side picture comparing these two sizes side by side please? Or If anyone can snap a quick pic comparing Twins 16oz vs Winning 16 oz. thanks.

Back