winning a 2nd belt past your prime is more impressive than winning two belts simultaneously

563069.jpg

I don't think either one is automatically more impressive. It's who you win your belt against.

Cormier beat Stipe for his second belt. No matter when that happens, that's very impressive.

GSP is ahead of DC in the GOAT discussion, I agree.

But Silva and Fedor are ahead of both.

<{silvanormal}>

All of these comparisons of DC to the established GOATS are ridiculous. He has nowhere near the level of accomplishments they do, no matter how good he skillwise and physically is.

GSP:
Title record: 13-2
Title defences: 9
Reigns: 4
Championship weight classes: 2

DC:
Title record: 6-1-0-1
Title defences: 4
Reigns: 2

They aren't even remotely comparable.

Yo where is that avatar from what is it? Why is that lady so fast.

fuck TS' thread, I've been wondering about this mysterious wonder woman of the feet for like months now. This thread is now about this guy's avatar.
Elliot Offen

A level athlete, mind of a child with an incredible vocabulary

Kleptomaniac as well

All of these comparisons of DC to the established GOATS are ridiculous. He has nowhere near the level of accomplishments they do, no matter how good he skillwise and physically is.

GSP:

DC:

It’s not remotely comparable if you cherry pick your criteria.

For the record, I think St Pierre is ahead of Cormier.

So Randy must really be up there on the GOAT list

He won the heavyweight belt 10 years after his athletic prime

GSP:

DC:

We are looking at different divisions. And those records aren't that far apart anyway. If you were to compare GSP to Silva or MM in terms of specific title defense streaks he would look bad as well. DC has been very active and dominant minus his fights against Jon Jones. Among the historical crop of LHWs and HWs he is at the top of the list right now. I don't really see how you can view that any other way.

Also, with regard to this entire thread, are we just ignoring the fact that DC spent his prime in a different sport?

DC is also past his prime. Winning 2 belts simultaneously past your prime > winning a 2nd belt past your prime

GSP only came back because the weakest champ in modern MMA history lucked into the belt and he was able to smooth talk his way into a smash and grab raid on it.

Why don't you put GSP and DC in the cage together and see who is better...

The only place GSP is better than DC is the fantasy world of P4P.

I don't think either one is automatically more impressive. It's who you win your belt against.

Cormier beat Stipe for his second belt. No matter when that happens, that's very impressive.
I agree.

It would have been more impressive if GSP won the 185 title against Whittaker or Romero ... but he definitely cherry picked Bisping.

If DC can beat Stipe in the rematch, and somehow beat Jones @ HW, he would 100% be the greatest MMA fighter of all time.

Bisping was a champ on the cusp of retirement. He lost to GSP in a back and forth battle, but got totally destroyed by a contender.

that said, DC wont ever reach GSP status, started too late, ended too early.

Back