Winner of Cruz/Dillashaw=The next UFC superstar?

I don't know about superstar but if Dillashaw wins his profile will certainly be elevated. He's got a really fun style to watch. The one major thing that will hold Cruz back is his health

I don't know about superstar. But they'd definitely stay more popular than mighty mouse

Cruz is a lot more comfortable in the spotlight and a natural entertainer, I don't know if Dillashaw has the personality to win people over outside of the cage. And as much as MMA enthusiasts don't want to admit it, you need that for stardom. Just look at Aldo to get the point.

No. It takes a lot for a fighter to become a star. You need to be more than just an elite fighter. Even being an elite fighter and an exciting fighter is normally not enough. Dominick Cruz has been around for a while now and rarely fights due to injury, so it's highly unlikely he'll be a big star. Dillashaw has more potential but it's still very little. They'd both need to go on long win streaks to start pulling in PPV numbers, and it'd take years.

Cruz only fights once every 2 years, hard to be a superstar like that.

Dillashaw pulled some great numbers in his last fight.

Doubt it.

The winner will be taken very seriously among hardcore MMA fans though and be considered in P4P discussions.

Kind of like Chris Weidman's situation.

I know this sounds crazy, but Weidman hasn't fought the guy to really push him (stardomwise). Silva should have done that for him but it didnt happen. I think Rockhold is the dude.

Or Chris just isnt that interesting.

Think TJ winning is best, he's young, finisher, doesnt have wrecked knees.

He's someone they can push if he beats Cruz and maybe with this Alpha Male coaching thing maybe him and Faber fight at some point which would be a big money fight.

But TJ is smart he's already looking for super fights with McGregor or Aldo or even MM.

He just needs to take out Cruz and prove he's real BW champ and then go from there.

TJ/Cruz would be perfect on Fox in Jan, push the hell out of it during NFL Playoffs.

hell no.

talent doesn't directly generate star-power in the UFC. it's all about trash talk & how well you'd hypothetically beat up Mayweather now...

They will both have a near impossible time surpassing McGregor or especially Ronda in terms of popularity.

hell no.

talent doesn't directly generate star-power in the UFC. it's all about trash talk & how well you'd hypothetically beat up Mayweather now...

Conor and Ronda are not that big trash talkers. Conor had some funny burn lines here and there but he's more flashy. In my opinion, Cruz is the better shittalker.

Conor and Ronda are not that big trash talkers. Conor had some funny burn lines here and there but he's more flashy. In my opinion, Cruz is the better shittalker.

agreed. that MMA Hour interview was proof of that..

TJ doesn't stand a chance imo. Cruz is light years ahead of him.

If Cruz can string together 4 or 5 healthy years. He'll be in the GOAT talk.

Can you see it?

Cruz wasn't a superstar when he was champion. Beating Dillashaw won't make him one since no one knows who that cat is. Maybe if Cruz can get that Mexican fanbase behind him them he could be big like Conor Mc with the Irish.

Cruz has that small man's voice though while Conor Mc and Ronda have manly voices. Trash talk coming from Cruz loses 50% of its effectiveness because of that. Maybe he can write material for Conor Mc to spew.

Think TJ winning is best, he's young, finisher, doesnt have wrecked knees.

He's someone they can push if he beats Cruz and maybe with this Alpha Male coaching thing maybe him and Faber fight at some point which would be a big money fight.

But TJ is smart he's already looking for super fights with McGregor or Aldo or even MM.

He just needs to take out Cruz and prove he's real BW champ and then go from there.

TJ/Cruz would be perfect on Fox in Jan, push the hell out of it during NFL Playoffs.

TJ is 5 months younger than Cruz, fyi. He's not that young. Both are 29.

Back