Winkeljohn: "Cowboy is not loyal to anybody in the gym. He's as narcissistic as they come."

winklejohn always seemed a bit shady, not sure why

Dang. There goes any bridge that was.

Ive heard things about Cowboy being a dick before but he was given a big microphone today - there are always two sides to the story. He seems like a fun character but obviously struggles with some mental issues, is a notorious head case before fights, being addicted to booze, now micro doses mushrooms, being addicted to extreme sports and most importantly: being a cage fighter. Fighters will tell you fighters are the biggest divas out there. I guess it is not surprising that a ten year relationship that involved the getting of CTE on a daily basis ended up badly. Now a days, it is RARE for any relationship to last ten years. We live in a different world, where most people move on from their jobs in a few years, not like the olden days when you married one women for your whole life, worked one job for your whole life and lived in the same town you were born in your whole life.
micro doses mushrooms? he was talking about how he ate a fuckton of mushrooms in singapore

i see where winkle is coming from though,

jones has been in plenty of times training and helping the amateurs out there learn new things while cerrone has never done that.

Jackson Wink can't talk about loyalty when they threw away their OG in Rashad for the shiny new juicy boi Jones

while i agree, if they hadn't done that where would the gym be today?

Jon Jones was the best thing to happen to that gym, and they knew it the first time they laid eyes on him.

i see where winkle is coming from though,

jones has been in plenty of times training and helping the amateurs out there learn new things while cerrone has never done that.

Cowboy doesn't do that because he's a FIGHTER, not a trainer. if Jones does that, good on him, but it's not a requirement.

You can argue loyalty but you cant argue results.. JW went from one of the most winning teams years ago to something like a 20-30% winrate recently. Cowboy is right, they failed to evolve.

micro doses mushrooms? he was talking about how he ate a fuckton of mushrooms in singapore
yes, but then (maybe before) he was talking about microdosing mushrooms to help with some of his/other people's mental issues in general and how people around him thought that was a bad idea and could lead to addiction, which he argued was non addictive, produced no hang over and better than the effects of Pharma stuff.

They are smart to invest in somebody who they see potential in as opposed to a guy that is near retirement. Mike Perry will probably knock out Cerrone and Cerrone will cry for years regarding this debacle.

Wky cowboy be loyal to someone in the gym? he goes there to train, not to help the gym. Wink is getting roasted by cowboy and the fact Jackson-Wink became a less successful gym after Greg went aways speaks for itself.

what happened to Greg Jackson?

I heard they all took turns at Jackson's to keep Jon company during his two weeks hiding under the octagon, except for disloyal ass Cowboy <{clintugh}>

Exactly bro! This is an unforgiving sport and with the game constantly evolving and so many minds to training you should be taking in as much as possible. Spending your entire career at one gym may work for some but not for everybody. Get as much in as you can, train with different guys/girls, train in different climates and altitudes. It’s good for the body and mind

I just don’t get it with all this “Loyalty” nonsense. Fighters should be Loyal to themselves. If you choose to be loyal to someone else, that’s your prerogative. But it certainly isn’t warranted.

I always find the fighter and gym situation to be ridiculous in MMA. All of these people bitch about MMA pay, and they always reference fees for training and camp. Why in the world are they paying their gym? Representing the gym is the best advertisement they can have. Furthermore, if they are paying training partners, why aren't they making that money back when training others?

"He has not, from what I can remember in the last 10 years, ever helped anybody out with their own camp. He’s as narcissistic as they come.”

That's not Cerrone's job buddeh, that's yours, and you're paid for that.

One other thing, you can call Cerrone a lot of things, but i really doubt he's narcissistic and not loyal...

Last edited:
Cowboy is micro dosing shrooms? Why is he doing that?

Shrooms are awesome
<17><17>
<BirdieOwn>

“He has not, from what I can remember in the last 10 years, ever helped anybody out with their own camp. He’s as narcissistic as they come.”​
He let Holy KO' him, at least according to her. I'd consider that somewhat helpful.

Someone here called it as soon as Mike Perry went to Jackson's and then was scheduled against Cowboy. History repeats itself

while i agree, if they hadn't done that where would the gym be today?

Jon Jones was the best thing to happen to that gym, and they knew it the first time they laid eyes on him.

Cowboy doesn't do that because he's a FIGHTER, not a trainer. if Jones does that, good on him, but it's not a requirement.

yeah i agree with that but thats also a part Of LOYALTY! is helping others as well as when they help you....loyalty should be both ways not only one sided...

as a member of a gym, you as a fighter should take it on yourself to share knowledge with your teammates from time to time as well..

if you ever been in a gym and only learn new stuff when the coach drills you/introduces new stuff theres something wrong

Fuck winklejhon. He actively tried to get Yoel into his camp and train him because he knew, despite his training, Yoel will be something big. Even offered to train with their golden kid Jon Jones and Holly Holm's. Glad Yoel didn't fall for it and stayed in his ATT camp.

Back