Winkeljohn: Holly Holm will recover from head kick KO, unlike Ronda Rousey

Last I checked, Ronda was pretty succesful in doing what she does after retiring from MMA.

Isn't that a better way of handling yourself than continuing to do what you're not succesful at?
Ronda as MMA champ would not agree with your sentiment.

She would mock any woman who failed at MMA and had to go to something like the WWE as a DNB. She had a lot of scorn for gals like that.

Why shitting on Ronda?

That's a good question. We don't know if he was questioned, was lead to talk about Ronda or did it on his own.

There is no video, no transcript, but most of the posters in here are ready to analyze the motivations of these comments.

Ronda as MMA champ would not agree with your sentiment.

She would mock any woman who failed at MMA and had to go to something like the WWE as a DNB. She had a lot of scorn for gals like that.

Ronda was always a big fan of WWE.

Besides that, it has nothing to do with what I said.

Last I checked, Ronda was pretty succesful in doing what she does after retiring from MMA.

Isn't that a better way of handling yourself than continuing to do what you're not succesful at?

To be fair, she really wasn't that successful at wrasslin'. They just used her for her name and the pseudo feminist/gyrl powur attention from the media. She horribly botched the easiest thing in wrestling, taking a pin, at Wrestlemania to the point that they can't show the actual 3-count of Lynch beating her. Her naturally crappy personality leaked out just like in the UFC to the point that Lynch was referring to her as a dummy which really didn't fit her 'paid for' Rowdy gimmick. More people are glad at her being gone than want to see her again.

To be fair, she really wasn't that successful at wrasslin'. They just used her for her name and the pseudo feminist/gyrl powur attention from the media. She horribly botched the easiest thing in wrestling, taking a pin, at Wrestlemania to the point that they can't show the actual 3-count of Lynch beating her. Her naturally crappy personality leaked out just like in the UFC to the point that Lynch was referring to her as a dummy which really didn't fit her 'paid for' Rowdy gimmick. More people are glad at her being gone than want to see her again.

So she succeeded in becoming a heel and you didn't get it?

how many more title shots does holly want.

From bjpenn.com, so true!:

Winkeljohn insinuates that Holly Holm’s fighting attitude, (win or lose) outclasses that of Ronda Rousey. He said,

“She’s exactly the opposite of what Ronda Rousey did after Holly knocked her out. Ronda, her whole world was over and all these bad things, which is not what young ladies or anybody needs to hear in this world. S—t happens. When bad things happen, what makes you great is your ability to deal with it and go forward. That’s what Holly has decided to do. That’s what she’s done her whole life and she will go forward.”

She should join WWE too.i bet Ronda would love that

Be more gracious than Honda?

Gee, like that's saying much lol

Holly is infinitely more capable of recovering from a defeat than Rousey, but KO's like that can change your whole style and KO resistance. Hope she comes back and is okay health wise.
I think she'll be alright, she got ko'd much harder in boxing.

Technically Ronda did recover and end up making more money than ever in a different organisation where she doesn't have to get punched or booted in the head. And I'm not even a Ronda fan.

Mentally strong people like Holly and Ben take a humiliating loss and put it behind them and are able to move on and improve.

Mental midgets like Ronda get ruined by a humiliating loss.

i don't know why everybody still talks about holm and her future,she is 2-5 in her last 7 fights.

Back