"Winner" taps...

You're right daspeit I was being a little erratic so i will clear it up here. I was trying to be a little understanding, but frankly it was a fight in front of a crowd that he took. It might have been a nice thing to do, but he doesn't deserve any extra applause for bowing out in the middle of a show. Next time, he just shouldn't take a fight like that if he doesn't want to finish it.

I know you say there was no reason to endanger each others health, but seeing as how you are the former fat king of fight club and a "part time" fighter I am pretty sure you are aware that the risks are fairly minimal and anyone taking a fight accepted those risks.

shots fired.

You're right daspeit I was being a little erratic so i will clear it up here. I was trying to be a little understanding, but frankly it was a fight in front of a crowd that he took. It might have been a nice thing to do, but he doesn't deserve any extra applause for bowing out in the middle of a show. Next time, he just shouldn't take a fight like that if he doesn't want to finish it.

I know you say there was no reason to endanger each others health, but seeing as how you are the former fat king of fight club and a "part time" fighter I am pretty sure you are aware that the risks are fairly minimal and anyone taking a fight accepted those risks.

You keeeep harping on this and you keep sounding more and more ridiculous. The agreement between the two fighters, the orgazination and the comission is that the referee will step in and stop the fight when someone is at serious risk.

The ref did not.

If Ronda broke someone's arm into 10 pieces after they tapped because the referee was too stupid to not step in, would the excuse be "She knew the risk"?

You can find out how experienced your opponent is in amateur fights.

Yes, he should be prepared to finish the fight or take it very lightly and coast to a decision. Now that's my opinion, and if I believed he truly acted out of concern for the other guy's health, I would completely understand and respect his decision. But I don't believe that was the case, you do, only he knows. There's not a ton to discuss here.

Your whole reasoning for his "False humility" is wacky. He gave the guy props and brought his hand up because the guy wouldn't quit on his own and showed a lot of heart and guts in there. It was a great moment of mutual respect.

As for your first point, in the video he says
"He didn't train to fight me, and i didn't train to fight him"; they knew nothing about each other. Your whole fantasy land of him coolly stepping out of the cage to go read some japanese literature and do yoga sounds fine and well, but this is the real world and what REALLY happened was just fine.

What if his opponent is a stud on the ground?

So isn't that the point of competing

I don't get it

If he wanted striking only he should have done that but instead he went into an mma fight

He was better on the feet why not use the opportunity to test yourself on the ground and improve

There is just a lack of purpose

Good Sportsmanship?
How would you feel if you won the fight this way (after getting your ass kicked)?
What would you have done if you were the guy kicking ass?

Just commented on another thread about this. If its ammy I would say its good sportsmanship, but it probably would've been smarter to just take the guy down and lay and pray on him. No one gets hurt and he still gets the W.

Pretty cool.

5365.gif

I've never fought competitively, but I think it's disrespectful to your opponent.

It's the admirable move for safety reasons. That guy was taking an absolute beating for nothing. But I'd rather get TKO'd than have some dude kick my ass and then take pity on me. The celebratory arm raises were a bit much. The other guy seemed to respond well to it, though, so good for them.

I've never fought competitively, but I think it's disrespectful to your opponent.

yea pretty much.. That's like implying - hey you suck, i don't want to fight you nomore

Good Sportsmanship?
How would you feel if you won the fight this way (after getting your ass kicked)?
What would you have done if you were the guy kicking ass?

During one of George Foreman's comebacks he was pleading with the ref to stop the fight with Jimmy Ellis (the ex Linebacker in the NFL... not the boxer from the 70s).
Ellis was getting beat to a pulp and Foreman was turning to the ref telling him to stop the fight.

It was disrespectful for the guy getting the beating to get in there against the other guy. As a fighter, I'm sure he showed up to test himself against an equal. Not show up to beat on some guy who looked completely untrained who was walking around flat footed and looked like they picked him out of the crowd. There's no honor in beating up a guy who doesn't belong in there with you.

Since the ref wasn't going to stop the one sided beating, he was responsible enough to do it.

I see no problem in what he did.

I would feel a little insulted if I was the opponent honestly, I know why he did it and it's commendable to not want to give a guy brain damage, but from the opponents perspective, it's probably a little degrading

I don't know what Solar Gard is, but I'll buy some now.

During one of George Foreman's comebacks he was pleading with the ref to stop the fight with Jimmy Ellis (the ex Linebacker in the NFL... not the boxer from the 70s).
Ellis was getting beat to a pulp and Foreman was turning to the ref telling him to stop the fight.

RJJ did the same thing when he was beating up Bryant Brannon 2:30

Back