Winkeljohn: "Cowboy is not loyal to anybody in the gym. He's as narcissistic as they come."

Dang. There goes any bridge that was.

Ive heard things about Cowboy being a dick before but he was given a big microphone today - there are always two sides to the story. He seems like a fun character but obviously struggles with some mental issues, is a notorious head case before fights, being addicted to booze, now micro doses mushrooms, being addicted to extreme sports and most importantly: being a cage fighter. Fighters will tell you fighters are the biggest divas out there. I guess it is not surprising that a ten year relationship that involved the getting of CTE on a daily basis ended up badly. Now a days, it is RARE for any relationship to last ten years. We live in a different world, where most people move on from their jobs in a few years, not like the olden days when you married one women for your whole life, worked one job for your whole life and lived in the same town you were born in your whole life.

88C60C99-D3F8-4D18-9A37-8B938F27DDCA.jpeg

I like cowboys mentality from winks perspective. I have never understood this we all train with everyone and then fight. Seems wwe. Hence all the over top fist bumping and hugging during a fight. I like the fedor approach, and even...sigh, conors approach. A small team you work with without this group training..thing.

Theres two sides to this story as in any gym break up. In the end, martial art gyms never do great financially and they got bills to pay.
They prob would be better never getting the larger, more expensive gym.

Only reason ATT around still is they have a rich ass dude owning the facility but that could end at any moment.

Matt Hume, trains a 9x time champ, gym is vary small and modest and prob pays the bills fine w/o even having to manage fighters. Resepect.

Theres two sides to this story as in any gym break up. In the end, martial art gyms never do great financially and they got bills to pay.
They prob would be better never getting the larger, more expensive gym.

Only reason ATT around still is they have a rich ass dude owning the facility but that could end at any moment.

Matt Hume, trains a 9x time champ, gym is vary small and modest and prob pays the bills fine w/o even having to manage fighters. Resepect.

why can't these gyms just do classes to pay the bills, I'm sure their name alone would get them a whole shit load of students. Maybe they are too busy with fighters.

Usually would be inclined to not take sites since you can never really know

but the gym has a history doing stuff like this and almost all their guys have left in like the last two years. Who's even there now like Holm, Jones... Dodson?

Cowboy is a gym random and he’s become a caricature of a fighter. He rarely trains there and the LOSSES, he’s had quite a few the last couple years bc he does his own thing. He takes guys like Lando Vannatta and screws em up, his mentality of “just fight” doesn’t work. He’s fallen in love w the celebrity

Yes I'm sure in 10 years hes never helped anyone, ever

JW has rebooted, they will take over the next couple of years, Bevon Lewis will be the 185 champ next year, for years, mark my words, and call me out lol.

Did the fight get signed after perry moves there or before? WW whole top 30 is a shark tank why would they sign this fight out of all the other possibilities if they train at the same place? Unnecessary BS unless it’s for a title or title eliminator

This beef this getting real af. Cerrone really went off on JRE. I bet this is a huge distraction for the gym. Then again, they have Jon Jones

I feel bad for Donald. It seems he needs to keep holding up this image he has created. Alot of things he does seem forced. Like when he was talking shit to Conor at that presser. Mcnuggets? That whole interaction was cringe city. Or when cameras film Cerrone on his boat, it's like he isn't really having a good time. There's a void he has been trying to fill. Maybe his endless search will lead him to God and he can find the peace he is looking for. As a fan of cowboy since wec...i think this life has become too much for him to deal with which has played a part in the gym feud.

MMA is so weird with this "Loyalty to the gym" shit.

You got Cody No Brain and Uriah Gayber losing their shit because Killashaw left. Who gives a shit if he left?

Rashad had a hissy fit when Jones fought Shogun for the title.

Now this.

Wtf is going on?

They did Cowboy dirty imo. He was one of the gyms premiere fighters for years, now they're (or wink anyway) is throwing him under the bus for Mike fucking Perry of all people.

Loyalty doesn't mean shit when it comes to money though, most people find this out sooner or later in life and that's what it sounds like it really boils down too.

Sucks for Cowboy, but honestly I'm not really surprised and kind of seen this coming considering the gym legitimately has a history of this.

Seems weird, the fighters rely on their coaches. Should be the coaches that need to maintain a level of trust with the fighter.

I can understand both sides now that Wink spoke up. There will ALWAYS be drama in any gym. You put a bunch of alpha males under one roof and it’s bound to happen. At the end of the day, this’ll be good for Donnyboy. He needs to put down the booze and evolve. Kinda been the same fighter his whole career.

I see no point in taking sides in this drama. Good luck to all parties involved.

Cowboy seems pretty chill from what I can tell listening to him on the Joe Rogan podcast.

Jackson’s has harbored some pretty shady behavior.

Cowboy seems pretty chill from what I can tell listening to him on the Joe Rogan podcast.

Jackson’s has harbored some pretty shady behavior.

Sanchez also confirms him not being a good teammate

why can't these gyms just do classes to pay the bills, I'm sure their name alone would get them a whole shit load of students. Maybe they are too busy with fighters.

Hard to run a gym that caters to the fighters and also caters to the monthly paying students. Its like two different type of groups of people. Most fighters are broke, cant pay monthlys and soley train and pay fees when they get fights, thats where they belong to a fight gym. These gyms barely pay for themselves and the owners do it more as a hobby. Students that have jobs and pay every month and just wanna learn self-defense are typically new and the fighters dont want to train with “newbs”. People make fun of Mcdojos but its those schools that dont have any broke fighters are the ones that stay open long-term. Its a business at the end of the day. Like the UFC is.

Back